So today i actually went into a apple store, totally against my rules i went in alone. I had also forgotten my belt clip but still had my cover on my phone and couldn't put in my pocket. I asked one of the Applebots to see a Ipad2. He went into the back and brought up one to show me. He gave his little speech tell me what i already knew and showing me that stupidly ugly cover. I told him I wasn't interested in buying at the moment just wanted to check it out. As he hands me the ipad i put my cellphone down on the table next to me and proceed to play with the playbook.
    He looks down at my phone sitting face down and says to me "I think you should leave". I was dumb founded, I just completely couldn't believe what he said to me, a customer. I put the ipad down and picked up my phone, i asked why? He said "You own a blackberry and said you weren't interested in buying", at that moment store fell dead silent. I asked him "Ok so why don't you try to convert me to apple i mean i do have AT&T?" he said "Convert? what like a cult?". All I could do was just stare at him and hold back a giggle, I just said "Fine I'll leave".
    As i left the Applebot followed me out and the store went back to what it was doing. On my way up the escalator someone asked me "what was that all about?" I just shrugged. I couldn't quite compute what had actually happened.
    Has anyone else had any issues with apple if you own a BlackBerry?
    Last edited by drethos; 03-19-11 at 05:32 PM. Reason: fixing grammer
    03-19-11 05:08 PM
    Almost impossible to believe. Is this really a creative writing project?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    03-19-11 05:27 PM
    I wish i just wrote it up like one because saying "i was told to leave a apple store after walking in with a blackberry and almost got murdered" lacks a lot. But that happened to me today. If i had known it would have happened i would i have had my voice recorder on. But yeah it would make a good writing project, it just confused the **** outa me his reaction to me setting my phone down.
    03-19-11 05:31 PM
    It sounds a little over the top, but not completely surprising (if true). I won't go into the local Apple Store unless it's an emergency (like my iPod died). It's just a very weird and creepy feeling being in there, kind of how I imagine it would feel to walk into some crazy religious cult meeting or something.
    03-19-11 05:34 PM
    Ah, next time stroke 'em along for a while, lol. Make them think you ARE interested in buying, play with it for a while, then give it back and tell them, "I changed my mind. This thing just doesn't meet my expectations!"

03-19-11 05:35 PM
    That's insane. You should have asked to speak to the manager about him dissing you and your blackberry lol

DAMION99 likes this.
    03-19-11 05:36 PM
    I believe this story is embellished, but believe there is truth in said poster being tested poorly and asked to leave. I have a feeling the poster said something than was left out off what was posted that lead to the forced exit. I've been in Apple stores before and while the atmosphere can be kind of creapy, it's certainly no worse than going into Best Buy.
    03-19-11 05:50 PM
    I believe this story is embellished, but believe there is truth in said poster being tested poorly and asked to leave. I have a feeling the poster said something than was left out off what was posted that lead to the forced exit. I've been in Apple stores before and while the atmosphere can be kind of creapy, it's certainly no worse than going into Best Buy.
    Not embellished more dramatic writing then anything, and the only reason I didn't protest is i was in zen almost because i just finished a cup of very good D&D coffee and i didn't really want to drag it on. Plus if i was to ask for the manager i would have either gotten "I am the manager from him" or murdered by one of the 80+ (exaggerated) people in there. By the way the place smells like going into a Game-stop. If you don't know what that smells like i suggest you go into there and take a deep breath and try not to throw up.
    Yes i did leave something out, i left my empty coffee cup on a table. It was by accident not sticking it to the man.
    Ah, next time stroke 'em along for a while, lol. Make them think you ARE interested in buying, play with it for a while, then give it back and tell them, "I changed my mind. This thing just doesn't meet my expectations!"

Do you wanna know the worse part about that. I have the money in my pocket from doing a scrap run, $631.00. Plus not to mention i got my government refund. So i did have more then an off to buy both a mac book and a ipad if i wanted to.
    Last edited by drethos; 03-19-11 at 06:14 PM.
    03-19-11 06:10 PM
    Thats funny I had the exact opposite reaction. My old lady is a iphone 4 user and I went in with her the other day looking for a car charger and some new headphones and while I was in the middle of quite a few texts and emails a employee approached me and asked if I need any help. I explained to him I was just with her looking around and he notcied I had a blackberry. Well we had a pretty nice little talk about how its all about preference and pretty much how all of us should just get a long. We were cutting up about people like the OP encountered. Just thought Id share my experience and note that not all iphone users are bad. Heck I'm married to one and I dont have trouble sleeping at night but sometimes wonder should I be sleeping with one eye open?!?!?!?
    03-19-11 06:57 PM
    Thats funny I had the exact opposite reaction. My old lady is a iphone 4 user and I went in with her the other day looking for a car charger and some new headphones and while I was in the middle of quite a few texts and emails a employee approached me and asked if I need any help. I explained to him I was just with her looking around and he notcied I had a blackberry. Well we had a pretty nice little talk about how its all about preference and pretty much how all of us should just get a long. We were cutting up about people like the OP encountered. Just thought Id share my experience and note that not all iphone users are bad. Heck I'm married to one and I dont have trouble sleeping at night but sometimes wonder should I be sleeping with one eye open?!?!?!?
    That's kinda why i posted my story. Though i kinda went to far into detail i think that's why people are having a hard time with it. Sorry ill keep it simple, and I'm not saying your simple no don't get me wrong like that employee.... oh damn he didn't me wrong. I'm sorry but i had a really good cup of coffee today i mean it was really good it's been a while since i had one. But anyways thank you Quaker87.
    03-19-11 07:33 PM
    yeah **** apple & everything that has to do with it... my 2cents. BlackBerry all day every day!
    03-19-11 07:39 PM
    To be honest, they should be eager to serve anyone with a BlackBerry since it represents "low-hanging fruit" in business parlance. Always good to get a new customer.
    03-19-11 07:47 PM
    To be honest, they should be eager to serve anyone with a BlackBerry since it represents "low-hanging fruit" in business parlance. Always good to get a new customer.
    That's what i would have thought. I mean they should have done their best to talk me out of liking my torch. But they must have thought i didn't have any money. Silly billy's i have been saving for my playbook so of course i got money and very little debt. I had to buy a new TV so i put it on credit ($548). But if you consider the government gave me $1000 back and i got some scrap money today i have no debt. But after that experience I'm no longer looking at any apple product, i was gunna buy a ipad1 this weekend to. I mean seriously i was going to buy one just to play around with since that's all it's worth.
    03-19-11 08:07 PM
    I think the story was overblown a little bit, and I don't really understand this statement:

As he hands me the ipad i put my cellphone down on the table next to me and proceed to play with the playbook.
    But I certainly wouldn't want to attend to someone who isn't even interesting in buying the product while they just sit there and play with it. You're wasting both their time and yours, and the fact that it's "their job" doesn't give you the right to be an ***** and do it.

Judging from your post, you were just fishing for a bad experience anyways. I can't really say I believe it, although I'm sure you'll get lots of support on this forum!
    03-20-11 01:24 AM
    I've seen pretty stupid sellers before. Just because I was not wearing a suit, the seller at the store I got my HP laptop 1st tried pushing me their low end POS 3 years old computers.

After a proper scold he started doing his job right.

I think the story was overblown a little bit, and I don't really understand this statement:

But I certainly wouldn't want to attend to someone who isn't even interesting in buying the product while they just sit there and play with it. You're wasting both their time and yours, and the fact that it's "their job" doesn't give you the right to be an ***** and do it.

Judging from your post, you were just fishing for a bad experience anyways. I can't really say I believe it, although I'm sure you'll get lots of support on this forum!
    I don't know but, would you like ANY seller to tell you to leave the store?

He was not going to buy then. When I go shopping, I go, look, "waste" their time, take notes and move to the next shop. It just so happens I come back to the one with the best offer (as in product+cost combo). Could take an hour or a month, but that's shopping!

I would have told him to get the manager there. That seller would be in trouble. I hope the whole thing was made up, because that only shows how people are getting ******** these days...
    03-20-11 01:39 AM
    I've seen pretty stupid sellers before. Just because I was not wearing a suit, the seller at the store I got my HP laptop 1st tried pushing me their low end POS 3 years old computers.

After a proper scold he started doing his job right.

I don't know but, would you like ANY seller to tell you to leave the store?

He was not going to buy then. When I go shopping, I go, look, "waste" their time, take notes and move to the next shop. It just so happens I come back to the one with the best offer (as in product+cost combo). Could take an hour or a month, but that's shopping!

I would have told him to get the manager there. That seller would be in trouble. I hope the whole thing was made up, because that only shows how people are getting ******** these days...
    Shopping in the apple store isn't the same as looking at the clearance rack in Wal-Mart. Also, gadgets also need explanation to some customers, so while you're sitting there swiping and tapping a screen on a gadget you admitted you weren't interested in buying, another customer might walk out because they couldn't understand how media sync worked on the phone, or couldn't see how to hook up their hotmail to an iPhone.

It's a double edged sword.

And I still stand by my opinion that the OP went in there fishing for a bad experience. I'm not even inclined to believe it's an honest recount of the situation - if it even occured.

Not even Fanboy Apple Store employees are dumb enough to do something like that in a populated Apple Store. Sorry, the whole thing just seems fabricated to me.
    K Bear likes this.
    03-20-11 02:16 AM
    Shopping in the apple store isn't the same as looking at the clearance rack in Wal-Mart.

If I want technology I go to the technology stores. Please do not pretend to know me (or anything for the matter). It is insulting.

Also, gadgets also need explanation to some customers, so while you're sitting there swiping and tapping a screen on a gadget you admitted you weren't interested in buying, another customer might walk out because they couldn't understand how media sync worked on the phone, or couldn't see how to hook up their hotmail to an iPhone.

That's is a valid point. So is mine. A different approach can make a 'not-gonna-buy' costumer change its mind.

It's a double edged sword.

And I still stand by my opinion that the OP went in there fishing for a bad experience. I'm not even inclined to believe it's an honest recount of the situation - if it even occured.

Not even Fanboy Apple Store employees are dumb enough to do something like that in a populated Apple Store. Sorry, the whole thing just seems fabricated to me.

Mine isn't thou. Which is scary, because we know there are stupid people out there that very well could do that. I'm not debating the veracity of the tale, but concerned at the fact it could VERY WELL BE true.
    Now please do mind your manners in your next post. Vailed insults are still insults.
    03-20-11 09:32 AM
    i own a Blackberry Torch and a lot of Apple products..
    last time i was infront of a Genius was for a Logic Board replacement for my 3 yr old Macbook Pro.

here's my take on this:

I have NEVER felt special in an apple Store ( CT, RI, MA) for owning a Mac.
    I have NEVER felt discriminated in an Apple Store either for owning a BlackBerry even when i don't have anything Apple on my hands that time.

Can the OP please provide the location of the said APPLE store, and the name of the employee?
    if you had a bad experience like this, you should have filed a complaint right there and then.
    03-20-11 09:54 AM
    This is funny. I have walked into the Apple Store with iPhones, Android devices and BlackBerrys and was not treated any differently because of the phone I owned or if I wasn't buying anything.

It sounds like you dealt with a tool or you are lying about something or not fully telling the story. Apple has excellent customer service and I have never had a problem with any Apple Store employee ever. They have all been extremely nice. Customer service is big with Apple.

Also, all the GameStops and Apple Stores by me smell nice. It would be pretty stupid to have a ****ty smelling store. Do you live in Bumble**** USA or something?
    Last edited by avt123; 03-20-11 at 10:29 AM.
    03-20-11 10:26 AM
    It sounds like you dealt with a tool or you are lying about something or not fully telling the story.
    Indeed. I hope it's the latter, the few tool sellers the better.
    03-20-11 11:27 AM
    This is funny. I have walked into the Apple Store with iPhones, Android devices and BlackBerrys and was not treated any differently because of the phone I owned or if I wasn't buying anything.

It sounds like you dealt with a tool or you are lying about something or not fully telling the story. Apple has excellent customer service and I have never had a problem with any Apple Store employee ever. They have all been extremely nice. Customer service is big with Apple.

Also, all the GameStops and Apple Stores by me smell nice. It would be pretty stupid to have a ****ty smelling store. Do you live in Bumble**** USA or something?
    The whole Game Stop comment was stereotypical as well. Not everyone that works or goes into a Game Stop smokes illegal stuff or fail to bathe like was inferred. Families go into these stores, not just hardcore gamers.
    03-20-11 11:35 AM
    Gee, when I walk into the Apple store with my BB on my waistband I have no trouble getting friendly help from the salespeople. Strange story you have, and if true, not sure why you didn't report it. If it were me the first thing I would ask was his name, and then I'd be making phone calls.
    03-20-11 11:40 AM
    Gee, when I walk into the Apple store with my BB on my waistband I have no trouble getting friendly help from the salespeople. Strange story you have, and if true, not sure why you didn't report it. If it were me the first thing I would ask was his name, and then I'd be making phone calls.
    My thoughts exactly - again if true. I would have had him fired for sure.
    03-20-11 12:49 PM
    So today i actually went into a apple store, totally against my rules i went in alone. I had also forgotten my belt clip but still had my cover on my phone and couldn't put in my pocket. I asked one of the Applebots to see a Ipad2. He went into the back and brought up one to show me. He gave his little speech tell me what i already knew and showing me that stupidly ugly cover. I told him I wasn't interested in buying at the moment just wanted to check it out. As he hands me the ipad i put my cellphone down on the table next to me and proceed to play with the playbook.
    He looks down at my phone sitting face down and says to me "I think you should leave". I was dumb founded, I just completely couldn't believe what he said to me, a customer. I put the ipad down and picked up my phone, i asked why? He said "You own a blackberry and said you weren't interested in buying", at that moment store fell dead silent. I asked him "Ok so why don't you try to convert me to apple i mean i do have AT&T?" he said "Convert? what like a cult?". All I could do was just stare at him and hold back a giggle, I just said "Fine I'll leave".
    As i left the Applebot followed me out and the store went back to what it was doing. On my way up the escalator someone asked me "what was that all about?" I just shrugged. I couldn't quite compute what had actually happened.
    Has anyone else had any issues with apple if you own a BlackBerry?
    You should've told the sales rep "yes, Apple is a cult." Steve Jobs thinks he's selling more than just some electronics; he thinks he's selling a way of life. I never understood why Apple developers and Apple owners think they're all elitists when most Apple products are made for people who think their non-Apple counterparts are too complicated to use. With the exception being the iPod, which is a revolutionary music player.
    No sales rep should tell you to leave their store for owning a Blackberry. Maybe if you went in there with a "I'm a PC" shirt, then I can see why a sales rep might not treat you like he should. I would have told the manager, made a big scene, and got him fired.
    Last edited by agp423; 03-20-11 at 01:08 PM.
    03-20-11 01:06 PM
    You should've told the sales rep "yes, Apple is a cult." Steve Jobs thinks he's selling more than just some electronics; he thinks he's selling a way of life. I never understood why Apple developers and Apple owners think they're all elitists when most Apple products are made for people who think their non-Apple counterparts are too complicated to use. With the exception being the iPod, which is a revolutionary music player.
    No sales rep should tell you to leave their store for owning a Blackberry. Maybe if you went in there with a "I'm a PC" shirt, then I can see why a sales rep might not treat you like he should. I would have told the manager, made a big scene, and got him fired.
    Agree with you, except for the part about Apple owners THINKING they are elitists. They ARE elitists. I've known too many people who love everything Apple who think they are a cut above everyone else. They think anyone who owns a PC is crazy and MUST have viruses on their computers.
    03-20-11 01:26 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD