What do you use more when you are at home and feel like surfing the web? Your BlackBerry or the PC?
    I'm just curious..Meanwhile I use my BlackBerry a lot more than my MAC when I'm at home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 04:40 AM
    Definitely the PC. There is no comparing the experience between
    a 2.4 inch device with a 2 inch screen and that of a full sized
    keyboard and a 22 inch widescreen monitor. I will never understand
    the concept of the BB as a PC replacement. It isn't and never, ever
    will be.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-29-08 at 04:52 AM.
    12-29-08 04:49 AM
    I find myself using this bb more than my PC as well. This phone can't give me near the same experience as a PC but I find myself on the couch or in my bed more with the bb than at the desk on the PC. Then again, with a wife and 3 kids fighting over 3 computers, its a wonder I ever get to use the pc.

12-29-08 05:15 AM
    Who would prefer using a Blackberry over a computer?? I hate surfing the web with any portable device, but it's your only option if you want to surf the web anywhere you go. I just can't imagine why anyone would want to. It's just kind of a pain to use IMO. Not to mention, most of the time, your computer is a whole lot faster for everything.

You sacrifice usability for portability. Luckily we can all have both
    12-29-08 05:15 AM
    I find myself using this bb more than my PC as well. This phone can't give me near the same experience as a PC but I find myself on the couch or in my bed more with the bb than at the desk on the PC. Then again, with a wife and 3 kids fighting over 3 computers, its a wonder I ever get to use the pc.
    Mamaluka, i get what you are saying. If it is the best option then it is what it is.
    In my house everyone has their own computer so sharing is not an issue. So using
    my BB as an internet device seems ridiculous to me. When I am on the go, I just don't
    bother unless it is absolutely necessary.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-29-08 at 05:26 AM.
    12-29-08 05:24 AM
    At home its the bb only. When you live in the sticks and only have the dial up option you take what you can get.

12-29-08 06:53 AM
    Definitely the PC. My PC screen is only 19" but way bigger than my BB screen. With that being said I check BB frequently for messages from BB messenger.
    12-29-08 07:02 AM
    Laptop or PC for sure. Used to use my BB a lot at home until I got the laptop.
    12-29-08 07:07 AM
    When I'm at home its high speed cable internet all the way. Sometimes I use both to multi-task. Like chat on the BB and surf web on my PC. When I am away from home I really enjoy having the power to look something up on wikipedia, google, check the news or whatever. Having the power of the internet at a hands reach while out is priceless. So when I'm out away from home I do use the net on my BB.

12-29-08 07:07 AM
    I use both about equally but for morning news and sports it is the PC.

12-29-08 07:10 AM
    PC at home
    12-29-08 07:13 AM
    Pc at home when I have serious stuff to do, though probably spend more time doing light surfing on the bold during that time.
    In terms of data, the pc wins. In terms of minutes spent, the bold probably wins every day.

12-29-08 08:08 AM
    I don't use my PC as much as I used to at home. If I need to do view the weather, doppler radar, sports scores, crackberry forum, and Email I use my blackberry. I can pick up my blackberry, open the web browser, and be on that particular site within 15 seconds or less. The PC takes a little longer coming out of hibernation mode. If I'm going to be doing a lot of searching, multitasking, sites with flash, or multimedia; it's PC all the way.

12-29-08 09:13 AM
    My MacBook gets 3849345943x more use than my BB. It comes with me to school, to work and of course when i'm in bed and home

Now...when i had my iPhone, that did get a LOT of use. Esp when i was in bed, school ect. The browser was incredible.
    12-29-08 09:18 AM
    Laptop pc for any seriois web-based activities. BB for casual or occasional web use, e.g. to check scores or weather when on the go. Now texting is almost constant.

12-29-08 09:24 AM
    Laptop pc for any seriois web-based activities. BB for casual or occasional web use, e.g. to check scores or weather when on the go. Now texting is almost constant.

ITA, it's just easier to look something quick up on my BB, of course shopping & all other stuff gets done on my lap top
    12-29-08 09:31 AM
    Meant "serious" above. Can't seem to edit posts well on wap forums. How ironic!

12-29-08 09:32 AM
    So far? PC at home.

But I'm a noob to BB so "transitioning" may be a factor. Just more comfortable surfing the web on a real QWERTY keyboard (I can type like a demon) with a bigger screen. We have 3 people in the house; 2 laptops (work related) and a desktop PC - so getting ON a computer isn't a problem.

I *have,* however, forwarded my personal gmail account to the BB and notice that I *rarely* log into the gmail account via the PC anymore.

I also am trying out the free trial of the PodTrapper application on my BB. Currently, I don't listen to many podcasts because I find downloading podcasts a pain in the tuckus - using a podcast aggregator (Doppelgang) and then downloading the podcast to my mp3 player (Sansa e200). I haven't found much compelling material to go through all of that on a regular basis. If I can get a podcast to load *straight* to my mobile device, well - that changes the game for me.

And, I recently stumbled across the "Coffee break French" and "Coffee break Spanish" podcasts and found them to be interesting . . . so, I thought I try that and Car Talk (NPR) (I always seem to miss the broadcast of this show) with the Podtrapper app.

I think it MORE likely that the BB will replace my Sansa e200 than my PC. In addition to adding podcasts more easily to my BB, adding pics and video to the BB is waaayyy easier than adding video to the e200 (which requires use of Sansa's own converter)

If *only* (1)I could get my local FM NPR station on my BB and (2) I can get the BB to recognize playlists, then the Sansa would probably be toast .

(note: I've tried a few of the streaming "radio" apps, but can't get them to work!! arrgh!!).
    12-29-08 09:36 AM
    I use my laptop more than my berry but I am more prone to answer emails on my berry even if I am on my laptop- I don't know why- just the way it is!
    12-29-08 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD