A little serious video I made to see if the square 4.5 inch display screen of the Passport actually allows you to see "the bigger picture" as they claim in their slogan!
    Check out the video link:

BlackBerry Passport: Does it really Work Wide?-thumbnail.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 11:07 AM
    I showed my co-workers how an Excel spreadsheet looks on the Passport. I've never seen a bunch of dudes get so excited about Excel before. Tons of real estate.
    02-23-15 11:23 AM
    I showed my co-workers how an Excel spreadsheet looks on the Passport. I've never seen a bunch of dudes get so excited about Excel before. Tons of real estate.
    I am not sure if Spreadsheets are the best example of "working." The only thing the Passport does is to display more of the spreadsheet than other phones. The passport does not allow for more functionality within the spreadsheet.

"Working" should be more about functionality, than in the visual. For a phone that is touted as a business phone, BlackBerry has been woefully lacking.

Take a look at the calculator on our business phone. The idea that the Blackberry calculator does not display the "coma" to delimit thousands and millions, is laughable.

A better slogan would be "Show More" rather than "Work Wide."

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BB Adict; 02-25-15 at 06:02 PM.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-23-15 11:44 AM
    I am not sure if Spreadsheets are the best example of "working." The only thing the Passport does is to display more of the spreadsheet than other phones. The passport does not allow for more functionality within the spreadsheet.

"Working" should be more about functionality, than in the visual. For a phone that is touted as a business phone, BlackBerry has been woefully lacking.

Take a look at the calculator on our business phone. The idea that the Blackberry calendar does not display the "coma" to delimit thousands and millions, is laughable.

Posted via CB10
    Wow! Its sad bad you are 100% right.
    Btw docs2go is BAD for business!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 03:18 PM

Take a look at the calculator on our business phone. The idea that the Blackberry calendar does not display the "coma" to delimit thousands and millions, is laughable.

Posted via CB10
    Why do you need comas?

Grasping a bit there!

 Z10
    02-23-15 04:43 PM
    A little serious video I made to see if the square 4.5 inch display screen of the Passport actually allows you to see "the bigger picture" as they claim in their slogan!
    Check out the video link:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	1423 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	336275

Posted via CB10
    Nice one, pal ! Did you ever think to contact someone at BlackBerry to propose them your services ? Except if you have already a job you like...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 05:19 PM
    Nice video. Great job. I would agree with one of the comments about the calculator. It amazing how this is the bussiness phone and the calculator is something far from bussiness oriented in my opinion. However the rest of the phone rocks

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 05:40 PM
    I don't get it. What are you supposedly seeing more of? Messages in landscape look the same on both devices. So do maps, youtube, and photos. Is it that like in pictures because you have to go through the misery of rotating the phone to see as much ore more of the photo? Videos should't really be shown as the Passport is not a good phone to watch videos on. Also, shouldn't you really compare it to the iPhone 6plus? That's really more of a flagship to flagship comparison.

I'm actually curious here. On the YouTube website you can see the same amount of info in portrait on both phones as well as in maps. Why are you double tapping to zoom in on either of those sites on the iPhone to make it look like you can't see as much? I just don't know what we are supposed to be seeing here. Just asking.
    Last edited by donnation; 02-23-15 at 07:49 PM.
    grydlok likes this.
    02-23-15 06:14 PM
    It's wide. That's all.

Posted from an ME173X
    02-23-15 06:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    I disagree. I find out calculator to be the best. It shows your history and you can select results and numbers within your history and use them.

I showed this to non BlackBerry 10 users and they were like whaaaaaaat?! =?+ the husband tried on his iPhone and was like, why doesn't my phone do that?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, work wide is much more appropriate. The point is that on the most common smartphone screen formats out there doing serious work on things like spreadsheets is very tedious. When you need to edit spreadsheet on an iPhone 6 a big chunk of screen real estate is taken up by the virtual keyboard; Even in landscape mode on most phones there's so little vertical screen real estate that most people resort to tablets or laptops for serious work. Imagine the monitor you use at work, now cut it in half and see how much you can accomplish.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:22 PM
    Great job! I don't have a passport but the video is good at showing the reduced screen while typing on a virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by marksf941; 02-23-15 at 10:56 PM.
    02-23-15 10:41 PM
    He's reaching with the 'people don't switch to landscape mode OTG'. Yes, they do. Also, a better comparison would be with the iPhone 6+ or the Note 3 or 4. Honestly, if you like all-touch, I'd get one of those devices (though I like the Z30 too).

I do like a PKB, and I love the form-factor of the Passport, so I use one. I also find that the wide screen is useful to me (viewing docs and spreadsheets). I even find that entering data on spreadsheets is possible on this phone, and is pretty easy because of the wide screen. So yes, the 'work wide' slogan seems to work for me.

However, compare the Passport screen to a comparably large phone like the iPhone 6+ or the Note 4 and when the keyboards are deployed, I'd say that they're allowing about the same viewing surface - except that the two phones without the PKB allow you to also use the whole screen if you don't need the keyboard up. The Passport won't, of course.
    02-24-15 06:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    You're not factoring in the keyboard. On an iPhone for example, you see less of the spreadsheet when you view. However if it becomes necessary to actually work rather than just view, the keyboard is going to take up even more of the screen. Whereas on the passport you can begin typing with the same view. I'd be lying if I said it was a pleasant experience to edit a spreadsheet on any phone, but if you have to for work a lot as I do, the passport is a godsend.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 06:44 AM
    Why do you need comas?

Grasping a bit there!

 Z10
    Perhaps you can't count that high, nor had to ever use large numbers. In that case, it would not matter to you.
    02-25-15 06:07 PM

Take a look at the calculator on our business phone. The idea that the Blackberry calculator does not display the "coma" to delimit thousands and millions, is laughable.

Posted via CB10
    Commas? Where are you, 1983?
    02-25-15 06:22 PM
    It's wide. That's all.

Posted from an ME173X
    Do you lay awake at night creating these tidbits of information?
    02-25-15 06:33 PM
    Do you lay awake at night creating these tidbits of information?
    I'm awake at night because I'm a bloodsucking vampire! Blablablah! :-D

Posted from a D618
    02-26-15 12:38 AM