Which one behaves the best in low temperature (sub zero Celsius) environments?
    12-15-16 08:05 AM
    It's a phone. . they haven't gotten to point where they can self evolve,yet
    so, I'd guess it's up you the way you treat them

I don't believe anyone has asked that before.
    So, we eagerly await your results.

But, you may want to keep them warm and not expose them any more than necessary.
    I suggest you experiment on the Priv and Classic. The Passport is worth saving.
    syclone1978 and jegs2 like this.
    12-15-16 08:22 AM
    you need special design: like those for your specific requirement. https://www.toughgadget.com/best-rug...ones-unlocked/
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    12-15-16 08:58 AM
    Dunno about Priv but Classic is my first choice when wearing gloves. Optical trackpad works nicely with jersey gloves and toolbelt works nicely for taking & making voice calls. I usually complain about Classic's width but the added space makes its kb better with gloves than even my 9900.

Passport has even more kb space but Classic's physical "End" key makes it the last of "real phones" imo.

Only played with Priv briefly so no help there.

As far as operation, idk that I've noticed any temperature impacts on battery endurance or other operational issues between my Classic or PP.
    12-15-16 10:49 AM
    Which one behaves the best in low temperature (sub zero Celsius) environments?
    Priv... considering some keep saying it heats up, so it can double as a hand warmer.

I couldn't enable that feature on mine though.
    berrydroid likes this.
    12-15-16 11:35 AM
    Haha...I've heard that Samsung makes better hand warmers... Lol.
    berrydroid likes this.
    12-15-16 12:29 PM
    I have used a Classic in reasonably cold weather (around -20C), reading while walking home from work.

Have not tried PRIV (just got one) in the same conditions and will likely not. It's not great for batteries and I'm not sure about screens, so I'm not going to subject my PRIV to that.

Side note: I have a Kobo Touch (3 or more years old) that will work right up until the unit becomes so cold that the display blanks out: put it into a jacket or bring it inside and it will warm up and keep on trucking! Great unit!
    12-15-16 01:46 PM
    It shouldn't matter what device you're using. Soak it in anti-freeze overnight and then do a through WD-40 on it.

Yeah! I know!!
    You wish YOU had though of it first!!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 12-18-16 at 10:42 PM.
    berrydroid likes this.
    12-16-16 12:45 AM
    Wear something with pockets under your coat, and keep the phone there as much as possible. Only the battery is vulnerable to low temperatures, the LEDs love the cold! LCD would be a different story - any liquid has a freezing point, it's just a matter of how low.
    12-17-16 09:24 AM
    I used a classic and z30 in fort Smith when temperatures were almost-50 Celsius. Both survived fine but don't expect to have them out of your pockets for long the lcds had terrible slo mo effect when exposed to the cold for too long.

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    werkregen likes this.
    12-17-16 04:29 PM
    I used a classic and z30 in fort Smith when temperatures were almost-50 Celsius. Both survived fine but don't expect to have them out of your pockets for long the lcds had terrible slo mo effect when exposed to the cold for too long.

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    I remember the slow mo from last winter. I was thinking which device to take with me for skiing. I think I'll take the classic cause it feels more robust and able to handle falling on it.
    12-18-16 09:19 AM
    During an ice storm, used my Z10 outdoors and it still works. This is the ice storm in Toronto Canada 2013 and I took a spill with it and it kept working to date no problems. The screen didn't Crack and the device ended up in a snow bank after hitting the hard ice. Only damage was a slight dent in the lower left corner ,hardly noticeable. BlackBerry made excellent hardware.

Android BlackBerry
    12-18-16 03:21 PM
    A quick feedback. I took my Classic because it's smaller and more confortable to carry than the Priv or PP.

The average temp was about -10 Celsius. I used whatsapp quite frequently. With power saving on it used about 50% battery from 9am to 5pm.

I fell (skiing) a couple of times but I can't remember if directly on the phone. Not a scratch but I did use the leather pouch.

I had no problems using the phone whereas iPhone 6s and Androids would shut down if kept outside pockets for more than 5 minutes.

Solid phone for skiing.
    01-01-17 09:13 AM