I don't remember anymore where I have seen the figures, but all in all, we have just barely 10mio BB10 users.

That obviously means that most people truly have no idea about the new BlackBerry.

When the Z10 came out, I found it very hard to recommend it. It has changed after the massive price drop.

The difference now is:
    We have pretty much all the apps, it is truly usable and with 10.3.1, we will finally have a truly competitive OS.

The Passport has truly been a statement that BlackBerry is still alive and kicking!
    With the refresh of the series (Classic, full touch, KB phones) I believe that the mindshare will be slowly changing.

Until just the previous quarter, BlackBerry has been still selling a lion share of legacy devices. Finally this is changing!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-05-14 07:36 PM
    Sorry it's not for consumers! BlackBerry told you that! People should listen! There is no way an HD video on the passport is going to match the size of the landscape view on my z30! People should just listen!......but then again, once you tell some people it isn't for them, well out of rebellion they purchased! But on a more serious note, these were not purchased by fan boys. These devices in their own uniqueness could sell 200,000. The really were designed with work in mind. But yes they make a fantastic consumer device. Why? Well if you text, email, Twitter, BBM, browse the Web, view pdf filed, word docs etc.....more than you watch videos on your phone, then this is the better choice. If you like the concept of Blend across platforms, then again the consumer wins. If you like tactile feedback along with a touch keypad, then again victory is yours. Let alone the speakers, the variable phone speaker with distance to the ear monitoring etc. This is actually a fantastic consumer device if you put aside preconceived ideas and look with an open mind.

Posted via CB10
    Well said, BlackBerry has a winner here. The passport is unique and designed for people like me. Yeah for the big battery and a wide screen to properly read documents. You have to wonder why no one figured this out sooner.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 04:39 AM
    Well said, BlackBerry has a winner here. The passport is unique and designed for people like me. Yeah for the big battery and a wide screen to properly read documents. You have to wonder why no one figured this out sooner.

Posted via CB10
    Re your last sentence:
    It's called the Samsung Galaxy Note
    And was there some 3 years before the PassPort came out.

Then, the whole phone market decided to go with bigger displays.

Nowadays, basically every phone offers the same real estate as the Passport, if not more.
    The Note 4 is nearly as wide as the Passport, while at the same time providing even more screen real estate overall.

So don't worry, a lot of people and manufacturers have already figured out what you seem to only attest to the Passport.

I think everyone is forgetting consumers like what enterprise user have. There is a reason BlackBerry were big sellers before.

BlackBerry should concentrate on expanding enterprise and some consumers will start to follow. I love my passport so far. Keyboard is a bit stiff for me though.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, the smartphone market has evolved.
    Nowadays the vast majority of business users want a device, which is also capable to be a consumer device.
    And in that regard, BlackBerry just doesn't deliver.

You also don't seem to understand the historical context, of what made BlackBerries special back in the day:
    Mostly emails and getting them on your handset.
    Yeah, seriously, that was one of their biggest selling points.

How did that influence consumers?
    Well, you had to be REALLY important to have the need to get emails 24/7 everywhere where your phone is, back in the day.
    So having a BlackBerry was a sign of being important and productive.

Nowadays, every 70$ smartphone can get emails, and every consumer has at least one email address which syncs with his/her phone.
    The teenage demographic was something different though, there especially BBM was a seller.

Anyhow, the belief that the Passport will be successful because it is an enterprise phone and consumers want an enterprise phone is wrong on so many levels, that I really struggle to understand how someone can actually believe that.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 10-06-14 at 05:09 AM.
    10-06-14 04:57 AM
    Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 05:08 AM
    Posted via CB10
    How can you not believe it.....i don't know one company that has handed it's employees a Passport as of yet. our local government just handed it's employees Q5 units. I asked you didn't choose the iphone. He said no, they just handed out Q5 units. It's what we need for emails and work stuff. He loves the device, only carries one device.......now back to the passport.......all the units went to the consumer space as of now. companies were not lined up to buy on day one. They will access the unit, test it out themselves on their networks etc long before they incorporate. In fact most huge corporations that I know still have their services on BBOS. If they are running BES, you will not see any BB10 devices until they switch to BES10. It is the consumer mainly that stole the inventory.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    10-06-14 08:41 AM
    You might be forgetting all the people who are showing their own device regarding their need and as far as I know it has been mainly snatched up by professionals on the forum.

Of course it is not just for enterprise.
    It has been made for those people who want to be able to create content on the go instead of just consuming it

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-06-14 09:06 AM
56 123