did anyone go through Blackberry's Brand Guidelines book? amazingly, the guide was published in 2009 and has a picture of BlackBerry PlayBook's Leather case. I've written an article on this! take a look

Which was planned first? BlackBerry Playbook or Apple iPad? | BlackBerry India

i think RIM wasnt assure with OS. this made them pause i guess
    Last edited by shahriyar; 02-24-11 at 06:36 PM.
    02-24-11 06:32 PM
    You've got to be kidding right?

This (and the article) are way beyond speculative.
    02-24-11 07:10 PM
    That shows no proof about a PlayBook. All I see is a leather case and nothing more.
    02-24-11 07:34 PM
    we have been tricked! i want my proof damnit!
    02-24-11 07:38 PM
    So now we're using announcement dates as indicators of when development started?
    02-24-11 11:08 PM
    And even if this wild story is true, it only makes RIM look worse by failing to bring a tablet to market in the time Apple releases two generations of the iPad. So take your pick . . .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 11:24 PM
    Video of a time traveller using a cell phone in the 1920's (with proof)...
    Last edited by Jake Storm; 02-25-11 at 12:24 AM.
    02-25-11 12:21 AM
    hahaha. i said assembled and explained they may waited for perfect OS. In july 2010 RIM ordered 7" screens. OMAP4430were already released. I think RIM initially started to build their own OSbut later acquired flash. That's possible observing OS layout
    02-25-11 02:43 AM
    So Apple released 2 iPads before the first Playbook yet the PlayBook was announced and assembled first? Jeez, that takes procrastination to a whole new level!
    02-25-11 03:05 AM
    So Apple released 2 iPads before the first Playbook yet the PlayBook was announced and assembled first? Jeez, that takes procrastination to a whole new level!
    no it wasnt announced first just assuming to be assembled. RIM maybe slow but never disappointed me. more over, i cant wait for all lined up 2011 devices.
    02-25-11 03:15 AM
    Do you SERIOUSLY believe either company only began development just before announcing it? Yeah, RIM was probably developing in 2009. When do you think Apple began final developing? 2009....concepts and prototypes around 2008...RIM possibly the same. Who knows...
    Really, so what?!?

02-25-11 03:56 AM
    Do you SERIOUSLY believe either company only began development just before announcing it?

i believe RIM ALREADY assembled playbook. we're pointing the case here which is indeed built after the device itself. yeah Apple too have started in 2008 and somewhere it was written about tablets by apple that they postponed releasing to complete their goals in cell phones. the point here is, RIM had playbook built since a long time with hardware ready to show down. i only think the delay was choosing the UI and finally they went for QNX. just spreading the info
    Last edited by shahriyar; 02-25-11 at 04:27 AM.
    02-25-11 04:22 AM
    The playbook we will get is v3...imo

First was planed with the same os Storm 3 should get... Failed as Storm 3 did...

V2 was with single core qnx... Should be announced @ces and ready for Dec 2010 ... Failed again ...

@ces they had to announce something... Announced PlayBook v2+

V3... Ready now

02-25-11 05:36 AM
    And even if this wild story is true, it only makes RIM look worse by failing to bring a tablet to market in the time Apple releases two generations of the iPad. So take your pick . . .

Ok RIM looks bad I said it. Are they going to fall to pieces because I said it?

02-25-11 06:49 AM
    This is such a non-issue. Let them release a finished product when it's ready, and not half-baked like the Xoom.
    SUCH a non-issue.

02-25-11 07:21 AM
    I've also heard RIM has an area in Waterloo much like Area 51..where they are working on alien cellphone technology..

As has been said..most companies have development teams who are all constantly working on things..some good..some bad. Most will probably never see the light of day..whereas others are probably waiting on better technology before being developed further. Look at Jobs..he once claimed he'd never get into the cellphone business..yet was obviously working on their phone long before it dropped to the mainstream (he also said this about pads/tablets). All companies do it..no big deal.
    02-25-11 08:11 AM
    ipad development was definitly more than a few days..
    02-25-11 08:12 AM
    Looks more like notebook case to me, as in pen and paper. Like a freebie to give out at a conference.
    02-25-11 09:49 AM
    Looks more like notebook case to me, as in pen and paper. Like a freebie to give out at a conference.
    Actually it looks exactly like a Playbook case coming out:

02-25-11 10:13 AM
    ahahahahahahahahahaha just stop, please stop.

The iPad was brewing well before the Playbook. The iPad which was known as the Safari Pad was in development before even the iPhone came out. The Safari Pad is what actually paved the way for the iPhone.

The Safari Pad was rumored to be brewing since 05
    02-25-11 12:29 PM

The iPad was brewing well before the Playbook. The iPad which was known as the Safari Pad was in development before even the iPhone came out. The Safari Pad is what actually paved the way for the iPhone.

The Safari Pad was rumored to be brewing since 05
    Link please or else your post is as much hubris as the rest of the thread.

02-25-11 12:39 PM
    just google safari pad, its no secret
    02-25-11 12:44 PM
    stop. was just sharing the bloody envelop haha
    Last edited by shahriyar; 02-25-11 at 04:56 PM.
    02-25-11 01:00 PM
    just google safari pad, its no secret
    Righto, but it still doesn't answer the question if RIM has had this in under wraps but decided to delay the launch. There is no question ipad was out the door first....
    02-25-11 01:29 PM
    Yeah...its a million $ question (to me)

02-25-11 01:32 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD