I see quite a few people posting their PIN numbers on the forums. I am pretty new to Blackberry, and have yet to use Blackberry Messenger, but I do value my privacy.

Does posting your PIN on such a public venue cause problems? Does BB Messenger have an ignore function?

I'm just curious as to what kind of experiences the more socialable folks here have had in regard to sharing their PIN.

Thanks in advance.
    06-28-09 12:18 AM
    I see quite a few people posting their PIN numbers on the forums. I am pretty new to Blackberry, and have yet to use Blackberry Messenger, but I do value my privacy.

Does posting your PIN on such a public venue cause problems? Does BB Messenger have an ignore function?

I'm just curious as to what kind of experiences the more socialable folks here have had in regard to sharing their PIN.

Thanks in advance.
    First of all looks like you are relatively new so welcome to crackberry! As far as posting your pin in a public place does it cause problems? It all depends on the person that sends you the invite. I have met many great people here on cb and if I would not have posted my pin that probably would have never happened. Now if you look now I don't have it listed now because I had a few weirdos myself so i just took it down. BBM does have a delete function so of someone gets weird you can simply delete them. Hope this helps...
    06-28-09 12:28 AM
    First of all looks like you are relatively new so welcome to crackberry! As far as posting your pin in a public place does it cause problems? It all depends on the person that sends you the invite. I have met many great people here on cb and if I would not have posted my pin that probably would have never happened. Now if you look now I don't have it listed now because I had a few weirdos myself so i just took it down. BBM does have a delete function so of someone gets weird you can simply delete them. Hope this helps...
    Ah, so, if I'm comprehending, you gotta accept the invite prior to any actual communication.

Yeah, that makes sense. That's what puts me off. The "weirdos".
    06-28-09 12:32 AM
    Hello & welcome to cb! You may want to look into the off topic forum & the social pin sharing forum. You will probably meet people that you will want to share your pin with. If you're concerned with privacy posting your pin publicly is probably not a great idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 12:33 AM
    Agreed. It is fun getting to know so many different people, but some can be a little weird therefore I don't feel bad when I have to delete them
    06-28-09 12:33 AM
    Ah, so, if I'm comprehending, you gotta accept the invite prior to any actual communication.

Yeah, that makes sense. That's what puts me off. The "weirdos".
    That's correct you have to accept any request sent to you before any actual convo starts. Now they can PIN message you without using the BBM app itself if you have your pin listed. And there will always be weirdos. A best practice to use would be to contact the person here on crackberry and send them a pm. Then if you exchange a few and all seems well, then ask for their pin. You can usually tell the type person you are dealing with the first convo or so, not always but a lot of times you can.
    06-28-09 12:37 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/any...buddies-53570/

06-28-09 01:13 AM
    Thanks, forever29.
    Last edited by kaioken92; 06-28-09 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Typo...because I'm a moron.
    06-28-09 01:18 AM
    That's correct you have to accept any request sent to you before any actual convo starts. Now they can PIN message you without using the BBM app itself if you have your pin listed. And there will always be weirdos. A best practice to use would be to contact the person here on crackberry and send them a pm. Then if you exchange a few and all seems well, then ask for their pin. You can usually tell the type person you are dealing with the first convo or so, not always but a lot of times you can.
    Exactly what I was going to say. They can still PIN you and you can't do anything about it. RIM needs to take care of that though some time of PIN block option

Welcome to CB!

06-28-09 01:26 AM
    Exactly what I was going to say. They can still PIN you and you can't do anything about it. RIM needs to take care of that though some time of PIN block option

Welcome to CB!

Thanks, Venc. Yeah, judging from that whole inability to block PIN messages thing, I don't believe I'll be posting my PIN number in the forums.

Although, even if I did, I doubt I'd get much hassle. I'm sure the females get bombarded with messages. It's just the way of the interweb.
    06-28-09 01:49 AM
    Mine's posted in my sig. NOONE pins me
    06-28-09 07:02 AM
    Thanks, Venc. Yeah, judging from that whole inability to block PIN messages thing, I don't believe I'll be posting my PIN number in the forums.

Although, even if I did, I doubt I'd get much hassle. I'm sure the females get bombarded with messages. It's just the way of the interweb.

I've had my pin posted from the start, and have even posted in the PIN sharing forums, so far (knock on wood) I have had no problems, have had a couple of people as 1 day conversations then kinda disappear, and a few I keep speaking too, really I would not be overly worried,

but it is simple for someone to just PM you and ask for your pin if they want it, or you add people who have their pin showing you can be the initiator

Welcome to Crackberry and the addiction!
    06-28-09 07:10 AM
    I had someone from Indonesia PIN me they said the googled my PIN, WTF?? why would you google random letters and numbers, I'll talk to just about anyone but..... when they start off with ' I'm from Indonesia, where are you from?' I think I'll take a pass, LOL!
    06-28-09 07:32 AM
    I had someone from Indonesia PIN me they said the googled my PIN, WTF?? why would you google random letters and numbers, I'll talk to just about anyone but..... when they start off with ' I'm from Indonesia, where are you from?' I think I'll take a pass, LOL!
    The googled your PIN... LOL... I like that one. I'll sure would be like ok, bye bye
    06-28-09 12:41 PM
    i dont think posting your pin would be a problem. i have mine on facebook.
    06-29-09 10:22 AM
    Your PIN is in your profile here, not very surprising it showed on google.
    06-29-09 10:26 AM
    I will try this out myself ... someday
    06-29-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD