Agree with you, except for the part about Apple owners THINKING they are elitists. They ARE elitists. I've known too many people who love everything Apple who think they are a cut above everyone else. They think anyone who owns a PC is crazy and MUST have viruses on their computers.
    When people like Rush Limbaugh are pushing your product (Apple), you should know enough to stay clear of it.
    03-20-11 01:32 PM
    Everyone I know who own Apple products are good people and do not consider themselves above and beyond everyone else.

Once again, this generalization is ridiculous. The most vocal may be elitest. That does not mean the rest of them are.

That would be like me saying everyone who owns a BB owns one because they think they are important. That is just not true. For some people it is, but I say "some" because I do not generalize.
    Last edited by avt123; 03-20-11 at 01:39 PM.
    03-20-11 01:37 PM
    Agree with you, except for the part about Apple owners THINKING they are elitists. They ARE elitists. I've known too many people who love everything Apple who think they are a cut above everyone else. They think anyone who owns a PC is crazy and MUST have viruses on their computers.
    When people like Rush Limbaugh are pushing your product (Apple), you should know enough to stay clear of it.
    I've never had 1 anti-virus/spyware program installed on my computer other than whatever Windows had installed with the OS, and I've never gotten one virus before. People just need to think next time before they open NigerianPrince.com - Setting the record straight! or something along that line Neither have I had a problem, hardware or software, that I didn't know how to fix. And by no means am I a tech expert... I failed my high school's computer class. While Apple user's solution to fixing every problem is calling Customer Support and getting put an hour on hold because the people before are too incompetent to figure out themselves how restart their computers when they freeze.

Everyone I know who own Apple products are good people and do not consider themselves above and beyond everyone else.

Once again, this generalization is ridiculous. The most vocal may be elitest. That does not mean the rest of them are.

That would be like me saying everyone who owns a BB owns one because they think they are important. That is just not true. For some people it is, but I say "some" because I do not generalize.
    By that logic when you can't talk about any population at all, because not everyone in that population is the same. When a significant portion of the population follows a trend, it would not be irrational to talk about the population as a whole for, if nothing else, then the sake of convenience.
    03-20-11 01:52 PM
    By that logic when you can't talk about any population at all, because not everyone in that population is the same. When a significant portion of the population follows a trend, it would not be irrational to talk about the population as a whole for, if nothing else, then the sake of convenience.
    So by your logic, all racial stereotypes are true.

Should I say everyone who watches NASCAR is poor and stupid? (south park reference).

By the sake of convenience you are spreading ignorance.

It is one thing to say "A lot" or "some" Apple users are elitest. But to categorize all of them is a little obnoxious and ignorant.
    03-20-11 01:58 PM
    I didn't say the general trend is true for everyone in th population, I said it wouldn't be illogical to use them... because if they weren't true they would be called "rumors" instead of "trends." Better to save yourself some time and **** off a few people than spend your life making sure everyone is content with what you say.
    03-20-11 02:02 PM
    And sorry, the ignorance that I'm spreading is nothing compared to the ignorance of most Apple owners.
    03-20-11 02:05 PM
    I didn't say the general trend is true for everyone in th population, I said it wouldn't be illogical to use them... because if they weren't true they would be called "rumors" instead of "trends." Better to save yourself some time and **** off a few people than spend your life making sure everyone is content with what you say.
    I understand. But still, by that logic racial stereotypes are true. If so, that pisses off entire races, which is less than a few people.
    03-20-11 02:06 PM
    And sorry, the ignorance that I'm spreading is nothing compared to the ignorance of most Apple owners.
    So now you are assuming most Apple owners are ignorant. This is funny.

Everyone from NJ is a juiced up guido, am I right?
    03-20-11 02:07 PM
    I'm not talking about pissing off an entire race. I'm not even talking about hating people! I'm talking about hating the attitude of people who are sworn Apple loyalists.
    03-20-11 02:08 PM
    I'm not talking about pissing off an entire race. I'm not even talking about hating people! I'm talking about hating the attitude of people who are sworn Apple loyalists.
    Ok, so now it went from "Apple owners" to "Apple loyalists". I guess it's not that hard to narrow it down then?
    03-20-11 02:11 PM
    Everyone from NJ is a juiced up guido, am I right?
    Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Ok, so now it went from "Apple owners" to "Apple loyalists". I guess it's not that hard to narrow it down then?
    I'm sure there are Apple loyalists that are exceptions as well. But like I said, can't make everyone happy. As you can see.
    03-20-11 02:12 PM
    Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.
    Lol. Maybe I am, but there is still a point to my post. Read the one I wrote before this.
    03-20-11 02:13 PM
    No. Unlike Apple that tries to sell itself as the almighty manufacturer of electronics, New Jersey does not try to sell itself as the home to all guidos. There's your difference. If Apple tries to sell itself as something, I certainly have the liberty to assume that "something" applies to all its owners, and it applies to a greater extend to its loyalists. New Jersey doesn't label it self as The Guido State. Maybe if you argued that there are no ugly places without gardens in New Jersey, you'd have yourself a case.
    03-20-11 02:18 PM
    I'm sure there are Apple loyalists that are exceptions as well. But like I said, can't make everyone happy. As you can see.
    Ok so back to the original point. How hard it is to add "a lot" or "some" in front of "Apple owners"?

In this case, you can make everyone happy. Especially when you are talking on a tech board where there are people here who actively use Apple products. This is the place you will get called out for making such statements.
    03-20-11 02:20 PM
    No. Unlike Apple that tries to sell itself as the almighty manufacturer of electronics, New Jersey does not try to sell itself as the home to all guidos. There's your difference. If Apple tries to sell itself as something, I certainly have the liberty to assume that "something" applies to all its owners, and it applies to a greater extend to its loyalists. New Jersey doesn't label it self as The Guido State. Maybe if you argued that there are no ugly places without gardens in New Jersey, you'd have yourself a case.
    Now you are talking about the company. We were talking about the owners of their products, no?

My NJ guido reference is the same exact thing. Most of the people you see in the show "Jersey Shore" are juiced up guidos in New Jersey. Therefor, I can generalize, since I see it on TV, that most of NJ/the shore is filled with juiced up quidos, just like you can generalize most Apple owners are elitist and ignorant because you know a few who are.

I can however argue that driving into NJ all the way up to Newark smells like ****.
    03-20-11 02:23 PM
    You'll get called out no matter what you say, there are always people who will disagree. Back to square one. Even if I said "some Apple extremist-loyalists" there will still be people who wants to take the initiative of feeling offended.
    03-20-11 02:24 PM
    Now you are talking about the company. We were talking about the owners of their products, no?

My NJ guido reference is the same exact thing. Most of the people you see in the show "Jersey Shore" are juiced up guidos in New Jersey. Therefor, I can generalize, since I see it on TV, that most of NJ/the shore is filled with juiced up quidos, just like you can generalize most Apple owners are elitist and ignorant because you know a few who are.
    I started talking about the company when you started diverging from the topic of discussion. Your NJ guido reference is not the exact same thing. Jersey Shore is not made by the same people who run the state, be it the governor, senators, or the government in general. On the other hand, Apple is made by the same person who runs the company. Jobs wants to sell his products as a cult, as a religion, as a way of life. Chris Christie doesn't want to sell The Situation as the NJ flag. That's the difference.
    03-20-11 02:28 PM
    You'll get called out no matter what you say, there are always people who will disagree. Back to square one. Even if I said "some Apple extremist-loyalists" there will still be people who wants to take the initiative of feeling offended.
    I don't know. "Some" sounds a lot more rational than "all". At that point, only the people who you are specifically talking about will be offended. As it stands right now, anyone who is an Apple owner can feel offended.
    03-20-11 02:29 PM
    Well next time I bash Apple owners, I will certainly leave you out as an exception. Anyway, you can use your incongruent comparisons and inapplicable analogies all you want, but they do not convey a cogent enough message for me to change what I said or how I said it, especially not in a thread about how an Apple sales rep told a Blackberry owner to leave the store. Not you turf, not your battle.
    03-20-11 02:35 PM
    I started talking about the company when you started diverging from the topic of discussion. Your NJ guido reference is not the exact same thing. Jersey Shore is not made by the same people who run the state, be it the governor, senators, or the government in general. On the other hand, Apple is made by the same person who runs the company. Jobs wants to sell his products as a cult, as a religion, as a way of life. Chris Christie doesn't want to sell The Situation as the NJ flag. That's the difference.
    No, there is no difference. I am specifically talking about the show itself and what you see on it. It is specifically happening in NJ. If there was a show called "Apple users are douchebags", I sure it would be safe to say, based on that show, that a lot of people will now think Apple users are douchebags. Get it?

