Got mine at a good price, 32GB for $130 all in. I can't help myself and ask, just what else do you want a tablet to do ? My PB surfs the web, gets email, has a calendar, weather, news and games.

I hear all the complaints as to how bad it is, I'm always confused as to why exactly ??
    08-15-13 03:18 PM
    I just sold my used but mint 10/10 Playbook 16gb wifi model, yesterday for $100 on local Craigslist. Had a bunch of replies to the ad. Sold in one day.
    08-16-13 12:45 AM
    Got mine at a good price, 32GB for $130 all in. I can't help myself and ask, just what else do you want a tablet to do ? My PB surfs the web, gets email, has a calendar, weather, news and games.

I hear all the complaints as to how bad it is, I'm always confused as to why exactly ??
    search around the forum. you will know. if you are fine with just web, email, calendar, weather, news and games you can basically get any tablet, why playbook? there are android tablets or a touchpad for like 90. why pay more?

this reminds me of ppl saying all you need a phone to do is make a phone call. then get a flipphone for 10dollar instead of a 600 dollar z10.
    rnhld and bekkay like this.
    08-16-13 09:43 AM
    [QUOTE=z10fido;9014684]The playbook still looks good. I say buy a few and keep them as coasters to put your z10 on at the office or coffee table etc. Someone should make a reverse charge system so when your z10/q10 battery runs low you can juice it up with the playbook. Perhaps use that mag port that never functioned. Juicebook!

Maybe you should get a charging port for your puny brain. You do with an infusion of brain cells.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 11:27 PM
    [QUOTE=sigint99;9027968]
    The playbook still looks good. I say buy a few and keep them as coasters to put your z10 on at the office or coffee table etc. Someone should make a reverse charge system so when your z10/q10 battery runs low you can juice it up with the playbook. Perhaps use that mag port that never functioned. Juicebook!
    Maybe you should get a charging port for your puny brain.
    08-17-13 11:28 PM

In my opinion, many other tablets so that stuff better. It takes almost 7 secondsfor my PlayBook to open the email app and while the browser is better than any BBOS device, it's still very lackluster. Between the checker boarding and random crashing, it makes for a mediocre experience for me
    Last edited by Rello; 08-20-13 at 02:14 PM.
    08-18-13 03:17 AM
    [QUOTE=sigint99;9027972]

Maybe you should get a charging port for your puny brain.
    Says the guy who can't even quote me properly.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 12:15 PM
    Perhaps use that mag port that never functioned.
    You don't mean the Playbook mag port, do you? Mine worked nicely.
    08-18-13 12:25 PM
    In your opinion of course.

I'm still using it as my laptop replacement for my office docs, Web surfing, taking HD photos and video, video chatting with family and friends, gaming and huge storage for my movies and music with great stereo audio.

It's 64GB too.

It'll be an excellent deal when you can put BB10 on it!

Until there, it is an obsolete two+ year old tablet with limited apps.

PT Barnum was right.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 08:02 AM
    In my opinion, many other tablets so that stuff better. It takes almost 7 minutes for my PlayBook to open the email app and while the browser is better than any BBOS device, it's still very lackluster. Between the checker boarding and random crashing, it makes for a mediocre experience for me
    You must have meant 7 seconds to open the email app. Try the free OrigamiBrowser and your experience will improve. Fast Browser is pretty good too.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 08:26 AM
    You must have meant 7 seconds to open the email app. Try the free OrigamiBrowser and your experience will improve. Fast Browser is pretty good too.

Posted via CB10
    Lol yes I did. Thanks I corrected my original post. Honestly since getting my Z10, I just don't even want to use my PlayBook. Z10 just does everything better. Just my opinion though.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 02:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don't think it is just the Browser, seems to be more of a memory issue with drawing PDF files and image heavy webpages. It's strange because most games I tried perform really well, but try opening a 300MB PDF file with a drawing on it and you will pull your hair out zooming in and moving around the image.

The PlayBook is 2.5 years old... it is fine for some things, but you are better off buying a $100 "ASUS ME172 7" 32GB" Tablet.
    08-20-13 03:16 PM
37 12