So, I'm walking around the action at the Rio in Las Vegas, waiting for my tournament to start, when I bump into a dealer friend of mine from Colorado...In his tray, I notice what looks to be like a Playbook and ask for a closer look.

Sure thing, it is! And it's running some sort of custom software which tracks and reports player movement, chip counts, and whatnot for an event once it reaches the 'money' stage. The dealers capture the info, as action happens at their table (as players bust, and during breaks), which is then uploaded and reported to WSOP.com - pretty slick!
    They said eventually, the reporting would be automatically attached to a player's social media accounts, if they provide that info...

I eventually track down a representative from the company, ChipTic, and start asking questions...apparently, they opted for the PB because it was easy enough to write the software for, and they were priced right.

I couldn't really get any more details on the future of this, but it was interesting, nonetheless...

I'm here for another couple days, and may be able to get answers to specific questions if anyone has anything they want me to ask.
    06-25-12 02:49 AM
    Its good to see them out in public and more so as a work tool.

Thanks OP.
    06-25-12 04:10 AM
    Very nice. Great seeing this amidst the doom and gloom that's sprouted today.
    06-25-12 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD