Here�s an idea

BlackBerry Passport Mini
    I�thinking 4" diagonally 1:1 screen, that would take the Passport to an approximate size of 4.44x3.11x0.37 it would be much more manageable for people with small hands, not to mention it would be much more attractive for women that hate the Passport size.

Here are some mock ups.

BlackBerry Passport Mini-passport-mini-1.jpg
    BlackBerry Passport Mini-passport-mini-2.jpg
    11-28-14 10:07 AM
    They have something smaller.... it's called a q10!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 10:10 AM
    The passport has its name for a reason lol a mini version wouldn't be the same size as a passport

Sent from my Passport
    11-28-14 10:12 AM
    The Q10 is far from the Passport�s specs, it�s almost 2 years old.
    11-28-14 10:13 AM
    BlackBerry Classic?
    11-28-14 10:23 AM
    One reason why I refrained from buying the Passport is because of its size. The Q10 just fits so perfectly in the hand.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-28-14 10:25 AM
    No, don't like it.
    11-28-14 10:27 AM
    I would love to see a smaller passport version, BUT as tall as the current one, just narrower.
    If you keep it tall enough with a smaller screen, you would be able to re-use the 4 rows keyboard!

Let's be honest guys, the passport keyboard is nice, BUT is nowhere near as efficient as the 4 rows one!
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-28-14 10:28 AM
    BlackBerry Classic?
    Let�s be honest, the BlackBerry Classic is a Q10 with a different face, same screen, same processor, etc.
    11-28-14 10:31 AM
    BlackBerry seems to re-use a lot of their processors so I would expect to see a full touch device next year with the same internals as the Passport. Maybe same camera ect

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    11-28-14 10:41 AM
    smh @ these threads, this reminds me of that rumor thread stating that the ATT Passport is going to get a makeover with rounded corners and insane specs etc... or that other hilarious thread where people keep dreaming about an all touch passport... lawl
    I�m not saying that this is a rumor, it�s just an idea that popped into my head. Just like your idea to come into this thread and give your opinion about this thread.

I love my Passport and would not buy a small version of it if it where real.
    Ouattsm likes this.
    11-28-14 10:43 AM
    smh @ these threads, this reminds me of that rumor thread stating that the ATT Passport is going to get a makeover with rounded corners and insane specs etc... or that other hilarious thread where people keep dreaming about an all touch passport... lawl

BlackBerry Passport Mini-172.gif

OP I give you points for trying though...
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    11-28-14 10:44 AM
    I think that the passport size is perfect for doing what it was made for. The target audience will be using two hands, they are typing a lot.

In terms of a smaller device I think that the keys are perfect, I never got a BlackBerry before this (other than the touch Z10) because the keys were so small. If you make the keys smaller I wouldn't like that, but that might be just me.

One other thing that someone mentioned is to make the screen a bit smaller but add a 4th row of keys, that could work... the only issue I have with that is that the way the keyboard works right now is preety decent, so if size is what matters then making the entire device smaller may be the way to go.

I can almost use the passport one handed and I have very small hands for a guy, that being said every person I see typing on the bus is doing it with two hands... all phones. Two hands is faster, one hand is only in a pinch, and chances are that if you have to answer something one handed quickly it is an important message... so you should put things down and concentrate on it!

Posted via CB10
    BoldMaverick and PonyCrazyKid like this.
    11-28-14 10:46 AM
    Here�s an idea...
    I like the idea but it couldn't be called a Passport at that size since the size doesn't match up with a real Passport.

Maybe...
    Pissport?
    Peaport?
    Last edited by mister2d; 11-28-14 at 12:33 PM.
    3vilPeT3 likes this.
    11-28-14 10:55 AM
    I think that the passport size is perfect for doing what it was made for. The target audience will be using two hands, they are typing a lot.

that being said every person I see typing on the bus is doing it with two hands... all phones. Two hands is faster, one hand is only in a pinch, and chances are that if you have to answer something one handed quickly it is an important message... so you should put things down and concentrate on it!

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. This is why I smh when people say "that phone is huge" or they freak out about the size, or they try to argue that you can't use it one handed--when it turns out that they use both hands to type on their little rectangular phones either way (which appear to be tiny to me now).

Hell, there are even people that use their legs to hold the steering wheel/drive in order to use their little rectangular phones with 2 hands (i've seen this in person multiple times). So that argument about one-handed use really seems irrelevant to me. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

I would like to understand why so many women are afraid/turned off by the Passport though... I mean, most of them carry their phones in their purses anyway (minus some teenage girls who slide phones in their back pocket) so what's the big deal? eh?
    Dimeji Olatunde likes this.
    11-28-14 10:56 AM
    Agreed. This is why I smh when people say "that phone is huge" or they freak out about the size, or they try to argue that you can't use it one handed--when it turns out that they use both hands to type on their little rectangular phones either way (which appear to be tiny to me now).

Hell, there are even people that use their legs to hold the steering wheel/drive in order to use their little rectangular phones with 2 hands (i've seen this in person multiple times). So that argument about one-handed use really seems irrelevant to me. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

I would like to understand why so many women are afraid/turned off by the Passport though... I mean, most of them carry their phones in their purses anyway (minus some teenage girls who slide phones in their back pocket) so what's the big deal? eh?
    I think is not only the size, it�s also the weight of the Passport that draws them away.

I actually CAN use the Passport with one hand, but I find it ilogical. I love typing on it with my two hands.
    11-28-14 11:10 AM
    Here�s an idea

BlackBerry Passport Mini
    I�thinking 4" diagonally 1:1 screen, that would take the Passport to an approximate size of 4.44x3.11x0.37 it would be much more manageable for people with small hands, not to mention it would be much more attractive for women that hate the Passport size.

Here are some mock ups.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Passport Mini 1.jpg 
Views:	2092 
Size:	250.7 KB 
ID:	317398
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Passport Mini 2.jpg 
Views:	2080 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	317399
    I like it. But maybe they'd call it something else. I am all for a device that is slightly smaller than Passport but has touch-enabled physical keyboard, atleast 4' inch screen. Preferably 4 rows of keys. But no tool-belt (so I am not asking for bigger Classic).

They'd probably have to name it something else because Passport implies the size of an actual Passport. They could call it something else. Q40 .. whatever they want.
    11-28-14 12:32 PM
    I like the idea but it couldn't be called a Passport at that size since the size doesn't match up with a real Passport.

Maybe...
    Pissport?
    Peaport?
    Miniport
    11-28-14 12:44 PM

I'm 32, female and carry a phone in my front pocket. I'm not the type of woman to leave it in a purse. This only happens when I'm around my friends and their little kids.

I will be receiving the Passport tomorrow and I am 5'1. I'll have to see in person how big this phone really is to me. I have an actual passport [passport and Know the size it will be but the phone weight not yet.
    thedose, Mecca EL and m3mb3rsh1p like this.
    11-28-14 12:46 PM
    Perfect for the 5 year-old children hands.
    11-28-14 12:57 PM
    What about a Passport Micro? Put it on your keychain. Anyway, something to think about. Here's a full-size mock-up:

BlackBerry Passport Mini-passport-micro.png
    FSeverino likes this.
    11-28-14 01:02 PM
    I'm 32, female and carry a phone in my front pocket. I'm not the type of woman to leave it in a purse. This only happens when I'm around my friends and their little kids.

I will be receiving the Passport tomorrow and I am 5'1. I'll have to see in person how big this phone really is to me. I have an actual passport [passport and Know the size it will be but the phone weight not yet.
    Hmm... 5'1", no purse. I have to hear your impressions then.

I have a feeling you'll be shocked at first but then adore it in less than 60 seconds.
    11-28-14 01:08 PM
    Considering how wide this phone will be it's going to be a huge adjustment.
    11-28-14 01:15 PM
    Considering how wide this phone will be it's going to be a huge adjustment.
    I�m 6�0 and weight 250lbs and when I first saw it I said "*** that's big", but I�m here, 3 weeks from that and now I find my old iPhone 5s a miniature thing that I used to carry.

I think you will find the weight more unpleasant than the size of it.
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-28-14 01:50 PM
    I don't think a Passport Mini would be viable. Because any one who wants a Blackberry and thinks the Passport is too big would just wait for the Classic. I was one of those people until I held one in my hand and walked out with much lighter pockets. Also the design of the Passport Keyboard lends to the phone to be wider, that's what makes it such a good keyboard because of the size. If they made it any smaller the the keys would be very hard to use, can you imagine how small the space bar would be. I would be very surprised if they ever came out with one.
    ponpiri likes this.
    11-28-14 02:24 PM
58 123