You are getting into company ranking and how the company itself is advertising itself, and then getting into how the State of NJ operates. I am specifically talking about the show, which takes place in NJ, and is filled with people from NJ.

Do you not remember how many jokes there were about people from NJ after the Jersey Shore came out? I sure as **** do. For example, South Park had an entire episode about it.
    03-20-11 02:36 PM
    Well next time I bash Apple owners, I will certainly leave you out as an exception. Anyway, you can use your incongruent comparisons and inapplicable analogies all you want, but they do not convey a cogent enough message for me to change what I said or how I said it, especially not in a thread about how an Apple sales rep told a Blackberry owner to leave the store.
    Maybe I am not explaining myself good enough, but whatever. What I am trying to say is pretty obvious. Even an ignorant elitest Apple owner would understand. I'm done with this subject because this is obviously going to keep going back and forth.

Also, I highly doubt this even happened. Apple prides themselves on customer service, and the whole part of going to the Apple Store is the experience and help you will receive from people trained to sell their companies product.
    03-20-11 02:45 PM
    Not only does the story sound over the top, it sounds manufactured. Just saying.
    03-20-11 04:10 PM
    @ avt123 since you watch Jersey Shore ( who doesn't) let's clear things up, most of the guys are NOT from New Jersey.. Pauly D is actually from here ( Providence).. most of them are from New York. so they are New Yorkers living in Seaside New Jersey.

now back to APPLE, let me just say i own APPLE macbook PRO, APPLE mac PRO, ipods, iPad and iphones.
    BUT i do agree with the "general attitude" that most APPLE owners are portraying... especially on regular day to day conversation. it's like there's this secret signal from Steve Jobs himself to be arrogant.
    have you seen the latest iphone Ad " If you don't have an iphone, well you don't have an iphone" or somewhere along that lines..
    Clearly, the motive of this ad, is for the non-apple viewer to feel left out, insecure and go buy on impulse... for me that's being an Elitist.

and go back with all the hardware releases, where APPLE claims that they were the FIRST to do this and do that.. like with the Facetime Calling. You and the rest of the people in this forum know how inaccurate that information is.

GOING back to the topic, the sales clerk is WRONG in so many levels, even if the OP exposed himself/herself to the entire APPLE floor, the right thing to do is call Security and not handle the situation on his own.
    With today's Technology where everyone has a camera/video/ recorder etc, it's surprising that someone had the audacity (if that was TRUE) to do that, and NOT expect the scene to be played on Youtube 5 minutes after
    03-20-11 04:14 PM
    @ avt123 since you watch Jersey Shore ( who doesn't) let's clear things up, most of the guys are NOT from New Jersey.. Pauly D is actually from here ( Providence).. most of them are from New York. so they are New Yorkers living in Seaside New Jersey.
    I know. I have only seen the show once because after watching it, I felt like a moron.
    03-20-11 05:23 PM
    My gawd....it's come to this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-11 06:15 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD