I know this should prob be in the Palm section but i thought it could be a rumor of sorts.....

If Palm does shut down, is it posssible RIM will but them out and get the pre?
    03-09-09 11:31 PM
    what would ever make you think that?
    03-09-09 11:40 PM
    Palm will not shut down unless the pre fails, and if the pre fails; why would RIM want Palm?
    03-10-09 09:28 AM
    In the world of corporate acquisition, why pay for what you can get for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 12:14 PM
    I think that the form factor of the Pre would definitely appeal to those of us that love the capabilities of the BB but would also like to see the touch for games and screwing around.

Specifically, I would love to have the full QWERTY keyboard but also have the nice large touchscreen. I know the G1 has this but the sliding mechanics make it a PITA.

Anyway, I doubt any of this will be an issue as Palm WILL see a revival with this new phone. It fits right in the niche between us crack(berry)heads and the iPhone fanboys. ****, if there were a GSM version of it coming out, I would be a little tempted.

::Edit:: If RIM were to make a phone with a similar form factor to the Pre, it would have to maintain the BB keyboard (exactly like my 8900) because the Pre keyboard looks like hammered poo.
    Last edited by mdubs; 03-11-09 at 12:01 PM.
    03-11-09 11:41 AM
    No, highly doubt that would ever happen.
    03-11-09 11:57 AM
    It would be more likely that Apple would grab it for cherry picking features, or Google would just to bury it.
    03-11-09 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD