I have two friends (well, I have more than two actually - LOL) that when you check the properties of their Pin contact in BlackBerry Pin Messenger, it shows their email address rather than their BlackBerry Pin number!

I want to know, why, and how can I do it too? The benefit of this, as you can imagine is that you DON'T have to keep giving people you new Pin number when you change devices (like I've done in the past).

So, own up, who knows how to do this?

Ps: Yes, I've asked them, and they don't know how they did it...
    07-06-07 08:06 PM
    I'm guessing that when you were added as a contact, you were added via email and not PIN.
    07-07-07 05:46 AM
    No, no. I think you're missing it.

Say for example you went to BlackBerry Pin Messenger, scrolled to one of your contacts, pressed menu / contact info, the details are:

Nickname: Their nickname
    Display Name: Their name
    Info: theiremailaddress@email.com (normally, you have a Pin number here!)

Normally, on the Info line, you'd have their BlackBerry Pin number.

Now, unless you're saying, since the person added me with my email address, rather than my Pin, that's why their email address is showing, then we're getting somewhere..
    07-07-07 07:01 AM
    Now, unless you're saying, since the person added me with my email address, rather than my Pin, that's why their email address is showing, then we're getting somewhere..
    That's what I'm saying.
    07-08-07 10:15 PM
    Assume you got the answer to this by now... if not, when requesting a new contact into messenger, the default is to use email. Once contact selected if you hit menu button and there is a PIN in your contact details, you will get a choise of email of PIN.
    11-02-07 08:56 AM
    Actually, mine does that too perhaps because I have myself saved in my address book as a contact. I do this because I send my vcard as an attachment sometimes.
    11-02-07 10:16 AM
    It does that because they have been added by email.

I am surprised you havent seen this before Mr Williams - after all you change your device more than me....
    11-02-07 04:31 PM
    Hmmm interesting to know!
    11-02-07 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD