Sweet jesus!!

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    03-11-14 11:09 PM
    I really don't know why ppl need tablets. It's your phone but bigger. I dunno. I don't get it. I had an ipad awhile back n never used it :s Meh.
    Same happening to me, I am not getting the tablet thing yet. Everything I need is in my phone and not all apps are tablet-available. I got the LG GPAD pro and it's next to my bed most of the time for some e-reading before bed :-|

Powered by Blackberry
    velkod likes this.
    03-12-14 05:04 AM
    Assuming at minimum it would have Z30 features (miracast, DLNA, USB Host, etc.)

Projection display and keyboard
    Panoramic Camera
    Full size USB port
    03-12-14 08:53 AM
    Full size USB port
    ^^^This is a must now that it's been said.

It's starting to sound like the Dell Venue 8 Pro that I picked up a few weeks ago the more comments I read (even though it doesn't have Full sized USB). By that I mean, a FULL PC.

Posted with my CB10 using the power of " Q "
    03-12-14 09:06 AM
    Yeah I'd buy it, great work on this concept OP. While I doubt there will ever be a PlayBook II I'm sure most of us felt that way about the now infamous tool belt being revived on a new BB10 device, which I'm very happy about. So I suppose it's possible; if Chen sees a business reason to do so it will happen. I do believe Chen is a solid business man who either has a hand held product strategy already or is in the process of nailing one down so we'll see. In the mean time I'll happily continue to use either of my PB 64s.
    03-12-14 10:54 AM
    I think it should be called "PlayBook X". I think there's a certain defiance in calling it a PlayBook, because in my opinion the original PlayBook was an excellent device with an excellent OS marketed VERY badly: The key complaint is STILL lack of apps, and the red-herring about not having native email is a side effect of the TERRIBLE TERRIBLE mis-positioning and terrible marketing of the original PlayBook.

Anyone who would ridicule / disregard it because it's called "PlayBook" would ridicule ANYTHING with the BlackBerry name on it. Give them the name "PlayBook X" and the headlines will read "PlayBook: WHY?" and like anyone that would consider a BlackBerry tablet actually gives an eff what headline BGR or Engadget or C|Net come up in their preschool brainstorming session.

When you think of what a playbook is, it's how a team works together and gets things done and WINS, so I think PlayBook is an apt name (if sports metaphors are your thing... if "arts" metaphors are your thing, maybe they should change it to PlayBill :-) )

Must have Features for me though would have to be:
    - 128 Gb MicroSD slots.
    You know, if it had two or more MicroSD slots, that might be useful... certainly a unique feature and great for transferring or aggregating lots of files without having to "fall back" on WiFi / Bluetooth file transfers: I'm thinking of a team of people working together away from the office working on their handhelds then coming together to put reports together by handing over their SD cards for one user to combine on a PlayBook X
    - Backwards compatibility with my Playbook 1 Rapid charger
    I didn't think of this, but yes, I would want that too: I have 5 PlayBook rapid stands / chargers and another bonus for us loyal BlackBerry-ans would be that these bargain priced accessories would have new life.

The most significant thing that the PlayBook X should be: properly marketed as a COMPANION for BlackBerry devices used in secure environments, with secure communication between BES-managed devices on a single VPN and secure communications between a BlackBerry handheld and the PlayBook: SUPER MISSION CRITICAL security that can not be compromised by the NSA.

It's not a general-purpose tablet. It's a BlackBerry companion device. Not a high-volume mass-market consumer device, but a fully loaded to the t*ts device for serious security and productivity.
    03-12-14 12:59 PM
    It was a great piece of hardware, but as a tablet, it wasn't nearly as user-friendly as the iPad.

If nothing else, they have GOT to do something about how long it takes a Playbook to boot up.

I think it should be called "PlayBook X". I think there's a certain defiance in calling it a PlayBook, because in my opinion the original PlayBook was an excellent device with an excellent OS marketed VERY badly: The key complaint is STILL lack of apps, and the red-herring about not having native email is a side effect of the TERRIBLE TERRIBLE mis-positioning and terrible marketing of the original PlayBook.

Anyone who would ridicule / disregard it because it's called "PlayBook" would ridicule ANYTHING with the BlackBerry name on it. Give them the name "PlayBook X" and the headlines will read "PlayBook: WHY?" and like anyone that would consider a BlackBerry tablet actually gives an eff what headline BGR or Engadget or C|Net come up in their preschool brainstorming session.

When you think of what a PlayBook is, it's how a team works together and gets things done and WINS, so I think PlayBook is an apt name (if sports metaphors are your thing... if "arts" metaphors are your thing, maybe they should change it to PlayBill :-) )

You know, if it had two or more MicroSD slots, that might be useful... certainly a unique feature and great for transferring or aggregating lots of files without having to "fall back" on WiFi / Bluetooth file transfers: I'm thinking of a team of people working together away from the office working on their handhelds then coming together to put reports together by handing over their SD cards for one user to combine on a PlayBook X

I didn't think of this, but yes, I would want that too: I have 5 PlayBook rapid stands / chargers and another bonus for us loyal BlackBerry-ans would be that these bargain priced accessories would have new life.
    03-12-14 01:06 PM
    I'd grab that one as soon as possible. Only time can tell. )

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 01:24 PM
    well i have a novo spark 2 with a 13000mah battery
    Hi, can you tell me your experience with the Novo 2? Its available to buy in the UK for a really good price, �132/$210USD/�150, and I'm just wondering about the build quality and reliability. I was going to by an Archos 97b Platinum which the Novo 2 is based on.
    03-12-14 02:00 PM
    Hi, can you tell me your experience with the Novo 2? Its available to buy in the UK for a really good price, �132/$210USD/�150, and I'm just wondering about the build quality and reliability. I was going to by an Archos 97b Platinum which the Novo 2 is based on.
    Sure thing, it's a really good tablet imo, lasts for days on standby if you go into the settings and turn off wifi on during sleep. The screen is stunning way better than my iPad 2 and my friends iPad air, high resolution and 180 degree viewing angles. Never laggs on me and has its own Netflix app that works well and Netflix is known to work badly on Chinese tablets usually.
    Build quality is great, it's got a metal back and a glass front that has a screen protector preinstalled which I wouldn't remove if ur bad at applying them like I am and u can't tell it's there really either. As soon as you get it click on owl upgrade and update to the latest firmware as it gives a larger app partition (the tablets only downfall is a 1gb app partition so u need to move apps to internal storage via titanium backup when u run out of space)
    If you want to know more just pm me as I don't want to hijack the thread lol

Ninja Swyped by my Jiayu G3S via Tapatalk 4
    03-12-14 02:11 PM
    BB sucks. It cannot keep its promise. I bought BB playbook. I had hoped to get major OS update, but never happened. Very disappointed. Swear not to buy any product from BB no matter what. I wish you guys good luck if you want to buy playbook2.
    03-12-14 04:05 PM
    If you want to know more just pm me as I don't want to hijack the thread lol

No, I think I've heard enough thank you. I am pretty sure I'll go for that
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    03-13-14 07:29 AM
    Great first post, DG3.
    I think it's pretty clear that BlackBerry under the new management is not simply a continuation of the old ways of doing business. One thing that's very clear is that they are oriented toward making quick decisions, and getting things done. Also, communication seems to be better.
    Additionally, I think that the decision to take the company off of the market probably did everyone a lot of good. Now there's much less of a cloud of uncertainty that competitors can take advantage of through the media.
    I haven't jumped back on board yet and bought myself a new BlackBerry, but I'm definitely leaning that way if things continue the way they seem to be heading.
    I have to wonder though, if you have sworn not to ever buy another BlackBerry product again, what's your reason for trolling this forum?

BB sucks. It cannot keep its promise. I bought BB playbook. I had hoped to get major OS update, but never happened. Very disappointed. Swear not to buy any product from BB no matter what. I wish you guys good luck if you want to buy playbook2.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-13-14 09:19 AM
    OWNED.

Great first post, DG3.
    I think it's pretty clear that BlackBerry under the new management is not simply a continuation of the old ways of doing business. One thing that's very clear is that they are oriented toward making quick decisions, and getting things done. Also, communication seems to be better.
    Additionally, I think that the decision to take the company off of the market probably did everyone a lot of good. Now there's much less of a cloud of uncertainty that competitors can take advantage of through the media.
    I haven't jumped back on board yet and bought myself a new BlackBerry, but I'm definitely leaning that way if things continue the way they seem to be heading.
    I have to wonder though, if you have sworn not to ever buy another BlackBerry product again, what's your reason for trolling this forum?
    03-13-14 02:57 PM
    I DIG the design!

In my experience with the Playbook, I feel that the MicroHDMI, Charger/USB ports need to be reinforced so they are solid. The one I had felt sort of flimsy (for lack of better words) and seems that way with at least 4 other Playbooks that I got my hands on. I'm not sure if that's the way it was designed. Even with my Q10 I dont feel that the USB/Charger and MicroHDMI ports are solid in comparison to other phones/devices.

If your not clear on what I'm saying, compare putting your headphones into your headphone jack to putting your charger/MicroHDMI cable into their respective ports.

Also, I think a physical "quick launch button" on the playbook would be ideal (for the camera app or some other frequently used app).

Someone mentioned a Camera Light.

And my own personal touch, a silver or white alternative and very light components to make it superlight in comparison to the original playbook.
    Last edited by halexandertor; 03-13-14 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Sparked a new idea.
    03-13-14 03:06 PM
    I'm sold.
    Like the design and specs especially the 4 speakers and 2 jacks.

Posted via CB10
    Having been using the iPad mini for the past days and it's very ergonomic.

I would definitely buy a BlackBerry version

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 08:22 PM
    Love, bring it into production!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 09:59 AM
    I like the fact that the bezel is narrowed. I still use my PlayBook on a daily basis. I would definitely go out and buy this concept. Well done.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 10:50 AM
    That would be a great construct for a PB2. I'm not sure about the simultaneous music player. Unless the QNX software is miracle software. I don't see the 16 app simultaneous operation. But I do say that I still use my old PB somewhat daily, as limited as it may be on apps. It's still a master of tasks.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 11:20 AM
    I love it but we need apps just like my q10 it has some quality apps but we can use more

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 10:28 PM
    for once, something appears to be pretty stylish around here.
    You do realize this is just an iPad Mini / Air with a BB10 screen?
    03-27-14 06:13 PM
    It's a very good concept I hope it actually come out as the next tablet for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 06:23 PM
    You do realize this is just an iPad Mini / Air with a BB10 screen?
    And so is every other tablet out there. Your comment is about as useful as saying all candybar phones look like iPhones.

There are only so many ways to innovate the candybar, rectangular style of tablets and touchscreen mobile phones. Until someone takes a chance with a new design (spherical or elliptical, maybe?) all these things will essentially be clones of each other.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    menshawy likes this.
    04-20-14 06:26 PM
    According to N4BB BlackBerry is an on a new generation PlayBook for release in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 09:37 AM
    According to N4BB BlackBerry is an on a new generation PlayBook for release in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    Only if their handset business stabilizes. Otherwise it's just a fantasy.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 12:53 PM
170 ... 34567