Hi,

So, I have a BlackBerry Pearl 3G and a couple of my friends have the Curve 8520 & 3G.

Anyways........I took my phone out one day and they started making fun of it and calling me cheap. I was like, my phones specs are better than yours and my phone costs almost a $100 more than yours. Even after proving that, they think their Curves are better than my Pearl.

Sorry to people owning the Curve 8520 but the Pearl is honestly better.

So, I just wanted to know every bodies opinion on the Pearl 3G and Curve 8520. Honestly, let me know which one you think is better.

Also, some of my friends say the only reason people buy BlackBerrys is because they have a full QWERTY keyboard. Because they think that, they also think my phone sucks.
    01-24-11 03:45 PM
    anybody??!!
    01-24-11 03:53 PM
    Hi,

So, I have a BlackBerry Pearl 3G and a couple of my friends have the Curve 8520 & 3G.

Anyways........I took my phone out one day and they started making fun of it and calling me cheap. I was like, my phones specs are better than yours and my phone costs almost a $100 more than yours. Even after proving that, they think their Curves are better than my Pearl.

Sorry to people owning the Curve 8520 but the Pearl is honestly better.

So, I just wanted to know every bodies opinion on the Pearl 3G and Curve 8520. Honestly, let me know which one you think is better.

Also, some of my friends say the only reason people buy BlackBerrys is because they have a full QWERTY keyboard. Because they think that, they also think my phone sucks.
    Depends on how you look at it. The Curve has a nice keyboard, but you have OS 6, a much better screen and such.
    01-24-11 04:09 PM
    The screen is larger but the Pearl has a better resolution.

I'd say that the Pearl is better Specs wise and the Curve is better Size Wise (:
    01-24-11 04:11 PM
    Doesn't the Pearl 3G have OS6? I know the 8520 doesn't and also the curve 8520 has Terrible buld. Quality from my experiance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 04:23 PM
    thank you, wwedx

i hope your implying that pearl is better than the curve (:
    01-24-11 05:34 PM
    Also the 8520 IS NOT a 3G phone.
    01-24-11 05:53 PM
    Hi, I owned both the Pearl (8130... oldie!, not quite the 3g) and the Curve 3G
    In my opinion, the Pearl 3G is a better phone than the old Curve (8520 series).
    They don't run on the same OS, and technology is much different from each time the separate devices were released. I feel like its an unfair basis to compare on.
    Maybe if you compared the Curve 3g, and the Pearl 3g, you may have a basis to compare on. However, at the end of the day, its all in what you prefer. While using my pearl I enjoyed the smaller keypad. Now that I have a full qwerty, I don't know if I could go back!
    Both are great devices either way, and in no way is either one of them cheap!
    01-24-11 06:13 PM
    It's all a matter of personal preference, if your happy with what you have why would you care what other inferior devices someone uses.

I waited for the 9100 to come out just because it has better keys the all the rest of the bb's out there, keys big enough to actually use. I couldn't be happier with any other device currently available.
    01-24-11 09:20 PM
    I love my Pearl. Its an awesome phone.

01-24-11 09:45 PM
    Sounds like your friends are jealous cause your rocking OS6 which they'll never been able to with their current phone. I'd challenge them to a sixty word type off if I was you.

01-24-11 10:00 PM
    Curve's for those large hands, pearl's for the small hands.

01-24-11 10:17 PM
    Curve's for those large hands, pearl's for the small hands.
    Actually, the Pearl is better for large hands because the keys are bigger and much easier to type on once you get used to suretype. My old 8100 was great. The smaller indivIdual keys on the Torch I have now are much harder to type on. I'm getting used to it, but I make a lot more mistakes hitting the wrong keys because they are so close to each other. The Curves keys may not be quite as close, but they are still smaller than the Pearl's.

01-25-11 12:39 AM
    Pearl 3G: For the "normal" phone user
    Curve 3G: For the person who loves QWERTY
    Curve 8520: Seriously, why in heaven's name would you get this POS? I did, big mistake. Should have got the 3G. No GPS, no 3G, worse keyboard than the 3G, worse battery life, worse everything. And it costs the same as the far superior 8900
    01-25-11 03:14 AM
    No offense to 85xx series owners, but its the cheapest Curve I've ever dealt with. (Have a couple as backups).

The 8900 was a great device, the 83xx series best selling of all-time, and still a great keyboard. The 85xx series when it was first released was a huge disappointment to Curve users, especially ones who had the Javelin (8900)

The Pearl3G is almost like a mini Bold 9700. I love the Pearl series and LOVE the keyboard on it. If you get it down its one fast mofo to type on.

I could go on and on but if they make fun of you for having a BB that is slimmer then tell them to shove off.... or better yet, grow up.

For fun you could do an internet race and see who gets to sites faster. Or use 3G to text and use data, etc at the same time. Tell them EDGE means on the edge of obsolete lol.

I like both so I'm not hating on 85xx owners, but the Pearl is a better phone overall imo.

Tell them to get a Curve3G and your screen resolution will still kill theirs, or just be a bigger man and realize what you want is perfect and learn to be happy with it.

Even if someone had a flying phone that cooked and did laundry and dissed mine... I still wouldn't give a darn my man.

01-25-11 03:22 AM
    No offense to 85xx series owners, but its the cheapest Curve I've ever dealt with. (Have a couple as backups).

The 8900 was a great device, the 83xx series best selling of all-time, and still a great keyboard. The 85xx series when it was first released was a huge disappointment to Curve users, especially ones who had the Javelin (8900)
    The problem is, the 8520, which I own, is a sucky device. My friends have every right to take the mick out of me for using a phone worth about 5p that cost me �230...
    01-25-11 03:47 AM
    I like the keyboard on the curve better...
    01-25-11 08:56 AM

The Pearl3G is almost like a mini Bold 9700. I love the Pearl series and LOVE the keyboard on it. If you get it down its one fast mofo to type on.

I could go on and on but if they make fun of you for having a BB that is slimmer then tell them to shove off.... or better yet, grow up.

For fun you could do an internet race and see who gets to sites faster. Or use 3G to text and use data, etc at the same time. Tell them EDGE means on the edge of obsolete lol.

I like both so I'm not hating on 85xx owners, but the Pearl is a better phone overall imo.

Tell them to get a Curve3G and your screen resolution will still kill theirs, or just be a bigger man and realize what you want is perfect and learn to be happy with it.

Even if someone had a flying phone that cooked and did laundry and dissed mine... I still wouldn't give a darn my man.

The Curve series has been full of disappointments. The 8900 was one of the best BlackBerries of all time in my opinion, aside from the lack of 3G. Then they go and release the 8520 which is by far one of the worst sequels around. It stripped the screen resolution, camera quality, build quality and still no 3G. The 8530 (My current BB) was a big improvement over the 8520 with the addition of 3G and GPS, but still was missing out on the screen resolution and build quality.

And now we have the Curve 3G which is an exact replica of the 8530 with a slightly better processor, OS 6 support and that silver border. What we need is an 8900 sequel.
    01-25-11 06:29 PM
    Actually, the Pearl is better for large hands because the keys are bigger and much easier to type on once you get used to suretype.
    Exactly!
    01-25-11 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD