Is there any news on the next version of Passport or Classic?
    It would be a dream phone if they launch blackberry classic with the specs of passport, including the passport keyboard..

Posted via CB10
    anon(8640806) likes this.
    01-30-15 11:26 PM
    C'mon, they only just released these two phones! I bet you will ask the same question when they release Passport and Classic "2" - ' is there any news on Passport and Classic 3? If you like what you see then buy them. No point looking too into the future!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 01:57 AM
    BBM Chen .
    01-31-15 06:22 AM
    Folks are already looking toward anything other then what BlackBerry is offering now.

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-31-15 06:57 AM
    Well they do need a Classic with beefier internals.
    01-31-15 07:31 AM
    Why do they need a beefier classic?? The classic has a bigger screen than bold 9900, faster processor's by a lot, more ram, more on board storage etc....

The classics specs exceed what corporate clients want already. When your ceo and looking at buying your employees phones you don't compare the phone to anything other than then the previous generation of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    thekidshop likes this.
    01-31-15 07:35 AM
    Why do they need a beefier classic?? The classic has a bigger screen than bold 9900, faster processor's by a lot, more ram, more on board storage etc....

The classics specs exceed what corporate clients want already. When your ceo and looking at buying your employees phones you don't compare the phone to anything other than then the previous generation of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah all those companies that are switching from BlackBerry to other brands aren't comparing the new BlackBerry devices to the other brand's specs, prices and price to spec ratio.....

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 08:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    To run Android apps. Several reviewers have complained about the Classic's performance.
    01-31-15 08:24 AM
    To run Android apps. Several reviewers have complained about the Classic's performance.
    Not surprising. Android on my Z10 sucked with the same processor as the Classic. Z30 is much better. Can't believe they would release any new device with that processor.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 09:41 AM
    Not surprising. Android on my Z10 sucked with the same processor as the Classic. Z30 is much better. Can't believe they would release any new device with that processor.

Posted via CB10
    particularly given Android apps are their solution to the App Gap.
    01-31-15 10:02 AM
    Well they do need a Classic with beefier internals.
    The Classic is a business device. It performs well for what it's designed to do and a good price point for a quality device. Passport or maybe other models, yes, but not the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 07:08 PM
    The Classic is a business device. It performs well for what it's designed to do and a good price point for a quality device. Passport or maybe other models, yes, but not the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    iPhone 6 is a business device too, as GOOD is reporting that it represents 17% of new activations.... 85% were the 6 and 15% the 6+. So I'm not sure that you have to go cheap to meet the needs of enterprise. iOS makes up 69% of the "net activations", so at least in the business world that GOOD deals with - iOS is beating Android with their 29% share.

Don't know what GOOD's marketshare of the MDM is, as BES still owns this market, - but they also reported 731% growth activations.

Also the iPhone 6 has helped Apple push past Andoid in sales here in the US.... which will only help to further help Apple with their push into the business world....

Attachment 331977
    02-05-15 10:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    The 9900 is also a good business device.
    02-05-15 08:06 PM
    You ain't lying. I wish I was knowledgeable enough to write software for the 9900. The app GrowBuddy is an great tool when your growing fruit, medicine, vegetables, etc. I would buy about 8 of them for my employees to use while they worked the gardens.

I'm saying that because I can get them brand new for the Sprint network for under $100 on Ebay.

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    02-06-15 07:25 AM
    iPhone 6 is a business device too, as GOOD is reporting that it represents 17% of new activations.... 85% were the 6 and 15% the 6+. So I'm not sure that you have to go cheap to meet the needs of enterprise. iOS makes up 69% of the "net activations", so at least in the business world that GOOD deals with - iOS is beating Android with their 29% share.

Don't know what GOOD's marketshare of the MDM is, as BES still owns this market, - but they also reported 731% growth activations.

Also the iPhone 6 has helped Apple push past Andoid in sales here in the US.... which will only help to further help Apple with their push into the business world....

Attachment 331977
    Sure the ios numbers are higher with GOOD... why would you have a BlackBerry on GOOD? Also, companies buy the expensive iphones because they don't think the BlackBerry phones are an option and really don't want android. If a cheaper model iphone was made for business it would sell better. What company wouldn't want to save a couple hundred dollars per employee?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 09:54 AM
    Sure the ios numbers are higher with GOOD... why would you have a BlackBerry on GOOD? Also, companies buy the expensive iphones because they don't think the BlackBerry phones are an option and really don't want android. If a cheaper model iphone was made for business it would sell better. What company wouldn't want to save a couple hundred dollars per employee?

Posted via CB10
    No BlackBerry is pretty much only used with BES, and BlackBerry isn't really sharing any info - as I don't think they have much that is really positive to talk about anymore. But GOOD is a big player and is getting bigger... I was pointing out that Apple does make devices that some see as good business grade products.

And Apple has less expensive devices than the iPhone 6, and those are the bulk of the iOS activations. But if a little more expensive device better meets a companies needs, they do seem to be willing to pay more for it. Yes everyone wants to save money, I just think that too many hear equate the cheapness of the CLASSIC with what Enterprise wants and can afford. If you provide a better product that can perform a task that is "desired", then maybe the price isn't the factor that so many think it is. I'm beginning to wonder if the Passport might not outsell the Classic...
    02-06-15 10:32 AM
    No BlackBerry is pretty much only used with BES, and BlackBerry isn't really sharing any info - as I don't think they have much that is really positive to talk about anymore. But GOOD is a big player and is getting bigger... I was pointing out that Apple does make devices that some see as good business grade products.

And Apple has less expensive devices than the iPhone 6, and those are the bulk of the iOS activations. But if a little more expensive device better meets a companies needs, they do seem to be willing to pay more for it. Yes everyone wants to save money, I just think that too many hear equate the cheapness of the CLASSIC with what Enterprise wants and can afford. If you provide a better product that can perform a task that is "desired", then maybe the price isn't the factor that so many think it is. I'm beginning to wonder if the Passport might not outsell the Classic...
    I honestly love my passport. People can say Im a BB fanboy or whatever... but I have done so much, as a teacher, on my passport that I wasnt apple to do with my iphone. I can access full website versions of a lot of the services and tools that teachers usually need laptops for... and I see everything! I dont even use apps because they are usually watered down version of the websites. it is a GREAT tool in the classroom.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    02-09-15 01:55 PM