Could you explain to me the technology behind Samsung Knox and tell me what kind of security you are looking for ?
    Can you explain me the point of creating yet another shtty expensive droid phone and expect it to sell?
    10-10-15 03:55 AM
    Can you explain me the point of creating yet another shtty expensive droid phone and expect it to sell?
    Yes. There are more people buying Android phones, than there are people who buy BB10. So statistically they should sell more.

Makes sense to me.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-10-15 09:10 AM
    Yes. There are more people buying Android phones, than there are people who buy BB10. So statistically they should sell more.

Makes sense to me.

Posted via CB10
    Except it is a decade old form factor that few in the modern world want. What I don't understand is if they think this is the way forward why not just release a droid based passport and see how it does on the market?
    10-11-15 07:35 AM
    Except it is a decade old form factor that few in the modern world want. What I don't understand is if they think this is the way forward why not just release a droid based passport and see how it does on the market?
    The market does not want the world's widest phone that has a PKB and only 4.5 inch screen. I agree though, more businesses and consumers would prefer an all touch secured Android over the slider.

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    10-11-15 12:21 PM
    I think there was a niche for the Passport & other form factors including slider KB devices... probably what people don't want is a brand that has been smeared in the public eye.

If the Priv came out as a new BRAND available as straight android off the shelf AND/OR as another option with bb10 overlay & security features added, there was a chance for success.

As it is, I fear no chance for this Priv as a BlackBerry branded device.

The market does not want the world's widest phone that has a PKB and only 4.5 inch screen. I agree though, more businesses and consumers would prefer an all touch secured Android over the slider.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 02:13 PM
    I think my dream phone is coming true...
    seriously a new blackberry internet browser, built in customizable shortcut options, a OEM blackberry push weather app and if they use both html5 and flash mobile internet protocol they will be #1 forever! Apple does not agree with adobe, google does not see eye to eye with apple, RIM can use both it would be the ultimate smart phone, RIM, apple, google all combined
    Right now it does not matter what blackberry you get there is not much difference other than OS, carrier and a few minor differences in hardware. Current blackberrys are out dated compared to android and iphone. There was a time when people only needed basic email and web browsing. Today its about speed online and offline. We literally expect to carry a laptop, mp3 player, camera and the internet in our pockets. When we buy a new device, we expect to be blown away with all the bells and whistles. Go to any store pick up an android or an iphone there is a big difference in how advanced some features are over any blackberry. Aside from push what real advantage does a blackberry have? Nothing. In fact blackberry is falling behind. Don't get me wrong I plan on sticking with my blackberry 9630 tour till my contract is up. But, know this when I upgrade, I expect a real upgrade a faster more robust feature rich and hardware advanced blackberry. If I don't get that push services and bbm is not enough to hold me back from looking elsewhere.
    10-22-15 04:54 PM
    Since the OP can tell the future i just want to know who is going to win the Super Bowl so I won't have to waste 3 or 4 hours. Packers or Patriots? 🏈
    10-22-15 09:56 PM
    Every BlackBerry user I have talked to will not buy or use a android BlackBerry, NEVER!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 10:01 AM
    Every BlackBerry user I have talked to will not buy or use a android BlackBerry, NEVER!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    The wonder android is number one everyone is using it secretly
    10-23-15 10:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    You mean every Blackberry user that hasn't already switched, the diehards. There is a contingent of users that will keep their BB rather than go Android. I just hope they get some long term support.
    10-23-15 10:52 AM
    I think that people who really care about security won't trust so easily on any Android system, even from BB. Meanwhile BB10 will stand in this regard.
    BB10 is a well thought and reliable OS, much better than any Android version if you want an efficient phone to get the things done.
    Android is simply a popular system, with many apps and a lot of phone makers doing great multimedia features device which hypnotize the masses, who don't really care about security features, but in that market there're a lot of $$$$, so BB is trying to grab some of with a "different" product, but copying the success formula of Apple and Samsung: good phones at very high price that is interpreted like the very best and an success status symbol

I've been Android and BB user, and I must say that I'll stick to my BB10 phone for the longest possible time. I wish good luck to BB in its endeavour cause I wish to continue to use my BB system.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    10-24-15 06:26 AM
    All I use is BlackBerry and I'm using the BlackBerry Z10 now,but I am getting the BlackBerry Priv,So there is a lot of us getting the Priv

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 01:02 PM
    Security has something to do with exposure... would a hacker uptick his/her creds by fiddling with BlackBerry which is rare as hen's teeth or a major player raising lots of ire ??
    10-24-15 01:35 PM
    Even the Passport had good feedback from bloggers and see how that turned out, a total flop. Bottom line is this, 99.99% of phone buyers do not visit blogs or tech websites.
    That's totally true. The main reason for BlackBerry not shifting many units is because the high street stores stopped stocking, advertising and pushing BlackBerry phones a few years ago. Most people get their new phone by going into a high street store and asking the young attendant what to buy.
    10-24-15 04:50 PM
    Since the OP can tell the future i just want to know who is going to win the Super Bowl so I won't have to waste 3 or 4 hours. Packers or Patriots? ��
    Everyone can see it unless they are blind.
    10-25-15 08:13 AM
    The BlackBerry Vienna is on its way! It's going to be my next phone. # BlackBerry for Life.

Posted Via Aaron's BlackBerry Z10 
    12-13-15 04:24 PM
    No its not the last BlackBerry. Expect a host of Android devices with BlackBerry tagged on it.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 04:44 PM
    Security has something to do with exposure... would a hacker uptick his/her creds by fiddling with BlackBerry which is rare as hen's teeth or a major player raising lots of ire ??
    That theory would hold water if they were successful at hacking OS7 and under when BlackBerry was king!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 04:50 PM
    Just for the record, the full-touch screen form factor is far older than the sliding form factor is. Lots of people here seem to forget that for some reason.
    12-13-15 10:31 PM
    Long live BB10 Os!!!!!!!! Yeah!!

  
    12-14-15 10:33 PM
    So, we are getting closer to the end.
    02-29-16 01:30 PM
    So, we are getting closer to the end.
    Yes, I think we are too.

Even the "BB will always make phones" diehards on CB are becoming less certain and strident. Though, to be fair, they do have something of a point because BB will always sell you a phone if they have one. Chen won't turn away the revenue from any sales, he's not stupid!

So, until there is no more inventory to sell, BB phones aren't dead. And I'm sure BB have plenty of inventory left.

Hurrah! (I think...)
    02-29-16 01:42 PM
172 ... 567