Just got OS10.2.1 for my Q10, and I found this Picture Password thing, no doubt it's really cool but doesn't seems useful tho.

What do u guys think? Anyone using it?

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10
    01-29-14 03:48 PM
    Did exactly the same thing. Hilarious.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-29-14 03:53 PM
    the picture password is so cool ... hehehe
    crjohnston likes this.
    01-29-14 03:57 PM
    I use it, everyone seems amazed and puzzled by it
    No one can figure out how it works without explaining it to them and they are really impressed by it
    I kinda upped the ante, and made it so that it looks like you would have to line up two numbers to be able to unlock the phone :P

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 03:57 PM
    Just got OS10.2.1 for my Q10, and I found this Picture Password thing, no doubt it's really cool but doesn't seems useful tho.

I would say its useful; its a fairly easy way to lock/unlock your phone... As the other posters said, its hard for anyone watching to learn your unlock code- which isnt true of pattern unlock like google devices have..

That being said, I dont use it... I dont find it fast enough. Possibly my hand eye coordination is to blame here..I find when trying to unlock my phone using the picture password, I have to be very precise (this translates to 'slow' for me) to get the number into the right spot.

I use the regular numeric lock.
    TheAlixsz and gebco like this.
    01-29-14 04:00 PM
    You're right, it is a bit slower. Mainly because of the shuffling of the numbers grid you need to take a second to find your number first.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-29-14 04:06 PM
    Indeed it is the coolest and most difficult lock system I've seen so far, I'd need to try few times to unlock it even I'm the one who setup the lock. Brilliant idea from BlackBerry.

Must be interesting as a challenge for friends lol

01-29-14 04:10 PM
    Why do you find it not useful? It's just as easy (or easier) for me as the simple password, with the added benefit of not having to worry about someone seeing you enter it. Remember, you can put your finger anywhere on the screen to move the numbers, your finger doesn't need to be on your number.

Here's a little tip for accuracy: I've found either the marble image or the squares to allow for the most accuracy. If you use the marble image, try to find a marble close in size to the circle around the number when you are first setting up the password. This method helps by allowing you a better chance of finding the center of the marble, and the center of the margin-of-error BlackBerry has permitted.

If you use the image of the square, place your number tightly in the corner of one of the squares.
    01-29-14 04:14 PM
    I'm loving the picture password. So much faster than my long alpha numeric password that I had and secure too.

Though I'm wondering if anyone knows. How many invalid attempts you get from the pic password. In a normal password it's 10 attempts before it wipes your device. Does anyone know how many for pic password?

And what happens after the threshold is reached. Does it prompt you for your normal password or just wipes your device?

If anyone has tried this or knows the answer. Please advise. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 04:27 PM
    I'm loving the picture password. So much faster than my long alpha numeric password that I had and secure too.

Though I'm wondering if anyone knows. How many invalid attempts you get from the pic password. In a normal password it's 10 attempts before it wipes your device. Does anyone know how many for pic password?

And what happens after the threshold is reached. Does it prompt you for your normal password or just wipes your device?

If anyone has tried this or knows the answer. Please advise. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    After 5 tries, you have to enter "blackberry", then enter your device password. I believe these 5 picture password are counted towards the 10-total attempts before the security wipe.
    qabb likes this.
    01-29-14 04:37 PM
    Easily one of the best thing about the update. Better than the android update that everyone focuses on.
    Shows BlackBerry can improve on existing features in an innovative way

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 04:41 PM
    After 5 tries, you have to enter "blackberry", then enter your device password. I believe these 5 picture password are counted towards the 10-total attempts before the security wipe.
    Awesome. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 05:30 PM
    This is a great feature. Saves me time, over and over

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 06:20 PM
    I'm enjoying it. I am a bit slower with it, as someone else said it takes a second to find your number on the grid, but overall I like it better and I'm more confident of it not getting seen over my shoulder.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    01-29-14 07:08 PM
    I love it! Very easy & hard to guess for people looking over.
    Like someone mentioned earlier, better to chose a picture of marble or square in order to make it easier to use.
    I am using marbles & it's faster than typing password.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 10:15 PM
    I like it, it's fast and hard for someone to figure out.
    01-29-14 10:20 PM
    This is my picture. My number is "0" and I just place it in any of the owl's dots
    BlackBerry Picture Password-cute_owl_illustration-wallpaper-640x960.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 12:28 AM

if you got a jealous girlfriend trying to watch your password everytime this litte feature is amazing.
    01-30-14 12:32 AM
    Works like a charm. Because of the multiple elements in the 'password', I imagine it's more secure than a low-res fingerprint scanner :-P

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    01-30-14 01:00 AM
    It's funny out of all the features on bb10 this is the picture password is the one that makes people say "wow that's so awesome!" so if you wanna show off your BlackBerry make sure to show them pic pass!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:29 AM
    It's funny out of all the features on bb10 this is the picture password is the one that makes people say "wow that's so awesome!" so if you wanna show off your BlackBerry make sure to show them pic pass!

Posted via CB10
    Wish I could use it but I can't because I have my work Exchange ActiveSync account on my Z10 and I need to use a 5 digit pass code for that.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:00 AM
    I love this password option, I like to spin the numbers around and then unlock it. I had issues with the .1055 leak, sometimes my number wasn't on the screen and if it was it was very very picky on number placement. But on .1925 it is working great, it appears that there is 3 different density of numbers, and I have yet to see it come up with out my number.

John Chen - " I'm bringing Squircle back"
    01-30-14 06:20 AM
    Where is it, cannot seem to find it

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:39 AM
    picture password option is great, I love it.
    01-30-14 06:40 AM
    How does on access it?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:54 AM
46 12