I would love to see Blend for BlackBerry KEYone and others. There is really no software like this in the app store. It would be great to get BBM, WhatsApp, Text Messages, Emails, Hub all in one place on PC.

It would be an additional reason to buy BlackBerry. It would be something that comes with BlackBerry phones for free and blackberry could add this to blackberry suite as part of a subscription or for those who do not want pay for subscription put ads on it as it is done now with the Hub.

This would be another good reason to buy / use BlackBerry android software

By the way BlackBerry. I love KEYone. It is my favorite BlackBerry phone to date. Keep up good work. I am looking forward to KEYtwo this year!
    02-08-18 05:21 PM
    I dunno what the probability would be of them being able to bring in third-party apps in a GOOD way but I'd sure love to see them try.
    stlabrat likes this.
    02-08-18 07:19 PM
    With Blackberry wanting everyone to convert over I don’t see what the hold up is with adding blend to the suite. I find blend highly useful.
    02-08-18 07:39 PM
    With Blackberry wanting everyone to convert over I don’t see what the hold up is with adding blend to the suite. I find blend highly useful.
    Well, you could start with the fact it was built for an entirely different system for one lol. That and the technologies Blend is based on have long since progressed since it was initially built. It would require a complete revamp. It's not as if it's just sitting somewhere waiting to be ported.

It would need to be updated, built out, tested and even then, it might not meet the same level. And the people working on Android-based apps at BlackBerry right now has got to be pretty small, core team.
    02-08-18 07:42 PM
    Blend would be amazing. I just don't see it happening.
    02-08-18 07:42 PM
    Well, you could start with the fact it was built for an entirely different system for one lol. That and the technologies Blend is based on have long since progressed since it was initially built. It would require a complete revamp. It's not as if it's just sitting somewhere waiting to be ported.

It would need to be updated, built out, tested and even then, it might not meet the same level. And the people working on Android-based apps at BlackBerry right now has got to be pretty small, core team.
    With all of the outsourcing being done I guess the app part of the software team would be small. They have to look to increasing there foothold on the android front though and that includes apps.
    02-08-18 07:49 PM
    Right now, Opera browser with almost every messenger extension, except bbm...the irony, is about as close to Blend as one could get. If you're a chrome, Firefox, etc., user, I'm sure there are similar features for those browsers.
    02-08-18 07:57 PM
    With all of the outsourcing being done I guess the app part of the software team would be small. They have to look to increasing there foothold on the android front though and that includes apps.
    Yeah and Blend would be a good way. It kind of died on the vine with BlackBerry 10 but I believe that was just because it WAS on BlackBerry 10. If it was on Android, it might attract more attention.
    bitek likes this.
    02-08-18 07:59 PM
    Right now, Opera browser with almost every messenger extension, except bbm...the irony, is about as close to Blend as one could get. If you're a chrome, Firefox, etc., user, I'm sure there are similar features for those browsers.
    They all 'come close' but there's always some stuff missing and just doesn't feel... cohesive. Like it all feels patched together. Not that that couldn't also happen in BB did it... but you know.. at least TRY lol.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-08-18 08:00 PM
    They all 'come close' but there's always some stuff missing and just doesn't feel... cohesive. Like it all feels patched together. Not that that couldn't also happen in BB did it... but you know.. at least TRY lol.
    Go to bed, yo! 😂😂😂
    02-08-18 08:06 PM
    Go to bed, yo! ������������������
    Are you calling me old? This guy... sheesh.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-08-18 08:07 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't have a clue as to what users want in terms of useful apps. They have the resources, but just don't want to allocate them to do useful Android things.

Instead they spend their time on a privacy shade or something else that very few people want or need. It's the same excuse they use every time "there are lots of other third party apps that you can download that can suit your needs". Uhh..no there aren't. If there were, your users wouldn't constantly be asking. For example: Blend and....a File Manager!!

I've already voiced this directly to BlackBerry whenever they call you to try and sell you something but it seems to fall on deaf ears. Did I miss the memo that everyone wanted a privacy shade and how it's burning up the charts on the Google Play Store that there's so much press about it and everyone's talking about it?? It's like the next Snapchat and everyone's using it. So much excitement about BlackBerry Android apps!!
    02-08-18 11:47 PM
    I did not know that. How is that extension called ? I think you are referring to pushbullet isn't?
    Last edited by bitek; 02-09-18 at 06:22 AM.
    02-09-18 02:18 AM
    For Samsung users there is SideSync. It's a highly useful utility that provides for remote use of your device. It's not Blend, it's not Dex, and it's not Continuum.... but it's a little bit of all three.

I imagine the road map for WhatsApp will include Blend like features eventually.
    02-09-18 12:08 PM
    a million times yes! Blend was one of the main reasons i took so long to jump ship from my Passport to the KEYone.

Dell is coming out with it for Android and their Computers, BB should too!
    02-09-18 12:25 PM
    BlackBerry *should* have an advantage since they already have done half of the legwork by assembling the Hub for Android and have the framework from the original Blend for BB10...

It's quite honestly a heavy one on the list of pros and cons of making the jump to Android. I know it's only a minority of us who have yet to make the switch but there are some features (like Blend) that outweigh what we would gain by leaving BB10 for another OS.

Someone mentioned in another thread pertaining to BBM that if there were a paid solution, we could use that. Well, I personally would pay for Blend, whether on a BlackBerry device or not. I view it as an extremely valuable tool that begs to exist in some form. If BlackBerry doesn't do it, someone else will. (But BlackBerry SHOULD do it because it's one of the most useful 'apps' they've ever made and showcases their value in software for productivity, as well as their ability in connecting and securing those 'endpoints' that JC loves to boast how BlackBerry is all about now)
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-09-18 12:37 PM
    It would be good, but I expect it won't happen..
    02-09-18 01:01 PM
    I would most definitely LOVE to see Blend on Android.
    It's one the best implemented software I have ever used.
    Like @Bla1ze said, it was stitched together real nice. It worked.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-18 01:05 PM
    I miss the ability to see who's calling, send text messages and emails from my desktop without having to pick up my phone. And to be able to back-up my entire phone.
    02-09-18 01:10 PM
    BLEND would have been great.... and of all the Suite of Apps, probable the one that would have made it really stand out. But how many users are paying for a subscription? How many users would buy a BlackBerry just to have these feature?

We don't know, but BlackBerry asked those questions of themselves... and they decided that it wouldn't be enough to cover the cost.... for now.

In the end BlackBerry is "investing" into Android what they can get out of it. If BBMo starts selling millions of phone, they'll invest more.
    02-09-18 01:42 PM
    BLEND would have been great.... and of all the Suite of Apps, probable the one that would have made it really stand out. But how many users are paying for a subscription? How many users would buy a BlackBerry just to have these feature?

We don't know, but BlackBerry asked those questions of themselves... and they decided that it wouldn't be enough to cover the cost.... for now.

In the end BlackBerry is "investing" into Android what they can get out of it. If BBMo starts selling millions of phone, they'll invest more.
    Sounds like they might be putting their cart before the chicken...
    02-09-18 01:47 PM
    I created an account so I could say, YES ... absolutely!!!! Blend is the only thing that keeps my passport connected to my laptop. Life would be complete with an Android Blend
    02-09-18 02:01 PM
    I created an account so I could say, YES ... absolutely!!!! Blend is the only thing that keeps my passport connected to my laptop. Life would be complete with an Android Blend
    Welcome aboard....

There is no doubt that BlackBerry had some very good ideas for BB10...
    02-09-18 02:25 PM
    I eally like to see Blend back on my laptop and I also like to see that BlackBerry HUB will be integratd in the launcher with a swipe
    02-09-18 02:35 PM
    The question is, how much will you pay for it on monthly subscription?
    02-09-18 02:36 PM
109 123 ...