It's hard being a parent.

I have a little boy and most of the time, all I hear is, " Daddy, can I have this, Daddy can I have that."

In my heart, I know I cannot provide him with all he may want from life and that the best thing I have to offer him is my love and quality time.

What does this have to do with Blackberry? You may ask.

Well, I think that BlackBerry could do a better job at spending quality time with its children.

I think, BlackBerry could show its children that no matter what others may think of them, it has got its children's back and will support them through think and think, the kind of commitment shown by true real life parents.

BlackBerrys lost children, most notably the Playbook, were good, smart and obedient kids.

They did what their parents asked of them.

They trained hard.

The did good work and studied their Math and literacy classwork and homework with passion.

They went up against the bully.

They were proud to have the last name Berry.

Unfortunately, mum and dad were to busy to help them practice their battery cycle reps.

Dad was to busy meeting with carriers to help read over Playbooks home work or praise it's excellent class work.

The bully had lots of mean friends, and made fun of Play at every opportunity, deflating it's built up confidence.

It's a shame that our children face this harsh world alone a lot of the time, because we have prioritised what we think is best for them, instead of asking them, what is a priority for you? And then working together to bring about the most helpful and useful solutions for them.

I hope BlackBerrys future children will benefit from these life lessons and go forward into the uncertain future, knowing that their parents have got their back and will support them to the end.

If all goes well our children will one day return the sacrifice we make by laying the seeds of a prosperous future for us and the next generation to come.
    03-16-14 08:52 AM
    Are you kidding me?????

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 09:39 AM
    Have you been drinking?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-16-14 09:48 AM
    Oh my. This is great content.
    03-16-14 10:05 AM
    Lol! I don't think OP is really serious! Are you OP.? Or have you been hanging out at that Pizza Shop now famous for the Special ingredients?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:08 AM
    Thanks guys, your feedback is always welcome.
    03-16-14 10:08 AM
    Nice read

From Zarafet my Z30.
    03-16-14 10:22 AM
    Make this a book and I'd buy it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9220 using Tapatalk
    03-16-14 11:15 AM
    Keep going. This is gold!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 11:53 AM
    Emotional blackmail at its best... but I sympathize with all you PB owners...

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:22 PM
    Interesting perspective.

Z10
    03-16-14 01:58 PM
    Have you been drinking?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Its right up there with when Costa's posted an incoherent thread started - then raged at the few ( like me) who tried to agree/help him! Lol

Op, your analogy is rather nice in terms of sentiment, but rather ineffectual. Its unclear what your premise(s) are, and those that are there, are nonsensical.
    03-16-14 01:58 PM
    Oh my..

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.2102
    03-16-14 02:01 PM
    Its also the job of parents to say no to every brainfart and whim of their children since it would drive any parent insane.
    Fandoms in general are superficial, indecisive, and many times have the attention span of a 4year old.
    BlackBerry would have gone out of business years ago if they took ops post to heart.

Sentimental as it is this post is just that sentimental and of no value when running a multi billion dollar company.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 02:07 PM
    Fair analogy - but it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    03-16-14 02:30 PM
    Blackberry is a company, not a parent. You are their customer not their prodigy. Fact is how good of a customer is someone using a 3 year old tablet that they most probably bought at a huge discount?
    Last edited by co4nd; 03-16-14 at 03:06 PM.
    kbz1960 and bbq10l like this.
    03-16-14 02:44 PM
    Sure didn't take the usual haters long to jump on this one!
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    03-16-14 02:58 PM
    Sure didn't take the usual haters long to jump on this one!
    BBRY runs a business, not a goofily dysfunctional family peddling themselves for the bling on TV. By all accounts the Playbook just could not be made to work well and had already swallowed a lot of resources. You don't keep throwing more in for sentiment's sake. If you don't get the ROI from a device, you kill it. Good luck doing that with your deadbeat kid.

Anthropomorphizing mobile devices to such a degree just doesn't make a strong argument for anything.
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-16-14 03:18 PM
    By all accounts the Playbook just could not be made to work well and had already swallowed a lot of resources.
    The BlackBerry PlayBook worked very well after the update which brought BlackBerry Bridge to the tablet and smartphone. Unfortunately, the management team were immature parents wanting to act like teenagers. The mother drank alcohol throughout the pregnancy while eating a nutruient-deficient diet. The father took it upon himself to try to rid themselves of the growing entity within his wife by punching her and pushing her down stairs and into doors. When the birth event occurred they dropped their child on the doorstep of an orphanage and then went home. When friends and family asked about the baby the couple denied ever being pregnant. Eventually the wife admitted to dropping the baby at an orphanage hoping the baby would find a good home. The early adopters of the BlackBerry PlayBook were the prospective adoptees; some accepted the child in its cognitively-challenged state because the child brought joy to their lives. Others treated the black-haired child as though she was the "dreaded ginger." By the time the child was no longer a baby the damage inflicted by her biological material donors took its toil - she would forever more be institutionalised in the palliative care unit until death (battery could no longer be revived)...which the doctors expect by age five, maybe ten.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-17-14 07:03 AM
    ^^^Wow! That was just as weird as the OP.....^^^
    03-17-14 07:14 AM
    This can't be for real.

BB is a company. They don't care about you. They care about making profit. The end.
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-17-14 07:28 AM
    03-17-14 08:05 AM
    Uh, I started off thinking this was about BBRY and customers. After reading it all the way through, it sounded more like BBRY and its products. Not sure why folks are posting about a company and its customers when OP is writing about a company and its products. Seems a good read to me.
    03-17-14 09:31 AM
    Sonofabitch! I just sprayed my coffee everywhere!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    SmileDahling likes this.
    03-17-14 09:41 AM
    How dare you guys disrespect the op like that?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 09:46 AM
45 12