02-29-16 01:42 PM
172 1234 ...
tools
    Convinced of what? BB10 has not produced a product to help bring BlackBerry back to relevance. Now they have turned to Android as a last hope. All we can do is wait to see if it's successful. Guessing doesn't make anything real.
    Oh it turns our thinking differently, I don't think BlackBerry turned to Android, I just thought how BlackBerry to be completely like Android.
    09-27-15 09:03 AM
    Just because people are talking about it doesn't mean they'll buy it. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Only time will tell.
    Exactly!
    09-27-15 09:23 AM
    Plus, there are some people who will feel good about using a phone that is different from the rest. And there will be some people who fall for the privacy/security features that the Priv will offer.

Posted via CB10
    Fall for the privacy security features on Android... That's exactly the right phrase.
    09-27-15 09:27 AM
    Many "Loyal" BB fans do not agree with going droid. But w/e. Good luck with this, you'll need it.
    My intent is not to offend you at all.
    Thanks for your wishes. I will start a thread after success of Priv surely. For me success of BlackBerry matters . It is all numbers game which is going propel the sales whilst BB10 failed to get the numbers.

 Passport SE propelled by 10.3.2.2639
    09-27-15 10:13 AM
    I think the Priv may do extremely well. For the last few years the general phone population (meaning not people that follow blogs and stay extremely up to date) have had two choices based on advertising and sales. IPhone and Samsung. I know there are other choices, I'm just saying these are the big two based on advertising and such things. While Blackberry has not been in the publics eye, it is a well established name. The younger generation may not know it well (as a matter of fact one of my son's friends the other day asked if he will get a new blueberry and he was 100% serious), but there are plenty out there that know the name. It's not like the Priv will be coming from an upstart company, and I could see a lot of people coming back if the reviews are good and the price is right. Maybe I'm wrong.

Spreading the love with my Z10
    09-27-15 10:22 AM
    I really hope they market this phone.....

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    09-27-15 10:28 AM
    It needs to come out firing on all cylinders and not immature like when BB10 came out. And since it will hopefully use the latest version of Android, all the custom BlackBerry stuff that they are adding better work well.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 10:45 AM
    To the OP... could you please lend me your crystal ball??? like really.. no one knows whether this thing will actually sell... the major difference with this device is that it is not being ignored outside the BB community... when BB would annouce a new product... the blogoshere and tech site would either be snarky or indifferent... this is not the case with this device.... in some cases in the Android community there is actually excitement....
    What I do not get since the Android switch first surfaced is this misplaced loyalty in both the BB brand and OS.... if BB pulls it off and offers most of the BB10 features available in a secure environment who cares what OS they use... Android has the added benifit of total app avialabilty... so really what is the issue... I could see this argument if the device was released and it had major deficiencies... but guess what...it is not... In the end... BB has not choice but to go this way... just for the hardware division to survice... for those "Android" haters... guess you would just prefer BB devices be discontinued.... because this is what will happen.... BB10 in the consumer market at least is "DEAD" ... just look at the quarterlies... It seems be a case of "cut off you nose to spite your face"...... if they can make the swithch to Android and make it work.. all the more power to them ....
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    09-27-15 11:06 AM
    The "Priv" are you kidding me?The CB site is kept running by all things BB. Members here have voiced their opposition to all things Android and Apple since the day those products showed up. Once the great leader in secure mobile technology, BB has failed miserably since 2007 and yet the voices condemning both Android and Apple have stayed strong and in fact, Have gotten louder as those platforms have not only caught up but, They left BB in the dust. Every new Android device is ridiculed as another cheap handset with the same old buggy, lagging OS at it's core. Apple is ridiculed ad nauseam every time they launch a new product. Its a stale OS, it's a kiddy phone' it's not for business. its OS is for the unsophisticated who can't deal with a real business tool.
    Enter the "Priv" an Android based BB! Now we have people claiming they will buy multiples of this device. Claims that BB has secured the Android system are premature at best. It is truly amazing to watch the transformation of loyalty to a device that runs on a system that has been bashed on this sight for years. Take that laggy and buggy OS and drop it into a substandard BB device and all of a sudden, BAM! IT"S THE NEW BEST HOLY GRAIL OF ALL THINGS SMARTPHONE!!!! This brings a whole new meaning to "If you cant be with the one you love honey, Love the one your with"..
    09-27-15 11:07 AM
    Maybe not everybody looking for an Android flagship will get one, that's an almost sure thing. But if you compare it (specs wise: what, sadly matters in the Android world) with other flagship devices( LG, Samsung,HTC ) it can offers the same specs, great build quality, better (maybe) security and a slider kb!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 11:07 AM
    This notion that Android and iOS are not business tools is old hat and flawed. CEOs, doctors, lawyers, researchers, politicians, etc. seem to be doing just fine with those platforms. I don't hear major outcries from any of these professionals on how their businesses are suffering because of these platforms. Yes, I also prefer BB10, but we need to get over the myth of "tools not toys." I work at a major medical center and interact with all kinds of people (professors, doctors, Chairs, Deans, finance people, etc.). Their phones are getting the job done. I have family that run their own businesses, and their iPhones are not a detriment to their success. My wife is a physician and relies on her Galaxy to help get her job done. It doesn't do the BlackBerry brand any good sticking to outdated mantras and ideas. BlackBerry switched their emphasis to enterprise customers and still can't sell enough phones to keep the hardware business viable long term. That speaks volumes.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 09-27-15 at 11:31 AM.
    MikeX74, JeepBB, TgeekB and 10 others like this.
    09-27-15 11:15 AM
    I don't see any reason for someone (even if they somehow like android?) to get a BB android. Just pointless from all perspectives. Even at the price point you are writing.
    I wanna get one because it's a slider, so why is that pointless?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 12:18 PM
    I don't see any reason for someone (even if they somehow like android?) to get a BB android. Just pointless from all perspectives. Even at the price point you are writing.
    Listen, if the device doesn't interest you, then you have nothing to worry about. I for one, think this device will sell pretty well actually. Tons of positive press, and a lot of interest from the android community. Don't see the point of this device? Show me another recent android product that has a physical keyboard, amped up security, and has similar specs to the Priv. It's different, and sometimes different is all it takes to sell a device when the masses are getting bored with the same slabs, none of which offer anything significant over previous generations. Let's give this device some time. As much as I'm a bb10 believer and supporter, I think the sales of this device is going to make some of us 'preachers' eat crow.

Posted via CB10
    DolemiteDONS and DarkJoker33 like this.
    09-27-15 12:25 PM
    BlackBerry Priv - Not the LAST BlackBerry Phone but the FIRST BlackBerry Secured Android phone

09-27-15 12:40 PM
    "Ton of positive reaction from the android community"

So because ~$200 smartphone users say something positive about this device (well they are basically happy because another one joined their precious OS) you think it will sell like crazy.

Also, what kind of "security/privacy" are you talking about? Chen was talking about Privacy while he opened chrome.. I mean really?

I would be interested in a BB10 slide (since I am a Torch user) but like my sig says, they are dead to me now. And you will see it too, soon.

Peace
    acovey likes this.
    09-27-15 12:41 PM
    I'm just excited to have a device with a capacitive keyboard. They're really cool and no one else makes them. Cutting edge specs and a curved screen make it even better.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 12:43 PM
    I have the full touch BlackBerry Z10 and I can't wait to get the Priv!! Hurry up already.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 01:00 PM
    BlackBerry Priv - Not the LAST BlackBerry Phone but the FIRST BlackBerry Secured Android phone

Let's hope that it won't be rooted and then we talk.
    The name by itself does not secure the phone. I am waiting for the final product hoping they know what they are doing.

Nothing like my SE.
    09-27-15 01:04 PM

You should be on their marketing team!
    IndianTiwari and Jakob Greve like this.
    09-27-15 01:10 PM
    Listen, if the device doesn't interest you, then you have nothing to worry about. I for one, think this device will sell pretty well actually. Tons of positive press, and a lot of interest from the android community. Don't see the point of this device? Show me another recent android product that has a physical keyboard, amped up security, and has similar specs to the Priv. It's different, and sometimes different is all it takes to sell a device when the masses are getting bored with the same slabs, none of which offer anything significant over previous generations. Let's give this device some time. As much as I'm a bb10 believer and supporter, I think the sales of this device is going to make some of us 'preachers' eat crow.

Posted via CB10
    "Tons of positive press" delusional! Just like the original 2 CEO's who cost this company everything.
    acovey and techvisor like this.
    09-27-15 01:14 PM
    The way people use their smartphones and what they expect from them is evolving and is also subject to fashion. I think it is possible that BlackBerry might catch a wave with the priv. People are writing books on their phones now.
    09-27-15 02:41 PM
    Many "Loyal" BB fans do not agree with going droid. But w/e. Good luck with this, you'll need it.
    Have a look at this chart and see what will happen if BlackBerry stays with BB10.
    Marketing will not fix this unless the app gap is fixed first.
    Those "Loyal" fans would kill the device business and very likely the company with it.
    Please grow up.

BlackBerry Priv - Last BB phone-couldbeworse.png
    PygmySurfer, ccbs and IndianTiwari like this.
    09-27-15 04:04 PM
    What has amazed me is when I hear folks tell me that OS10 is so much more productive and that folks who use an iPhone or Android device are using toys instead of a tool.

First of all, you can't be frigging serious and you obviously haven't been involved with the current corporate environment in 2015!

Most of the Fortune 500 companies including manufacturing, hospitals, law firms, private businesses are using IOS and Android devices integrated into their everyday task and don't miss a beat.

IPads and Android tablets are being use in restaurants, hospitals, legal firms, local municipality's and so on and use custom apps to get the job done.

I love Blackberry just as much as the loyal fan does, but this is 2015 and not 2007 and the dynamics have drastically changed.

The two dominant platforms are Android and IOS and they are the ones that all others will be judged against.

I personally think Blackberry's decision to move into the Android based device is a smart one. You can also bet they where also being pressured by some of their larger corporate clients to move into that direction.

I for one welcome the Priv and I am committed myself to buying three of them if the pricing is in line with current devices on the market.

As I have said many times, in today's highly competitive market, you either roll with the competition or get rolled over, period.
    pantlesspenguin and MikeX74 like this.
    09-27-15 04:38 PM
    What has amazed me is when I hear folks tell me that OS10 is so much more productive and that folks who use an iPhone or Android device are using toys instead of a tool.

First of all, you can't be frigging serious and you obviously haven't been involved with the current corporate environment in 2015!

Most of the Fortune 500 companies including manufacturing, hospitals, law firms, private businesses are using IOS and Android devices integrated into their everyday task and don't miss a beat.

IPads and Android tablets are being use in restaurants, hospitals, legal firms, local municipality's and so on and use custom apps to get the job done.

I love Blackberry just as much as the loyal fan does, but this is 2015 and not 2007 and the dynamics have drastically changed.

The two dominant platforms are Android and IOS and they are the ones that all others will be judged against.

I personally think Blackberry's decision to move into the Android based device is a smart one. You can also bet they where also being pressured by some of their larger corporate clients to move into that direction.

I for one welcome the Priv and I am committed myself to buying three of them if the pricing is in line with current devices on the market.

As I have said many times, in today's highly competitive market, you either roll with the competition or get rolled over, period.
    What I was saying as well. The corporate and enterprise world moved on just fine.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    09-27-15 04:43 PM
    The "Priv" are you kidding me?The CB site is kept running by all things BB. Members here have voiced their opposition to all things Android and Apple since the day those products showed up. Once the great leader in secure mobile technology, BB has failed miserably since 2007 and yet the voices condemning both Android and Apple have stayed strong and in fact, Have gotten louder as those platforms have not only caught up but, They left BB in the dust. Every new Android device is ridiculed as another cheap handset with the same old buggy, lagging OS at it's core. Apple is ridiculed ad nauseam every time they launch a new product. Its a stale OS, it's a kiddy phone' it's not for business. its OS is for the unsophisticated who can't deal with a real business tool.
    Enter the "Priv" an Android based BB! Now we have people claiming they will buy multiples of this device. Claims that BB has secured the Android system are premature at best. It is truly amazing to watch the transformation of loyalty to a device that runs on a system that has been bashed on this sight for years. Take that laggy and buggy OS and drop it into a substandard BB device and all of a sudden, BAM! IT"S THE NEW BEST HOLY GRAIL OF ALL THINGS SMARTPHONE!!!! This brings a whole new meaning to "If you cant be with the one you love honey, Love the one your with"..
    Android is a buggy pos os. That's my feeling of it since moving to BlackBerry. Bb10 being my first real experience. There are so many things I hate about iPhone and that is just from trying to use my daughters ipad, getting constant group chats from Co workers that don't know how to turn that crap off etc etc. With that said, when I'm forced back to android, and I am being forced eventually, I hope that the BlackBerry androids have taken off and they are as good as they claim. I hate Google. Hate their intrusion in my life and I don't like 5 hour batteries and lag. There is nothing on Android BlackBerry 10 can't beat in my opinion except apps. I'm not going to like going back to android at all. But windows is in the same boat as BlackBerry and their invasiveness is getting as bad as Google. Will I give a BlackBerry Droid a chance? Probably when the time comes but I don't like it.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    09-27-15 05:16 PM
172 1234 ...