well this blackberry curve 8520 is the first blackberry i ever owned. and i thought it was pretty cool, but someone said it was a lower end not as high tech blackberry.

well the question i got is,

out of the blackberrys (curve, bold, tour, pearl, storm), which is the most "focused on " by rim and most popular by customers?
    03-22-10 04:57 PM
    Doesn't matter - if it does what you need and you like it, it's the perfect berry for you!
    03-22-10 05:01 PM
    The Curve series, which you own, is the most popular Blackberry line.
    Yes, many call the 8520/30 a 'lower-end' and the cheap-berry.
    But at the end of the day, its still a BLACKBERRY!
    It has mostly everything else the Tour, Storm and Pearl have.

The 8520/8530 line is more 'consumer friendly' with the dedicated Media Keys.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 03-22-10 at 05:40 PM.
    03-22-10 05:29 PM
    the bold series is the higher end series and many will argue the most focused on but the curve is the best seller
    03-22-10 05:31 PM
    Doesn't matter - if it does what you need and you like it, it's the perfect berry for you!
    Ditto - But, it's hard to beat the 9700.
    03-22-10 05:40 PM
    Yup, the 9700 is very fast with more memory.... but not worth the upgrade if you're happy with the Curve. Really it provides almost all the same functions. You should use the compare device page on the Blackberry site to see the differences.

BlackBerry - Compare BlackBerry Smartphones and PDAs at BlackBerry.com
    03-22-10 06:37 PM
    Bold Tour and Storm are the most recent releases. Go play with them and get the one you like the best. They are all great devices.
    03-22-10 06:43 PM
    i got a blackberry curve, i just never messed with any other type of blackberry and wasnt sure if the rest were better or worse. thats why i asked. i wwanted to see how good my blackberry curve2 is compared to the other blackberrys.
    03-22-10 07:05 PM
    The Curve 2 is plenty of device for many customers. If it had a flash, I wouldve considered to replace my 8330. Instead, since the price of the Tour became reasonable, that became my new BlackBerry yesterday. Enjoy your Curve and don't worry about the hype.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 07:20 PM
    i got a blackberry curve, i just never messed with any other type of blackberry and wasnt sure if the rest were better or worse. thats why i asked. i wwanted to see how good my blackberry curve2 is compared to the other blackberrys.
    the Curve 2 is the lower end Blackberry. Its pretty much the entry model into Blackberrys. why? Becuase the Curve is not a world phone, has poor screen resolution compared to the Bold, Tour, and Storm, slower phone compared to others, and the feel of the phone and keyboard are cheaper them the higher end Blackberrys.

if your happy with your phone, thats all that matters though.

the Bold is the highest level Blackberry followed by the Bold 9650 (soon coming out) Tour & Storm
    03-22-10 07:29 PM
    is the 8520 higher end model compared to the 8330?
    03-22-10 07:33 PM
    the Curve 2 is the lower end Blackberry. Its pretty much the entry model into Blackberrys. why? Becuase the Curve is not a world phone, has poor screen resolution compared to the Bold, Tour, and Storm, slower phone compared to others, and the feel of the phone and keyboard are cheaper them the higher end Blackberrys.
    It still makes me cringe and feel ashamed to own an 8530 every time someone says a statement like that, it makes me want to purchase a new device, which I will be doing in August; HOPEFULLY! I wish I could go back in time, then purchase a HTC Touch Pro 2.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 03-22-10 at 07:41 PM.
    03-22-10 07:36 PM
    Ive had every model except the tour, this 9700 is the best
    03-22-10 07:36 PM
    yeah i got offended the first time someone told me that the 8520 is a lowerend model.
    03-22-10 07:39 PM
    The 9700 is very good as far as performance and memory.

03-22-10 08:36 PM
    the Curve 2 is the lower end Blackberry. Its pretty much the entry model into Blackberrys. why? Becuase the Curve is not a world phone.
    He has an 8520, not an 8530. The 8520 is a GSM device, so it is a world phone.
    03-22-10 08:38 PM
    Being completely honest, yes, the 85xx series is the low rent BB.
    03-22-10 08:59 PM
    Well yeah we established that it is a lower quality blackberry but its still a blackberry nonetheless (bb os, parts, etx)

03-22-10 09:45 PM
    A blackberry is a blackberry. The only difference is the features between each model.
    03-22-10 10:03 PM
    there is nothing wrong with your phone. it's a blackberry. and as we all know blackberry's are good devices to own. the only thing lower end about the 8520 is that it has a lower resolution screen than its older siblings. the cdma model, the 8530, has wifi and 3g, which is pretty good for an entry level bb. but both models were the FIRST to have the trackpad, which is a plus, considering i have one on my 9700 (the second device to have one). there will always be lower end and higher end phones, but being that it's a blackberry with the same OS as its newer siblings and has the most current one, it's guaranteed to be a useful and worthwhile phone. don't let the words "lower end" defer you from enjoying your phone.
    Last edited by girlontherun; 03-23-10 at 02:24 AM.
    03-23-10 02:22 AM
    "Lower end" or not, I absolutely love my Curve. The only thing that disappoints me about it is the lack of flash which can make taking pictures a bit of a pain. Even that, though, isn't enough for me to wish I had different phone.
    03-23-10 02:28 AM
    yeah i got offended the first time someone told me that the 8520 is a lowerend model.
    It didn't used to be that way. Before the Bold 9000 was released, the curve line was the best around. At that time I had an 8330 and there wasn't a better BB available on any network.

03-23-10 03:57 AM
    keep in mind guys, even though the curve is the low end Blackberry, its still the best selling Blackberry out there, and best of all, the Curve is still the number 1 BEST selling phone out there. Rim sells more Curves then Apple can wit hthe Iphone. The curve is still listed as number 1 best selling phone yet, so obviously, its a great phone none the less
    03-23-10 06:48 AM
    BB storm 9530
    03-23-10 09:25 AM
    The introduction of the 85** series, about 6 months ago, was the first new generation device after the Bold and Storm models. Both feature a high resolution, half VGA display (480x320), making them more expensive to manufacture.

The 85** is less expensive to make, primarily due to the smaller (320x240) display. That in turn reduced the average cost of manufacturing and positioned the 85** series at the bottom of the second generation devices. It also lowered the average profit per device, the Stock Analysts reacted strongly to that news, dropping the share price.

It still has 4x the memory of the original Curve and is ready for future software upgrades.
    03-23-10 10:20 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD