183 ... 678
tools
    It already has in some circles.
    Which circles would these be?
    06-04-14 02:56 PM
    Which circles would these be?
    Developers.
    06-04-14 06:27 PM
    I think it's a double edge sword. The runtime gave new and existing users at least a bandaid or an additional expanded option to switch or remain.

For devs, I simply think they don't care. It's all about future potential income for them. The runtime couldn't possibly be too bad if they'd simply port it over to bbw and slowly code a native version.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 10:58 PM
    Hmm... I fear that the sheer laziness of folk and their tendency to follow the easy path is being underestimated.

I don't see any native apps coming out of this.

In other news, another thread is highlighting that a Dev has withdrawn their native app, and replaced it with their android app. That's exactly the kind of laziness I'm talking about - clearly it's easier to maintain one (Android) app than two different code bases.
    JBB
    kbz1960 and Witmen like this.
    06-05-14 03:41 AM
    No. It's android powered by BlackBerry in a virtual machine on top of qnx kernel.
    So basically, BlackBerry is promoting android.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 04:36 AM
    disssagree.
    the truth is, alot of people i know don't like samsung, because of their touchwiz and ~nil updates. They never update their phones, and unless there's a good developer support, you'll be stuck with touchwiz.
    And who says Android=Samsung?
    I hope you are aware of HTC, Motorola, etc.
    And motorola is actually minting alot from their superb phones.
    And i hope blackberry releases atleast one, low range android device - forked if possible. Atleast Blackberry will know what people actually want- BB10 or Android.
    People want Blackberry because it's blackberry, and if there are 'optimized' android apps, then nothing can beat it. It'll be like 2007-8 all over again!
    i hope i'm not wrong.
    They never update their phones?????? Lol, what a load of BS! I've had the Galaxy S2, S3 and S4, each of them have had a minimum of at least 2 major OS updates.
    S2 had 2.3.4, 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 then got 4.0, 4.0.4 and then 4.1.2
    S3 had 4.0.4, 4.1.1, 4.1.2 (where it got many new features) and then leaped to 4.3
    S4 had 4.2.2, 4.3 and now 4.4.2 with 4.4.3 in testing.

If you haven't even a clue of what you're on about then please be quiet, you really have spewed a whole lot of nonsense, and yes Android=Samsung, thats what it is like to the average consumer, most people don't even know what Android is, they rushout and buy Samsungs in bucketloads as they see it as a good brand, and as the only real iPhone competitor.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-05-14 05:03 AM
    Hmm... I fear that the sheer laziness of folk and their tendency to follow the easy path is being underestimated.

I don't see any native apps coming out of this.

In other news, another thread is highlighting that a Dev has withdrawn their native app, and replaced it with their android app. That's exactly the kind of laziness I'm talking about - clearly it's easier to maintain one (Android) app than two different code bases.
    JBB
    You are referring to the Score's app. The original BB version was not written in cascades and was not very good. It had poor reviews in BB world. The score replaced it with the android port as it gave them a quick fix. But make no mistake, had the BB10 user base been as large as iOS, I guarantee you we would have seen a native cascades app regardless of the android runtime.
    06-05-14 07:17 AM
    Nn

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    06-06-14 01:23 AM
183 ... 678