Any chance @blackberrymobile would make an Android Passport you think? It would be THE phone of all phones!

Let me know what you guys think
    01-28-18 03:46 PM
    Any chance @blackberrymobile would make an Android Passport you think? It would be THE phone of all phones!

Let me know what you guys think
    I'm IN.......WOOF
    01-28-18 03:57 PM
    Zero. 1:1 ratio screens aren't allowed under the Google Play Store license because most apps aren't written to support or scale to square screens. BB tried with the original PP and canceled the project after it became clear that it wouldn't work. It's been discussed at length many times here.
    forrestishmael likes this.
    01-28-18 04:00 PM
    I bashed the PP when I saw the leaks only to eat crow when it came out. Me and a Rogers Rep I deal with agree it was the ultimate phone. Although the camera was its weakness, future models could have upgraded it. Using a K1 and miss my PP all the time.
    BigAl_BB9900 and Qorax like this.
    01-28-18 05:18 PM
    OMG another one of these thread.......
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-28-18 07:34 PM
    I'm still waiting for the BB10 Playbook. 😂
    01-28-18 07:45 PM
    A 9900 running Android Oreo!
    Best BlackBerry ever! 😵😵😵
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-28-18 07:51 PM
    I knew you guys won’t believe it.But some of the passport prototype do running android.
    01-29-18 03:41 AM
    I knew you guys won’t believe it.But some of the passport prototype do running android.
    We've seen it. Someone on this forum actually bought it. But BlackBerry made him return it to them.

Android screen ratios need to be 3:2 at a minimum. So a Passport would have to be a lot taller in order to maintain its width.

That said, it would still be my dream phone. I sure miss mine.
    01-29-18 04:35 AM
    Zero. 1:1 ratio screens aren't allowed under the Google Play Store license because most apps aren't written to support or scale to square screens. BB tried with the original PP and canceled the project after it became clear that it wouldn't work. It's been discussed at length many times here.
    That said, my friend has a Keyone and he sometimes has a window that pops up with inputs fields that is cut off at the bottom.

Also when playing games it's not always displayed correctly so to say you can't is a stretch. .

Many android app display and work well on the Passport and they were not designed for it. Perhaps they just won't and that the final stubborn decisions by Google.
    Probably as simple as that
    Qorax likes this.
    01-29-18 04:42 AM
    We've seen it. Someone on this forum actually bought it. But BlackBerry made him return it to them.

Android screen ratios need to be 3:2 at a minimum. So a Passport would have to be a lot taller in order to maintain its width.

That said, it would still be my dream phone. I sure miss mine.
    Return?That's mean. Still left some in China.
    01-29-18 05:27 AM
    Return?That's mean. Still left some in China.
    You should buy one and post a review on CB.
    01-29-18 07:24 AM

Everyone believes you. You said it yourself... they were prototypes... and super old news lol.

https://crackberry.com/rare-blackber...es-sale-kijiji
    Qorax likes this.
    01-29-18 10:51 AM
    That said, my friend has a Keyone and he sometimes has a window that pops up with inputs fields that is cut off at the bottom.

Also when playing games it's not always displayed correctly so to say you can't is a stretch. .

Many android app display and work well on the Passport and they were not designed for it. Perhaps they just won't and that the final stubborn decisions by Google.
    Probably as simple as that
    I don't think very many Android devices use a 3:2 display so developers probably aren't testing for them like they would for 16:9 or 4:3 ratios.

Support for 1:1 was a collaboration between Google and BlackBerry but they both decided to cancel it. I suspect the issues you've mentioned with apps on the Keyone could be part of it, if developers aren't supporting 3:2 well then 1:1 support would probably be just as bad, maybe even worse.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/27/w...ered-passport/
    01-29-18 01:18 PM
    This would have been the next best thing since sliced bread. Alas!
    01-30-18 12:38 AM
    OMG another one of these thread.......
    It's what keeps CB going! Without these same threads over, and over, and over... this place would be crickets.

They have no clue that what made Passport great was the OS10. Put an android on Passport, it won't be any better than Priv (possibly worse) or Key One. There is nothing that can help fix Android. It just simply cannot compete with OS10 in terms of stability, predictable behavior, and buttery smooth HUB operation, not to mention perfect integration of mail into system.
    bugzie and crd2016 like this.
    01-30-18 10:31 AM
    It's what keeps CB going! Without these same threads over, and over, and over... this place would be crickets.

They have no clue that what made Passport great was the OS10. Put an android on Passport, it won't be any better than Priv (possibly worse) or Key One. There is nothing that can help fix Android. It just simply cannot compete with OS10 in terms of stability, predictable behavior, and buttery smooth HUB operation, not to mention perfect integration of mail into system.
    Honestly, with my short experience with BB10, I found the standby battery pretty terrible, which shocked me cause everyone's raving about how it's the best OS ever.
    01-30-18 11:57 AM
    Honestly, with my short experience with BB10, I found the standby battery pretty terrible, which shocked me cause everyone's raving about how it's the best OS ever.
    Should be a device related issue. I could keep my phone in stand by for 3 days and it wouldn't drain much. The main problem is listening to music or playing games, that would drain a lot.

Also the phone will drain a lot on first few days until it settles. Hub takes up a lot of processing power to get the sync going, contacts, emails, multiple accounts. For reference, I ran 4 personal accounts plus 2 exchange accounts with all of them syncing contacts, tasks, emails, etc.. I never had issues with drain on stanby. There wer also "bad" OS releases, if you used autoloader, there might have been an issue with wrong OS loaded on the device.

Yes, it is/was the best OS ever for productivity.
    01-30-18 12:49 PM
    Should be a device related issue. I could keep my phone in stand by for 3 days and it wouldn't drain much. The main problem is listening to music or playing games, that would drain a lot.

Also the phone will drain a lot on first few days until it settles. Hub takes up a lot of processing power to get the sync going, contacts, emails, multiple accounts. For reference, I ran 4 personal accounts plus 2 exchange accounts with all of them syncing contacts, tasks, emails, etc.. I never had issues with drain on stanby. There wer also "bad" OS releases, if you used autoloader, there might have been an issue with wrong OS loaded on the device.

Yes, it is/was the best OS ever for productivity.
    For example, when I unplugged my Priv and a Classic at 100%, leave them both on airplane mode with power saving mode and no apps running, I would wake up after 8 hours and find the Priv still at 100%, and the Classic at 98%.
    A previous classic (ok the battery had more charge cycles on it) drained 10% overnight. That to me is unacceptable standby drain.
    01-30-18 02:42 PM
    For example, when I unplugged my Priv and a Classic at 100%, leave them both on airplane mode with power saving mode and no apps running, I would wake up after 8 hours and find the Priv still at 100%, and the Classic at 98%.
    A previous classic (ok the battery had more charge cycles on it) drained 10% overnight. That to me is unacceptable standby drain.
    So it's comparable.
    As for previous classic, as you can see variance comes from different battery state, older battery quicker drain.

Also don't rely on 2% variance, that's nothing.
    01-30-18 02:48 PM
    So it's comparable.
    As for previous classic, as you can see variance comes from different battery state, older battery quicker drain.

Also don't rely on 2% variance, that's nothing.
    Well, besides the overnight idle, I just sold a used classic that had about 100 charge cycles on it (there's a native BBW app that monitors it) and while I understand that having and especially using many Android apps on a BB10 will cause quicker drain, my optimized Priv destroyed that Classic. I tried to use it as a primary and Priv as secondary, but went back to Priv in less than 24 hours cause first of all it was so damn slow (understandable) and the battery was fairly sucky.
    01-30-18 03:53 PM
    Hey dudes.

Recently ... i can not sleep.

And its only because of me dreaming about Passport 2 ...

And when i saw this topic yet again .... I just need to understand what was the problem to make something like in the pictures. There was enough resolution in any case.... Passport was a multitasking and task to task beast !

The pictures is a question .... why ?!BlackBerry Passport 2 running Android-solution.jpg

P.s. SOME ONE GO CROWED FUNDED (
    02-17-18 11:28 AM
    isn't that LG Android phone from 4 years ago of a similar dimensions?
    02-17-18 10:45 PM
    isn't that LG Android phone from 4 years ago of a similar dimensions?
    LG made an all-touch phone with a 3:4 ratio screen (the LG Vu 3) that was roughly the PP's dimensions, yes, but obviously there wouldn't be room for a PKB on such a phone.

valer466 likes this.
    02-18-18 09:17 PM
    LG made an all-touch phone with a 3:4 ratio screen (the LG Vu 3) that was roughly the PP's dimensions, yes, but obviously there wouldn't be room for a PKB on such a phone.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...28White%29.jpg

https://m.phonegg.com/33/3348b-2.jpg
    A slider passport could be workable. But only if it sold for 1200$ to recover costs lol.
    02-19-18 01:29 AM
36 12