Bb10 didnt sell because the market did not want it. You can put the conspiracy theories to bed. Smartphone purchases are driven by applications. Hell Microsoft can't get anyone to buy their phones either. Do you think there is a conspiracy against Microsoft?

Posted via CB10
    MS fanboys think there is. Whining about everything from Google not making their apps available for WP to "the media" supposedly being biased against Microsoft. Oh, and let's not forget the asinine belief that Apple somehow pays for good coverage/positive reviews. Given the trouble the stock has encountered lately, you'd think that if Apple could buy positive coverage, they'd be doing that already.
    01-17-16 01:35 PM
    Well many people are buying the Andriod Priv inspite of the price being high. The sales figures of Priv since launch will be much much higher than Passport or Z30 .
    That still remains to be seen. Sell-through numbers have not yet been made public.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-17-16 01:39 PM
    That's awesome. I have never seen that in my area and it has been a common complaint on the forums.
    I live near stores owned by each of the four major U.S. carriers and all of them have iPhones and Samsung Galaxy phones in their own displays. I have yet to see any other phones displayed as prominently. It's not surprising because those are the highest-selling phones on the market. I wonder if they would be if all phones received the same treatment. Probably, because other OEM's barely do any advertising of their own.
    01-17-16 01:41 PM
    Well many people are buying the Andriod Priv inspite of the price being high. The sales figures of Priv since launch will be much much higher than Passport or Z30 .

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    I would wager that the Priv wont catch the Passport 1st week sales numbers in the full first quarter. The passport wasn't even released on any US carriers until very late and never on Verizon.
    The Priv is almost laughable to most people who I discuss it with.
    01-17-16 01:53 PM

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    Haha for real?!
    Priv is a joke!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    01-17-16 02:51 PM
    A change of OS course isn't the craziest thing BlackBerry could have done. We don't know how well the Priv is doing, but wet do know staying with BB10 would is a bad idea.

Can't fault them for avoiding the classic definition of insanity.
    01-17-16 03:16 PM
    A change of OS course isn't the craziest thing BlackBerry could have done. We don't know how well the Priv is doing, but wet do know staying with BB10 would is a bad idea.

Can't fault them for avoiding the classic definition of insanity.
    You don't think releasing products over and over without informing the public and expecting it to sell is insane?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-17-16 04:20 PM
    You don't think releasing products over and over without informing the public and expecting it to sell is insane?
    While we all can agree that advertising was not good, products that people want can sell well without big advertising. There are tons of products, toys, music, games, etc. that you never see on TV, magazines, or online ads that do well. For example, I have never seen ads for Shopkins, Elf on a Shelf, etc. but they are hot sellers. You don't have to be Star Wars to be successful all the time.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 05:22 PM
    While we all can agree that advertising was not good, products that people want can sell well without big advertising. There are tons of products, toys, music, games, etc. that you never see on TV, magazines, or online ads that do well. For example, I have never seen ads for Shopkins, Elf on a Shelf, etc. but they are hot sellers. You don't have to be Star Wars to be successful all the time.

Posted via CB10
    Show me 1 mobile device that sells well without ads. In fact show me any tech gadget that sells without advertising. Tech industry is really quite different.

But anyway never heard of shopkins till now. A little research shows they advertise through youtube and amazon web series shows and games. Elf on the shelf has movies and books to help sell it as well. You sell kids toys you target kids. Kids never fail at convincing parents to buy.
    01-17-16 05:41 PM
    Our robot overseers demand it.

Posted via CB10
    Hail robot overlords!!!

Posted via Commodore 64
    01-17-16 05:46 PM
    Show me 1 mobile device that sells well without ads. In fact show me any tech gadget that sells without advertising. Tech industry is really quite different.

But anyway never heard of shopkins till now. A little research shows they advertise through youtube and amazon web series shows and games. Elf on the shelf has movies and books to help sell it as well. You sell kids toys you target kids. Kids never fail at convincing parents to buy.
    I guess the point I was trying to make is that had they been viewed as great devices that people wanted, word of mouth and press coverage could have sold it. But with a new OS with a learning curve, I bet employees in cell phone stores didn't even want to bother to learn it. Instead, they had moved on already and could easily show a customer how an iPhone or Galaxy works.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-17-16 09:28 PM
    I guess the point I was trying to make is that had they been viewed as great devices that people wanted, word of mouth and press coverage could have sold it. But with a new OS with a learning curve, I bet employees in cell phone stores didn't even want to bother to learn it. Instead, they had moved on already and could easily show a customer how an iPhone or Galaxy works.

Posted via CB10
    That was Blackberry's problem. It takes no more effort than HTC or samsungs UI. Even the Priv has a learning curve over a stock android device. The OEMS ensure training material is sent out and reps should be available for questions. It is up to BlackBerry to ensure the public is interested, not the carrier.
    01-17-16 09:40 PM
    Any other retailer but ShopBlackBerry. Wait till you have a problem with them and you will be shown the true definition of poor customer service.

I have made several purchases from B&H and had to do some exchanges/refunds and they have excellent customer service. Right up there with Amazon and Apple.
    01-17-16 10:46 PM
    I do love the round logic to this thread, it reminds of the plaque I have behind my desk that states " Our engineering staff prides its self on our moto ( if we can find it, it must be there).

WOOF!
    01-18-16 07:19 AM
    Hell Microsoft can't get anyone to buy their phones either. Do you think there is a conspiracy against Microsoft?

Posted via CB10
    A conspiracy against Microsoft? Where? How do I sign up?
    01-18-16 08:30 AM
    That was Blackberry's problem. It takes no more effort than HTC or samsungs UI. Even the Priv has a learning curve over a stock android device. The OEMS ensure training material is sent out and reps should be available for questions. It is up to BlackBerry to ensure the public is interested, not the carrier.
    Afraid that Carriers and BlackBerry are assuming that the BlackBerry name alone is enough to sell a "consumer" a smartphone.... if they don't already have one in mind to begin with when the go in a store or to an online shop. In a way the BlackBerry name might be better known than HTC....

BlackBerry has never been good a selling smartphones.... one feature "push email" did it for them, and back then there wasn't any real competition. Today there is no "one feature" that drives customers to BlackBerry. I think some at BlackBerry assume that PKB is a feature and maybe others think that the PRIV's striped down seucirty is enough.... but then they also taught a tablet without email (or a built in epub reader) was a pretty good idea too.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-18-16 09:11 AM
41 12