Yes, and what about having Blend on Linux!
    Blend for BB10 is already distributed for free for MacOsx and Windows platforms, no?
    So why not for Linux, apart from business consideration.
    02-09-18 03:06 PM
    I would love to see Blend for BlackBerry KEYone and others.
    Yes, and what about having Blend on Linux!
    Blend for BB10 is already distributed for free for MacOsx and Windows platforms, no?
    So why not for Linux, apart from business consideration.
    02-09-18 03:14 PM
    I use it everyday on my Dell Windows 10 Pro and my BlackBerry 10 devices. I would be lost without it.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-09-18 04:04 PM
    I think instead of Blend they should team up with Sentio Desktop devs to bring something like DeX.
    That would fit well with a company promoting productivity.
    02-09-18 04:14 PM
    If BB charged $20/month, they would be lucky to get 2000 paying users the first year. Assuming that was maintained the whole year, we're talking $480,000/year - enough to cover the costs of 2 developers.

I'd guess that it would take at least a 10 person team a year to make an Android Blend, and at least 5 to maintain it (at minimum, you need 1 person available 24/7/365).

And that should be enough to explain why it's not likely to happen.

I could also mention that, as a Chrome and Google Voice user, I've had many Blend functions for years and years already.
    02-09-18 05:12 PM
    There's people that won't pay the $5 for Android Launcher that imitates some BB10 features.....
    02-09-18 05:19 PM
    I think that's a no brainer. They are supposedly a productivity, securty, and software company now. There's hardly anything to differentiate them from any other Android other than the physical keyboard.

Give us something like a Samsung DEX, without the need for hardware addons. Give us a wireless desktop mode to our phones. Cradled is fine too. But wireless would really be convenient.

Ideally would be a combo of:
    -AirDroid (drag and drop file management, SMS/MMS, telco functions)
    -Lenovo Link connectivity (dock my phone and I get a windowed desktop version for app controls via keyboard/mouse)
    -DEX like (custom landscape view, not mirrored phone view, of our phone functions) but in a window so we don't need a dedicated workstation just to work with our phones.

Give buyers more of a reason to get a BlackBerry.
    Last edited by hjc73734; 02-09-18 at 05:57 PM.
    02-09-18 05:45 PM
    I think that's a no brainer. They are supposedly a productivity, securty, and software company now. There's hardly anything to differentiate them from any other Android other than the physical keyboard.

Give us something like a Samsung DEX, without the need for hardware addons. Give us a wireless desktop mode to our phones. Cradled is fine too. But wireless would really be convenient.

Give buyers more of a reason to get a BlackBerry.
    With Blend you can connect wireless to your Blackberry and desktop.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-09-18 05:53 PM
    With Blend you can connect wireless to your Blackberry and desktop.
    I'm refering to the Android version if they ever make one.

Used Blend with my Passport, it was great.
    02-09-18 06:04 PM
    I'm ordering a KEYone, how will I get data transferred from my BB Classic?
    02-09-18 06:08 PM
    I'm ordering a KEYone, how will I get data transferred from my BB Classic?
    try this ... go about half way down to transfer with your SD card..

https://crackberry.com/how-to-switch...ckberry-keyone
    02-09-18 07:17 PM
    Loved Blend and really miss it. I also really miss Betamax, Clearly Canadian Black Cherry, Zune MP3 Players, Burger Chef, LP's, Cinnamon Twizzlers, Reel to reel tape decks, Ford Thunderbird, home mail delivery, Miles Davis, free TV when show content exceeded commercial time, Muddy Waters, drive in movies, customer service, Pierre Trudeau, Keyboard Kindle, cash... 😁
    Last edited by SeeBeeEss; 02-09-18 at 08:08 PM.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    02-09-18 07:48 PM
    [QUOTE=SeeBeeEss;13135004]Loved Blend and really miss it. I also really miss ... Zune MP3 Players...[QUOTE]

You were probably kidding, but I miss my Zune too. It wasn't too amenable to being opened up when the hard drive died, and it remains the only device housing I have ever ruined to this day. No more Microsoft gadgets for me.

Still have a box of accessories somewhere...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    02-09-18 10:35 PM
    Well, it seems like a good idea... therefore BlackBerry won't make it happen.

I haven't dug too much into it yet but it looks like what it does is the desktop client set up a private little web server (nginx) and that serves your handsets stuff somehow. It sounds like a good idea based on a bunch existing technologies so technical issues probably aren't a big hurdle.
    02-09-18 11:31 PM
    Truth be told, I thoroughly enjoyed Blend on BB10 and wished they would have finished what they started. But for the most part, I only really used Blend for desktop access to BBM. However now, having moved on to Telegram and it having its own desktop client app, I've no need for Blend anymore. Again, too little too late for BlackBerry and Blend.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-10-18 12:13 AM
    Blend is a great feature and I'd be happy to have it on Android. I currently use it for texting with people while the phone is charging.
    02-10-18 01:11 AM
    I did not know that. How is that extension called ? I think you are referring to pushbullet isn't?
    No, although I've heard decent things about pushbullet. In your browser, go to its Extension section, and type in "whatsapp" or "hangouts" or "telegram". You'll see a lineup of extensions pop up, not 3rd party extensions, that you can add to your browser.
    02-10-18 03:21 AM
    The question is, how much will you pay for it on monthly subscription?
    Non blackberry owners already need to pay subscription if they want blackberry suite with no ads. Blend could be part of it. Additional reason to pay annual no ads subscription. Pushbullet is charging $30 or $40 a year to be able to get Pro version which unlocks unlimited text messages
    02-10-18 06:33 AM
    Non blackberry owners already need to pay subscription if they want blackberry suite with no ads. Blend could be part of it. Additional reason to pay annual no ads subscription. Pushbullet is charging $30 or $40 a year to be able to get Pro version which unlocks unlimited text messages
    The Pro version is $5/month or $40/year. Unless they bundle additional features, I don't see charging more than Pushbullet unless Blend offers additional features.
    02-10-18 08:22 AM
    I haven't read through all the responses here, so apologies if I'm repeating what's been said previously in this thread.

Personally, I think Blend was the best piece of kit released by BlackBerry, ever. I even liked it the way it was. Being able to respond to BBM and texts on my DAW while working was and still is a Godsend. I still use it every day and often wonder why BlackBerry dumped it so soon, surely simple maintenance updates wouldn't have been so hard to do?

Would love to see it on Android too (included in the BB Mobile device suite, optional on others), it may encourage me to get off my butt and get that Motion I've been promising myself for weeks!
    02-10-18 08:38 AM
    I really miss Blend and Link! Count me in as another YES vote .
    02-10-18 09:22 AM
    I was just thinking the other day, with how satisfied I am with the KeyOne and how close it is getting to providing a BB10 experience, the one thing I am missing is Blend. Was such a simple but functional program. I have an S7 which uses sidesync and it is more annoying that functional. Blend was perfect for what it was, and to me it really speaks to the state of Android that nobody has provided anything as good yet. It's kind of like how I still can't get the google assistant to read me my emails over Bluetooth in the car and allow me to send responses with my voice.
    02-10-18 10:03 AM
    I dunno what the probability would be of them being able to bring in third-party apps in a GOOD way but I'd sure love to see them try.
    It's good that with Android the burden is on BlackBerry to shove third party apps into Hub Services rather than the opposite; if they can mimic Hub on the desktop then that's most of the work sorted without having to convince third party developers to bend over backwards for them.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-10-18 10:10 AM
    Blend was awesome, used to use it all the time.

but then BB10 entered the dark years, and all my contacts dropped bbm.

standard text is the norm now, no need for a silly app anymore. MightyText app serves my PC needs now.
    02-10-18 10:19 AM
    I definitely would buy a BlackBerry branded android phone if BlackBerry add Blend to the table.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    02-10-18 01:31 PM
109 1234 ...