And so is every other tablet out there. Your comment is about as useful as saying all candybar phones look like iPhones.

There are only so many ways to innovate the candybar, rectangular style of tablets and touchscreen mobile phones. Until someone takes a chance with a new design (spherical or elliptical, maybe?) all these things will essentially be clones of each other.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    My point was that it's simply an iPad with a BlackBerry 10 screen shopped in. No effort.

You took my comment out of context.

And it's only 2014, innovation has a long way to go. There's plenty of designs that aren't copies. Of course a rectangle is going to look like a rectangle. It's the execution that counts. Thanks for stating the blatantly obvious.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 12:57 PM
    I'm sold.
    Like the design and specs especially the 4 speakers and 2 jacks.

Posted via CB10
    4 speakers and 2 Jacks and 2 mics would just be overkill and would add extra dollars to the price. Having 2 really good speakers with some kind of simulated surround sound would do the trick for me....also, i wouldn't go past 8 inches. the proof is in the pudding, mini ipads are currently selling faster than regular ipads...

also, what's the point of being able to run 16 apps at once? who would actually have a need to do so? Again, that capability would add to the price of the unit. I think 4 tops is good enough... as it stands, that concept unit would run over $1000 putting it dead in the water.... they just need to come out with something that is better than the rest for under $300 to make people take notice...and not name it playbook.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 12:48 PM
    Very nice! I'd like to see that happen.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 10:46 PM
    "Companion" device is my preference - access BB10 phone contacts/calendar et al.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 05:36 PM
    Only if their handset business stabilizes. Otherwise it's just a fantasy.

Posted via CB10
    True there handset business needs to pick up but fantasy no its not since it was Blackberrys own reps who replied when asked about the future of a PlayBook resurrection.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 11:38 PM
    True there handset business needs to pick up but fantasy no its not since it was Blackberrys own reps who replied when asked about the future of a PlayBook resurrection.

Posted via CB10
    http://crackberry.com/why-tablets-ar...berrys-roadmap

There are many people (like yourself) who believe that BlackBerry is going to create another tablet, despite them saying they have no interest.

It is pure fantasy. Perhaps you need to understand further what the word 'Fantasy' means.

It is improbable that BlackBerry will rectify a BlackBerry tablet before stabilizing the handset market. Until that time, a PlayBook is not on the table, and is hence fantasy. There is no debate about it.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 12:02 AM
    Let me make one thing clear, if an official BlackBerry employee in public and during an interview says there working on a new PlayBook for release in 2015 then it's not a fantasy end of story.

On the other hand if another official BlackBerry employee says no we are not working a new PlayBook device at the same event, then there's a problem in communications that BlackBerry as a company needs to rectify ASAP.

This would not be a new problem for BlackBerry as it's clear that BlackBerry has internal problems in coordinating resource and communications.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 02:47 AM
    Let me make one thing clear, if an official BlackBerry employee in public and during an interview says there working on a new PlayBook for release in 2015 then it's not a fantasy end of story.

On the other hand if another official BlackBerry employee says no we are not working a new PlayBook device at the same event, then there's a problem in communications that BlackBerry as a company needs to rectify ASAP.

This would not be a new problem for BlackBerry as it's clear that BlackBerry has internal problems in coordinating resource and communications.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure it's safer to trust the CEO over an employee. You clearly can't comprehend what I had stated to on reference to it not being a possibility for a few years. It's cool, you've got your opinion, I've got mine. Let's end it there.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 03:30 AM
    Reading some of these comments make me think that some of you actually think this is an original design and not just an iPad with BB photoshopped all over it? I wonder how many people will try to back peddle after realizing they just applauded Apple on their tablet designs lol.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    04-27-14 03:37 AM
    http://crackberry.com/why-tablets-ar...berrys-roadmap

There are many people (like yourself) who believe that BlackBerry is going to create another tablet, despite them saying they have no interest.

It is pure fantasy. Perhaps you need to understand further what the word 'Fantasy' means.

It is improbable that BlackBerry will rectify a BlackBerry tablet before stabilizing the handset market. Until that time, a PlayBook is not on the table, and is hence fantasy. There is no debate about it.

Posted via CB10
    That link you posted proves nothing as it is only an opinion piece from someone waaay outside of blackberry... truth is, if they have the proper resources and ingenuity then it would not hurt them to try again. Tablets are out selling pc's these days and if blackberry can build a better mouse trap, they will. Regardless if their handheld division isn't where they want it to be right now.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 01:56 PM
    Really nice, I would definitely buy this!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 02:03 PM
    Outstanding work...email the Developers at "[email protected]"... PLEASE
    04-29-14 10:25 AM
    Definitely love the design. Having the apps in the bottom half is a pretty cool idea aswell. I think you could even start to push the concept further by being able to run multiple apps at once on the same screen, so it starts becoming more like a soft desktop os than a table os. Hope Mr Cheng is paying attention to how much BB fans want another table (or even a pc)

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 10:50 AM
    This is perfect for the Medical profession.

With BlackBerry investing in health care. They would be crying out for the
    Next Generation PlayBook 2 complete with PC docking station.

Better still NFC enabled docking station.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    05-03-14 05:17 AM
    Im not a huge fan of ten inch tablets. They are nice for some media, but two handed, and less portable. I'm not likely the small bevels either, as that would make handling it even harder. I'd like expansion to 128gb, but if it is, you don't really need internal 32gb. In fact I wonder why they even have internal memory sometimes, as micro sd, can usually go much faster than the internal allows. What might be better is no internal memory and two up to 128gb micro sd slots? HDMI is a nice feature to have.

I wonder sometimes if consumer demand doesn't focus on the wrong specs for some other things - like rather than more ram, what about faster ram. Rather than more internal storage what about some UHS-1 or higher. Ive seen chinese stuff with eight core cpu, even though no one has coded for it eight core on smart devices (it needs to be coded for, otherwise its just for multi-tasking).

Id quite like to see tablets have a faster bigger cache system, but I am not sure what memory media would last the distance....probably only SSD. And SSD would be great to see more of in tablets, even 8gb of it, it would hugely improve speeds (its faster than nand, and lasts longer)

I like the look of your device, but some of the features like four microphones and two sound outputs seem much less practical. Four microphones might be good for speech recognition though (or two, lol), as dual front cameras would be for gesture recognition. I cant imagine any application for two sound outputs though.
    Last edited by Jamie Brahm; 05-03-14 at 06:11 AM.
    05-03-14 05:42 AM
    for once, something appears to be pretty stylish around here.
    Don't It
    It's LUSH and I would marry one
    03-10-15 11:00 PM
    This is what BlackBerry is capable of; design/style, durability and a Master Peice for all Occasions, work or play.
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    03-10-15 11:07 PM
    Agreed 100%.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    03-10-15 11:15 PM
    Because I had to upgrade quickly, open a new contract and because I can't afford to buy outright our new devices. I got an iPhone 6, basically for it's OS storage space.

Then finding out about a possible PB2, made me look to see if there were any vids. And I came across this:

I almost wet myself laughing, because some of the maneuvers on the PB1, still can't be exploited on the iPhone 6
    I mean, come-on Apple.
    So many years later and your mobile can't multitask.
    Well, the BB Z10 can
    03-11-15 12:40 AM
    The tablet itself is meh. But the modification to the UI would be a great change. Active frames and icons on the same screen would make everything considerably more efficient than any other tablet OS. Great idea.

The option for large, information rich active frames is also important in a tablet experience on the other hand.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    03-18-15 09:24 AM
    Looks great !!Why not go a little bigger ,let's say the legal size of a piece of paper,then one only has to place a sheet on the screen and transmit it anywhere.8 1/2 x 11
    That would be Letter Size. (8 1/2x11")
    Legal size is 8 1/2 x 14".
    jtv1 likes this.
    03-18-15 09:39 AM
    Not a big fan of square design though.
    03-28-15 10:44 AM
    I like it!

nt300 and itmnetcom like this.
    03-28-15 10:50 AM
    I would buy one in a second. Love the OP rendition.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    03-30-15 03:41 PM
    Playbook was always a great name but unfortunately the name now is synonymous with failure and forgotten dreams.

Since its such a great name I think they should keep 'playbook' but instead of Playbook II/Playbook 2 they should follow Apple's naming and call in 'the New Playbook' which suggests reinvented and a fresh focus.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 12:52 PM
170 ... 4567