I'm a big fan of the BlackBerry Podcasts app. I think I installed it the day it came out. When RIM released the app, they also started hosting a Podcast Catalog.

So anyway, I just got the update notification for BlackBerry version 1.6.0.8 a little bit ago. I go to look at the new features in App World. What do I see?

-The BlackBerry catalog of podcasts will no longer be available.
    -Upon upgrade you will no longer be able to search for or add podcasts from the BlackBerry catalog.
    -You can still add your own podcasts by searching the web and entering the podcast URL.
    It's sad to see the Podcast Catalog go. I guess their position is that it fits in with their new focus on the enterprise market, but I think this was something that didn't take much resources but added a tangible, useful benefit to the end-user.
    04-04-12 02:50 PM
    I've also used BlackBerry Podcasts since its introduction. It is disappointing that the catalog is no longer available.
    04-04-12 02:54 PM
    Does this mean the podcasts I'm subscribed to will no longer work? How will I go about subscribing to new podcasts also? I've only ever used bb podcasts and itunes before for my podcasts needs so I'm kind of confused.
    04-04-12 03:02 PM
    Does this mean the podcasts I'm subscribed to will no longer work? How will I go about subscribing to new podcasts also? I've only ever used bb podcasts and itunes before for my podcasts needs so I'm kind of confused.
    you can just add the url/rss for the podcast you want to list to.
    04-04-12 03:04 PM
    For BlackBerry you might try PodTrapper as an alternative podcast app. I've used it for years since OS5 and it continues to work well under OS7.
    04-04-12 11:32 PM
    I've "upgraded" my Podcast app on my Torch 9800 to 1.6.0.8, and even managed to find links for all podcasts that I was listening to, except for "Mobile Nations United" audio podcast. I have tried several different URLs including feed://feeds.feedburner.com/mobilenationsunited and the one mentioned in Rene's blog, but keep getting errors or "no feed information found".

Any helps please?

Thanks and bye, Dragan
    04-05-12 01:28 PM
    You do know you can use apploader or desktop manager to load the older version of blackberry podcast to get it working again, right?
    04-06-12 03:39 AM
    I do. Thanks. I've resolved my problem by subscribing to all individual podcasts that I have interest in. At least I don't need to download Zen and Tech for example. Dragan
    04-08-12 09:14 PM
    Im starting to like it now cause i get my pod cast on time and not 2 weeks late >.>
    04-09-12 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD