UK prices include 20% tax

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 03:46 PM
    i'd be shocked if someone actually paid 900 bucks for a phone!
    IPhone users do this this all the time... lol

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 03:47 PM
    Only CrackBerry members would pay 930 bucks Canadian for a BlackBerry. It may not be fair but that is the way of the world.

Maybe Chen should be saying that we only expect to sell a million but we expect to make a profit from each device we sell.

Edit: a medium tiered all touch BlackBerry Android, purchased unlocked , would have been my preference.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 10-20-15 at 05:49 PM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-20-15 04:25 PM
    How could the Priv is more expensive than the Passport when it first came out?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-20-15 04:32 PM
    I personally would only pay between $500-$650 USD for the Priv. It's about the same pricing for the new Moto X, new Xperias and other Android flagships. While the PKB might not be available on other phones and curved glass only on the Edge devices, I don't feel it would justify a higher price. I guess all we can really do is wait for an official announcement.
    10-20-15 04:53 PM
    Rumour only. Mods,why allow these misleading titles?

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm and TCB on Z10 like this.
    10-20-15 05:12 PM
    IPhone users do this this all the time... lol

Posted via CB10
    But they have the brand equity, great resale value, and second to none costomer support.
    Donvald and techvisor like this.
    10-20-15 05:47 PM
    But they have the brand equity, great resale value, and second to none costomer support.
    I buy and resale phones quite often, and what I found out was Blackberrys have a higher resale values and more return customers. They seem to like the Blackberrys more because they work flawlessly out of the country and they have little to no issues taking to any carrier, regardless if a bill was owed with the associated account or not. iPhones on the other hand seem to be a pain in the **** to get resold due to locks being put on them for no valid reason that leave them being a paperweight. Most customers I ran across were not trying to buy a used iPhone due to upgrade plans, they instead just give the old ones to a family member or their kids..or throw it away. And as far as customer service standpoint, I have never had to call BB customer service because my BB phones work, even the second hand ones I purchased through independent sellers!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    10-20-15 06:48 PM
    No. Relax. Absolutely zero chance BB will price it that high. They may well price it high-ish on the spectrum, which would be in the US $700 range. That would be the price for a new iPhone 6S.

Posted via CB10
    I won't be surprised if they actually went ahead and price it that much. $599 and it'd fly off the shelves. But BlackBerry has a track record of poorly pricing their stuff and it wouldn't surprise me if they priced it USD 900 or heck even USD 1100 for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    Donvald likes this.
    10-20-15 09:41 PM
    if this device is priced at anything more than $599...then someone high up in BlackBerry is brain dead
    10-21-15 02:49 AM
    They say the pre-order price in the UK is 579 pounds and I did the conversation to US minus the 20% VAT tax they have and it will be around 700.00 which I am figuring 699.00 US or maybe even 649.09 which is fine with me. Now it's a waiting game.
    Last edited by bakron1; 10-21-15 at 04:54 AM.
    10-21-15 04:43 AM
    DOA.

To be honest, BlackBerry always failed because of pricing. Even BlackBerry 10 OS did not get many people coz they kept the price too high.

And I heard after 3 months, it will be selling at $350-400 and chen saying we have inventory hang of 1 year. Haha

#brainwashed that BlackBerry is still high in demand. And that they can price it that high.

Posted via CB10
    Donvald likes this.
    10-21-15 04:51 AM
    Seems quite cheap to me! They complain they want high specs. They don't want to pay for it! People with Champagne tastes and Kool Aid money should just chill.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 and outlooker like this.
    10-21-15 05:55 AM
    Seems quite cheap to me! They complain they want high specs. They don't want to pay for it! People with Champagne tastes and Kool Aid money should just chill.

Posted via CB10
    Priv is more like sparkling wine..... trying to be sold at the same bar that has real Champagne.

I think most had hoped BlackBerry would be more in line with the OnePlus devices and not be trying to out premium Samsung's more premium device. But everyone forgets that KNOX and BlackPhone are the market that BlackBerry is competing against.

If you want enterprise grade security that PRIV is a DEAL.... It's like when buying a car, you normally aren't going to start looking at the shop that sells bullet proof cars for politicians. It's just not the same market.
    JeepBB and Donvald like this.
    10-21-15 07:35 AM
    Priv is more like sparkling wine..... trying to be sold at the same bar that has real Champagne.

I think most had hoped BlackBerry would be more in line with the OnePlus devices and not be trying to out premium Samsung's more premium device. But everyone forgets that KNOX and BlackPhone are the market that BlackBerry is competing against.

If you want enterprise grade security that PRIV is a DEAL.... It's like when buying a car, you normally aren't going to start looking at the shop that sells bullet proof cars for politicians. It's just not the same market.
    The device ISN'T primarily targeted at Enterprise it's for General Consumption. You think that Enterprise is looking for a device that has a camera that's better than a Nikon DSLR?? Sparkling wine maybe but Kool Aid money won't cut it indeed! You just can't please the masses.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 07:43 AM
    I am afraid that corporate users might shy away from PRIV if it is priced much more expensive than iPhone 6s . . . Buy iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus - Apple
    10-21-15 07:47 AM
    What dollars...?

Attachment 376513

That's your comparison in AUD (Au$$ie)...

:-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    How many times have you used this pic and did you really have to go there?
    10-21-15 07:57 AM
    I am afraid that corporate users might shy away from PRIV if it is priced much more expensive than iPhone 6s . . . Buy iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus - Apple
    In any Enterprise Organization ,very few at the top get devices priced at this level. The mass number of devices deployed would be priced along the lines of the BlackBerry Q5. This is what we have done in our operations.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-21-15 08:02 AM
    I buy and resale phones quite often, and what I found out was Blackberrys have a higher resale values and more return customers.
    Your anecdotal experience is not representative of the rest of the market.
    TGR1 likes this.
    10-21-15 08:07 AM
    Your anecdotal experience is not representative of the rest of the market.
    Depends on which market, he or she operates in.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 likes this.
    10-21-15 08:08 AM
    In the UK it appears the device will sell at a base price of �579.99.

GBP 579.99 is inclusive of VAT (20%) imposed in the U.K., I suppose.

GBP 483.33 (equivalent to USD 750) appears to be the price NET of such VAT.

----------

PRIV by BlackBerry - SIM only deals & offers | The Carphone Warehouse

Carphone Warehouse website terms and conditions for use. - Carphone Warehouse Help and Support

8. Orders

8.1 All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If the Goods You have ordered is not available from stock You will be contacted by e-mail or phone (if you have given Us details) and You will have the option either to wait until the item is available from stock, receive a substitute of equivalent price or to cancel Your order. All prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering information. However, We reserve the right to change prices without prior notice to You.

----------

Shop BlackBerry - U.K. TERMS OF SALE AND CONSUMER INFORMATION

PRICE AND TERMS OF PAYMENT

4.4 Unless otherwise specified, prices indicated are

4.4.1 Exclusive of the costs of shipping or carriage to the agreed place of delivery within the Territories (charges for delivery are stated on the Site); and

4.4.2 Exclusive of VAT and any other tax or duty which (where applicable) must be added to the price payable;
    Last edited by yhamaie; 10-21-15 at 09:58 AM.
    10-21-15 08:25 AM
    iPhones on the other hand seem to be a pain in the **** to get resold due to locks being put on them for no valid reason that leave them being a paperweight. Most customers I ran across were not trying to buy a used iPhone due to upgrade plans, they instead just give the old ones to a family member or their kids..or throw it away.
    LOL. Cool story bro.

Meanwhile, Gazelle sent me a shipping label for my one year old Verizon iPhone 6 128gb Slate Grey, and paid me $442.05 a week later. Repeated over and over and over at very high volume.

Not sure if the unique challenges your customers face are indicative of the market. I don't throw many $400 bills in the trash, but everyone has different priorities.

I buy and resale phones quite often, and what I found out was Blackberrys have a higher resale values and more return customers.
    Lots of cheap ones here, looks like $117 retail is "all the money and more" on a Z10. Buy a Used BlackBerry Z10 | Glyde How much are you paying for phones that sell for $117?
    Last edited by Cashgap; 10-21-15 at 09:05 AM. Reason: oops YEAR not MONTH
    10-21-15 08:54 AM
    It will fall down to price for the everyday Joe. As for business and enterprise they might also care about the price. This latter point is anyone's guess.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 09:04 AM
    Looks like we might know the price on Friday. Just saw this ad this morning on Android Origin 's website.

Blackberry Priv to be Priced at 0 (rumor)-img_20151021_090643_edit.png

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    10-21-15 09:07 AM
    Depends on which market, he or she operates in.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly...

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    10-21-15 10:44 AM
130 12345 ...