Hey!

I just moved in Austria from Romania... I bought a prepaid card from A1 - Vodafone for my Blackberry storm... However at some point (I heard that pin messanging is free :-) ) i want to pin message my girlfriend instead of txting her.

Do I need to have a cellphone contract here in Austria to use the pin messanging system? If not could you please please annddd please help??? If sent her an authorization request but apparently she is not getting it... what are the requirements (yea she has a BB too)???

Best regards
    02-23-10 12:47 PM
    You both have to have BIS or BES. That's all. Happy BBMing.
    02-23-10 01:00 PM
    ok... so even if I dont have a contract, I can sign my BB to BIS???
    02-23-10 01:08 PM
    Ok... So I im in the BIS of A1 Vodafone site and when I give my PIN and EMEI, the registration says that my BB storm is not registered on A1 Vodafone (which is true, because I bought the BB in Romania...) any suggestions?
    02-23-10 01:21 PM
    You have to get a SIM for your new carrier. It has nothing to do with where you bought the phone.
    02-23-10 01:32 PM
    I bought a prepaid Simcard today... with 50 EUR credits on it... the card is already inside,...
    02-23-10 01:34 PM
    You still need BIS like I said above.
    02-23-10 01:40 PM
    You need a SIM card from the local country (which you have) and BIS associated with that SIM. You will know when this is working as you will have GPRS or EDGE in capitals in the top right of the display. This means your device is connected to RIM. At that point, PIN 2 PIN should work, you do not need to create a BIS account, in fact, it wont let you as your PIN and IMEI is associated with another BIS account in a different country.
    02-24-10 12:36 AM
    call your carrier seek advice
    02-24-10 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD