Watch "BlackBerry Priv 70wpm Typing Test Speed" on YouTube

Finally made a video of me typing over 70+ wpm on my BlackBerry Priv!! Check it out and like please!!

I made some mistakes but it's not bad. I could have gotten more if I didn't make a few mistakes.

My best is 72wpm with 0 errors!

I hate hearing people bashing the physical keyboard. News and critics will say 'who wants keyboards' 'keyboards are the past' 'keyboards are dinosaurs'. It bothers me so bad, I'm sitting there like these ignorant fools have no idea how fast and accurate I can type on my BlackBerry's. It just takes getting use to and the thumbs will do all the magic. I really hope BlackBerry doesn't go, I really don't want want to type on a glass. Ughh

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) and southlander like this.
    03-24-17 01:15 PM

Finally made a video of me typing over 70+ wpm on my BlackBerry Priv!! Check it out and like please!!

I made some mistakes but it's not bad. I could have gotten more if I didn't make a few mistakes.

I hate hearing people bashing the physical keyboard. News and critics will say 'who wants keyboards' 'keyboards are the past' 'keyboards are dinosaurs'. It bothers me so bad, I'm sitting there like these ignorant fools have no idea how fast and accurate I can type on my BlackBerry's. It just takes getting use to and the thumbs will do all the magic. I really hope BlackBerry doesn't go, I really don't want want to type on a glass. Ughh

Posted via CB10
    I don't bash physical keyboards, I bash the Priv's physical keyboard.
    03-24-17 01:36 PM
    Remember I took typing back in highschool, 70 WPM was about the best I could do on a full size keyboard with two hands.

But while a PKB works well for you... I've see people do over a 100 WPM on a VKB. So I'm not sure what the point of this is. I don't think people doubt that a PKB provides a very good typing experience. It's about the times when a user doesn't need to type - they want to SEE more of the screen for reading or for viewing content.

I think one of the best things about a PKB like the KEYone are the shortcuts you can create to bypass having to swipe, find an App and then open it. But typing... with Google Assistant I don't do that very much anymore....
    Tsepz_GP and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    03-24-17 01:36 PM
    Remember I took typing back in highschool, 70 WPM was about the best I could do on a full size keyboard with two hands.

But while a PKB works well for you... I've see people do over a 100 WPM on a VKB. So I'm not sure what the point of this is. I don't think people doubt that a PKB provides a very good typing experience. It's about the times when a user doesn't need to type - they want to SEE more of the screen for reading or for viewing content.

I think one of the best things about a PKB like the KEYone are the shortcuts you can create to bypass having to swipe, find an App and then open it. But typing... with Google Assistant I don't do that very much anymore....
    100wpm on a VKB such as an iphone? I would love to see this!!

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-24-17 02:06 PM
    Guess I must switch to a PKB because some guy at CB typed at 70WPM on his BB.

Precisely​

To me keyboards are old and done in Smartphones. I can get work done without mainly because my work involves analysing data, optimising campaigns on a platform that has an app on Android and writing insights easily on my VKB.
    03-24-17 02:12 PM
    I regularly switch between my Z10 with a VKB and my Passport with a PKB (the PP keyboard is a bit wide for me).

During a normal 10-12 hour workday, I type 10-15k words on my phone. That comes to approximately 2.5M words per year. So, obviously the speed and accuracy of the keyboard is more important to me than any other single feature. I have never found another keyboard that cones close to the BlackBerry keyboards for typing.

However, I find that, even more important than typing, the quality of the EDITING experience is what defines productivity for me, and the number one issue when editing is cursor control. I have to be able to quickly and precisely select , copy, move and paste text.

For cursor control, nothing is as fast and accurate as a PKB. I can precisely select words, sentences and paragraphs at the speed of thought, and cut, copy and insert them in precisely the right place. There is nothing that hampers my flow while writing more than accidentally inserting a copied phrase in the wrong place by a character or two, and having to correct it. That is a common malady when editing on a glass slab.

I realize that a lot of smartphone users care more about apps and media on their mobile devices, so that the keyboard experience is less important to them, but for me, it is everything. And saying that all keyboards are the same once you're used to them is a cop out. PKBs are MUCH more precise than glass slabs. I know there are individuals who can rock any keyboard, but they are the exceptions. Most people typing on glass are slow and produce barely literate copy, in my experience.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    BB10Clifton and blandIRON like this.
    03-24-17 08:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for taking the time to share with us your fabulous skill 😁

Re some of the other posters comments, whilst they're entitled to their opinions, don't let them burst your balloon. I greatly appreciate your efforts. 😎
    03-24-17 09:19 PM
    Awesome.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-24-17 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Since the advent of smartphones at the turn of the century, I've used over two dozen handsets. I've always gravitated to pkb handsets starting with Windows Mobile devices made by HTC over ten years ago - mostly landscape pkb sliders. The migration of practically all manufacturers to vkb handsets was highly disconcerting for me, but I had to move on as well.

I only discovered BlackBerry five years ago through the 9900, and boy, what a revelation. While I got acclimated over the years with glass slabs, the pure tactile experience on the 9900's pkb made me yearn for pkb handsets again. I moved to the Q10 and then to my current Priv. There just is no comparison. The bonus with the Priv is that it's vkb is so good that I do find myself using it for quick text inputs. I still prefer however to use the pkb on the Priv for long emails or journaling when I need more accurate text input. Best of both worlds. A pkb and a large screen for media consumption. The only handset that will make me give up my Priv now is a Priv 2. That and perhaps the KeyOne when it's price drops down next year.
    03-25-17 03:02 AM
    @Joel Olmedo thank you for sharing your experiences, there are far too many posts issuing negative proclamations on the pkb experience and it's alleged current day irrelevance. Tosh is what I say to that! (I don't refer to this thread in particular)

The pkb experience is a personal choice and of utmost importance for some, in the same vein as any other aspect of the phone is to other people, eg for some the speakers, or the ram size, or whatever are the most important aspects.
    Last edited by Heavens1; 03-25-17 at 03:42 AM.
    03-25-17 03:22 AM
    I regularly switch between my Z10 with a VKB and my Passport with a PKB (the PP keyboard is a bit wide for me).

During a normal 10-12 hour workday, I type 10-15k words on my phone. That comes to approximately 2.5M words per year. So, obviously the speed and accuracy of the keyboard is more important to me than any other single feature. I have never found another keyboard that cones close to the BlackBerry keyboards for typing.

However, I find that, even more important than typing, the quality of the EDITING experience is what defines productivity for me, and the number one issue when editing is cursor control. I have to be able to quickly and precisely select , copy, move and paste text.

For cursor control, nothing is as fast and accurate as a PKB. I can precisely select words, sentences and paragraphs at the speed of thought, and cut, copy and insert them in precisely the right place. There is nothing that hampers my flow while writing more than accidentally inserting a copied phrase in the wrong place by a character or two, and having to correct it. That is a common malady when editing on a glass slab.

I realize that a lot of smartphone users care more about apps and media on their mobile devices, so that the keyboard experience is less important to them, but for me, it is everything. And saying that all keyboards are the same once you're used to them is a cop out. PKBs are MUCH more precise than glass slabs. I know there are individuals who can rock any keyboard, but they are the exceptions. Most people typing on glass are slow and produce barely literate copy, in my experience.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Well said!! Totally agree!!
    03-27-17 12:54 PM
    E. L. James wrote " Fifty Shades of Gray " using a BlackBerry PKB and then transferred it to her Mac computer. I guess that is an endorsement of sorts-- lol.

BB, Still the One
    03-27-17 01:30 PM
    E. L. James wrote " Fifty Shades of Gray " using a BlackBerry PKB and then transferred it to her Mac computer. I guess that is an endorsement of sorts-- lol.

BB, Still the One
    Yeah and even Christian Grey used a BlackBerry. I hated how they changed it in the movie. Stupid iPhone!
    04-06-17 08:03 AM