Hey I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me, my 64GB blackberry play book won't turn on. Stupidly I let my battery completely drain as I'm new to having a playbook and was unaware of the whole charging method. Since then my PB wont switch on or charge! Every time I plug the PB in to charge a solid red light appears for about 15 seconds sometimes followed by a blinking yellow light. I have tried holding down the power button for 15 seconds / 30 seconds and again nothing happens but a solid red light. I have also tried holding both volume buttons and the power button down at the same time for 30 seconds but again nothing. Sometimes when I hold the volume button the empty battery icon appears on the screen with the lightening bold through it which would normally symbolise charging but in this case it disappears followed by an orange light and doesn't seem to charge. I have tried leaving the PB plugged in for hours after to see if that works but it doesn't. I have also tried to stack charge the PB as I read the only time the PB is charging is when the solid red light is showing but again nothing. Sometimes the blackberry playbook starts to load up with the changing colour screen for what seems like ages and then the screen cuts off and goes black followed by a solid red light. Finally I have also tried to update the PB by plugging it into the computer onto blackberry desktop where it comes up with an error message and finds an OS update I have accepted the update my PB then has a solid green light whilst this update is being installed after about an hour a message appears on my screen saying I have to enter a password on my device but obviously my device doesn't turn on to allow me to do so so i have to exit the update. I honestly don't know what else to do, can someone please help! Thanks
    01-14-13 04:27 PM
    Leave it plugged in for at least an hour. And have you tried contacting RIM support? They are normally pretty good.
    01-14-13 04:34 PM
    think you need to plug it in for a while.
    this happened to a friend, and then all of a sudden all was well again with it
    01-14-13 04:35 PM
    First welcome and your wall run together text is hard to read.

Second
    Every time I plug the PB in to charge a solid red light appears for about 15 seconds sometimes followed by a blinking yellow light
    This is what mine does when it's off and charging, leave it charge for a 3 hours or so.

You have tried everything it sounds like so call RIM. How long have you had it? Take it back for exchange. You've held the power button for 20 seconds or so and you only just tap it to turn it on? Have you tried a pen or toothpick on the power button?
    01-14-13 04:40 PM
    I spent 7 hours trying various stack charging methods to get one of my playbooks revived. good luck
    01-14-13 04:44 PM
    I think you've done everything in this forum but just in case you might review:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...charge-761423/

Or here

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...arging-732318/

Good Luck
    Last edited by jimpilot; 01-14-13 at 04:58 PM.
    01-14-13 04:46 PM
    If links provided by jimpilot don't do the trick ...

I had a similar problem with my dev Alpha.
    You might try the strange method that made it live again.

1/ Plug your PB on the wall charger, wait approx 1minute then unplug, wait 30 sec
    2/ repeat 1/ 10 times (I believe the goal here is to inject a minimal amount of energy)
    3/ Start Desktop Manager on your Desktop, wait until it's fully loaded
    4/ Plug your PB to desktop via USB
    * at this point, my DA started to boot, I saw the Blackberry10 logo, then ran out of power -> black screen (but I believe DM did a "state reset" or such) *
    5/ Plug again in wall charger.
    *That's when my DA came back to life - Booting full*
    6/ Let it charge a full night.

Let us know
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-15-13 at 03:42 AM.
    01-14-13 06:03 PM