Many "Loyal" BB fans do not agree with going droid. But w/e. Good luck with this, you'll need it.
    And those loyal fans are enough to maintain hardware?

If the Priv was a BB10 BB might as well shutdown hardware today. BB loyalists are becoming fewer and fewer everyday.

No sure why everyone says its going to fail as by far the most negativity for this device is on this site. Android sites are positive and excited about the phone and want to try it.
    09-28-15 08:12 AM
    Still more potential than another BB10 device.
    I would agree . . . while the market is valuing the company at around the amount of cash in hand (in bank accounts).

BlackBerry: Back In The Distressed Asset Bin - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    09-28-15 08:25 AM
    My take on this is:

- The Priv is the last attempt to keep the foot in handset and mobile OS market
    - If the Priv becomes a success, BB will continue to build handsets and runs Android on them
    - With the success of the Priv, BB10 could see a few more feature-loaded updates
    - If the Priv fails, BB10 will go in Maintenance Mode and BB will focus on Enterprise Services

However, BB has all chances to do it right with the Priv and keep BB10 alive for a few more years.

We will now in a few months...
    09-28-15 08:31 AM
    There is no business case for continuing with BB10 devices at this stage.
    Sure there is.
    09-28-15 09:06 AM
    Their commitment to BB10, how can you think that it Slider BB10 if using Android.
    Huh? Umm, that's "not" what I said. Please reread. Old School: What "they say" and what they will "need to do" to survive.....is going to change. Chen says he is not giving up on the devices and critics are saying ditch BB10.......as we await the arrival of the BlackBerry/Android Hybrid. Potentially a smart business move. Time will tell, but, his options are limited.......which does nothing for us that wanted a Slider with BB10. Their commitment is to "whatever" can turn a profit...not to supportive consumers. Whether we see another BB10 device is on a wish list right now, IMO.
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    09-28-15 09:16 AM
    As a loyal Blackberry person, I feel as long as Blackberry is willing to put their name and take a chance on the new Android based Priv, that's good enough for me.
    bicyclexpress likes this.
    09-28-15 09:38 AM
    Huh? Umm, that's "not" what I said. Please reread. Old School: What "they say" and what they will "need to do" to survive.....is going to change. Chen says he is not giving up on the devices and critics are saying ditch BB10.......as we await the arrival of the BlackBerry/Android Hybrid. Potentially a smart business move. Time will tell, but, his options are limited.......which does nothing for us that wanted a Slider with BB10. Their commitment is to "whatever" can turn a profit...not to supportive consumers. Whether we see another BB10 device is on a wish list right now, IMO.
    Comments from the company with the likes contrary, even the user can exceed the company's comments, in quotes dreaming or frustrated, we are just users and we are just can wait.
    09-28-15 09:39 AM
    Well, I said it before - if the CrackBerry fellowship doesn't like the phone, it will probably sell pretty well. Look at the market share. I bet JC will take the Galaxy device sales numbers any day. Plus, what also is relevant in the long haul - going Android for BB also means they don't have to build the whole stack of software by themselves. No HW to build on their own, no OS to build, no browser, no appstore, etc... They just do what they are good at - make a secure phone with some stand-out features like the sliding keyboard, manufactured by someone else, probably Samsung. I can totally see that this package will sell good enough to get out of the hole in the hardware devision.
    09-28-15 09:40 AM
    Years ago I begged BlackBerry to make a hybrid BlackBerry Android phone... I will try it but the price point will have to literally be between $299 - $399 there are way to many awesome phones within that price point
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-28-15 09:48 AM
    Comments from the company with the likes contrary, even the user can exceed the company's comments, in quotes dreaming or frustrated, we are just users and we are just can wait.

LOL. Ok.
    09-28-15 09:54 AM
    The "Priv" are you kidding me?The CB site is kept running by all things BB. Members here have voiced their opposition to all things Android and Apple since the day those products showed up. Once the great leader in secure mobile technology, BB has failed miserably since 2007 and yet the voices condemning both Android and Apple have stayed strong and in fact, Have gotten louder as those platforms have not only caught up but, They left BB in the dust. Every new Android device is ridiculed as another cheap handset with the same old buggy, lagging OS at it's core. Apple is ridiculed ad nauseam every time they launch a new product. Its a stale OS, it's a kiddy phone' it's not for business. its OS is for the unsophisticated who can't deal with a real business tool.
    Enter the "Priv" an Android based BB! Now we have people claiming they will buy multiples of this device. Claims that BB has secured the Android system are premature at best. It is truly amazing to watch the transformation of loyalty to a device that runs on a system that has been bashed on this sight for years. Take that laggy and buggy OS and drop it into a substandard BB device and all of a sudden, BAM! IT"S THE NEW BEST HOLY GRAIL OF ALL THINGS SMARTPHONE!!!! This brings a whole new meaning to "If you cant be with the one you love honey, Love the one your with"..
    Agree 100% and if the price tag are unbelievable expensive then venice should be keep to its dream. I rather buy Nexus or iPhone rather then getting some brand that dont even believe in their own product and OS..
    jsmith00075, TrevS1977 and heepman like this.
    09-28-15 10:41 AM
    Hmmmm... let's see. Should Chen cater to the less than 1% marketshare of BB users? Or go after the potential in the 80+% market share Android has? 80% vs 1%.... tough decision. If I was a shareholder (and those are the people that Chen has to answer to), I would want Chen to go after the 80%. BB10 had it's time to do well in the market, and it failed. I love BB10 as much as the next person here, but I ultimately I would prefer a BB skinned Android if that meant that BB is still alive and kicking.
    09-28-15 10:44 AM
    As a loyal Blackberry person, I feel as long as Blackberry is willing to put their name and take a chance on the new Android based Priv, that's good enough for me.
    Really? Mistake after mistake since 2007 and you are still willing to follow? I don't even know what to say!
    09-28-15 10:56 AM
    There is fifty/fifty chance. The one I'm more worried is the faith of BB10. What if the Priv sale well, I hope, then what is the faith of BB10? Will BlackBerry stop the development of BB10 and concentrate the resources for BlackBerry Android development?
    Now that BlackBerry 10.3.3 is on the road map, have BlackBerry announce which features and improvements they will add to 10.3.3? They will tell us a lot about the commitment BlackBerry has for BB10.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-28-15 11:10 AM
    We don't even have a chance to tough or feel the Priv Android device yet, but some people have some negatives about the device already. Wait until more details come out and more people write review or play with it first, before judge the book by its cover. I'm sure they will have press event sometime in Oct. if they are going to release in November 2015. I hope BlackBerry has it on Black Friday sales!
    09-28-15 12:07 PM
    Whatever happens, happens. It's just a smartphone at the end of the day. I will be buying one as long as the VKB is also by BlackBerry.
    09-28-15 12:21 PM
    1st year under-grad right?
    Even though it must sound unbelievable, it might just be the first time in your life you've been wrong.
    09-28-15 12:50 PM
    There is fifty/fifty chance. The one I'm more worried is the faith of BB10. What if the Priv sale well, I hope, then what is the faith of BB10? Will BlackBerry stop the development of BB10 and concentrate the resources for BlackBerry Android development?
    Now that BlackBerry 10.3.3 is on the road map, have BlackBerry announce which features and improvements they will add to 10.3.3? They will tell us a lot about the commitment BlackBerry has for BB10.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    There won't be any new features, just bug fixes and security updates.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-28-15 12:59 PM
    Will BlackBerry stop the development of BB10 and concentrate the resources for BlackBerry Android development?
    10.3.3 is a maintenance/bug-fix/security-fix release per Chen, and at some point, there will be a 10.3.4 as well. So, in that sense, BB10 hasn't (yet) been abandoned. But there is no 10.4 on the horizon, and no new BB10 devices in the future, so, while the current BB10 devices need to be supported for a while (the industry expects approximately 18-24 months of support), actual development (as in, new features and functions) of BB10 has ended.

Chen himself stated that BB10 doesn't sell well enough to justify paying for the drivers for all the hardware, given that QNX drivers aren't otherwise available and have to be paid for if needed. It's pretty easy to understand that that means "no more BB10 devices." He also talked about migrating existing BB10 enterprise customers to BB's Android.

Without explicitly saying the words "we aren't developing for BB10 anymore", which he can't say as long as there is still inventory of BB10 devices he needs to sell, he couldn't make himself much clearer on the issue.
    kbz1960, cgk, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    09-28-15 01:05 PM
    You have to look at the positive aspects. I think its pretty amazing that BlackBerry was able to make android secure. Good for them

Beproud
    If you believe Chairman Chen on subject... then I've got waterfront in AZ and some BBRY stock I'll sell you...

Posted via CB10
    KAM1138 likes this.
    09-28-15 01:08 PM
    It's a phone OS, not a religion.

And reality remains "real", regardless of how many believe!

But, congratulations on equating the end of BB10 with a "tree falling in the forest, with nobody to hear it fall; does it actually fall?" situation.
    Probably it's my fault as a barbarian, non-native speaker, but I don't think you got half of what I meant.

Who's speaking of religions? Haha, are you seriously thinking I am in denial?
    I'm not questioning the obvious decline and death of BB10 - only thing I'm questioning is stubbornly denying that past choices - or lack thereof - played a key role in making this real, unavoidable and necessary. As of now there's probably no other sane choice than releasing the Priv with Android. What bugs me is that many here love to make it look like it was unavoidable from the start. That's why I was complaining about people oversimplifying things.
    Is my point clearer now?

PS. Sure, reality remains real as long as you have never asked yourself what real means. Then it becomes blurrier. Anyway I am sorry, being last year kindergarten I'd never lecture you grown-up, level headed guys. :P Peace and love.
    KAM1138 likes this.
    09-28-15 01:12 PM

Son....i have read many of your posts....I have yet to understand any of them.
    09-28-15 02:13 PM
    There won't be any new features, just bug fixes and security updates.
    And possibly the removal of the Android runtime
    09-28-15 02:14 PM
    The sensitive physical keyboard is a good reason to buy an android BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 02:24 PM
    Probably it's my fault as a barbarian, non-native speaker, but I don't think you got half of what I meant.

Who's speaking of religions? Haha, are you seriously thinking I am in denial?
    I'm not questioning the obvious decline and death of BB10 - only thing I'm questioning is stubbornly denying that past choices - or lack thereof - played a key role in making this real, unavoidable and necessary. As of now there's probably no other sane choice than releasing the Priv with Android. What bugs me is that many here love to make it look like it was unavoidable from the start. That's why I was complaining about people oversimplifying things.
    Is my point clearer now?

PS. Sure, reality remains real as long as you have never asked yourself what real means. Then it becomes blurrier. Anyway I am sorry, being last year kindergarten I'd never lecture you grown-up, level headed guys. :P Peace and love.
    That's OK, I think we're good... And we may even agree!

The Priv is indeed the only logical path for BB to follow now. It may even lead to success and save, at least for a while, the hardware division... And, by giving Chen time to complete the transition to software, may even be the saviour of BB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-28-15 02:28 PM
172 ... 23456 ...