Ok, what I mean is a square 4 inch diagonal screen. Hope that is correct.

Via CB10 on a Q5
    10-07-14 04:59 AM
    Ok, what I mean is a square 4 inch diagonal screen. Hope that is correct.

Via CB10 on a Q5
    That is something I want to see. The current Passport device is waaaay to big for me. Classic with Passports specs is what I dream of (I can live with 720x720 res).

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-07-14 10:29 AM
    I hope Classic 2 will be the same size as Classic 1 but with top-end specs inside and a higher res screen. That will be awesome. And it works out, my contract won't be up until mid next year, I'm buying the Classic unlocked when it comes out, then I'll upgrade to the Classic 2 when that comes out. :-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-08-14 05:37 PM
    I hope Classic 2 will be the same size as Classic 1 but with top-end specs inside and a higher res screen. That will be awesome. And it works out, my contract won't be up until mid next year, I'm buying the Classic unlocked when it comes out, then I'll upgrade to the Classic 2 when that comes out. :-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Totally agree. While I likely won't go back to a PKB device, a Classic with high end specs would be tempting.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-08-14 07:48 PM
    Just give me a passport shaped all touch with same specs and 1440x1920 screen, or a new all touch with the same internals and 1080x1920 screen to upgrade from my z10. They have fully converted me from being a PKB user of over 10 years with the Z line, now need to still cater to these people that don't want to go back to PKB. And no a Z30 is too late in life cycle.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-09-14 10:24 AM
    Amen. Give me a passport with a touch screen and I'm all over it yesterday!

I BlackBerry therefore I am.
    10-09-14 12:07 PM
    Just give me a passport shaped all touch with same specs and 1440x1920 screen, or a new all touch with the same internals and 1080x1920 screen to upgrade from my z10. They have fully converted me from being a PKB user of over 10 years with the Z line, now need to still cater to these people that don't want to go back to PKB. And no a Z30 is too late in life cycle.

I totally agree. I'm likely a touch user for life now. I hope they will release a high end all touch with the Passport's specs. I hope it isn't the same size as the Passport, however. I just find the Passport too wide. I'd prefer something along the lines of the Z30's size, but as you said the Z30 is too late in the cycle for me to purchase.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-09-14 08:17 PM
    Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:53 AM
    Yeah, it's a big mistake in my view. Looks like BlackBerry is repeating it's past mistake and once again underestimating the importance of the touch screen.
    I don't think they are underestimating their importance so much as recognising that they are not in the position to make people switch from an all-touch ios/android device to an all-touch bb10, the passport still provided a bigger screen phone for those that wanted one while also doing something different and for now that is what they need to be doing.
    10-12-14 06:49 AM
    Unfortunately, the market is not big enough for a higher end all-touch model to be a profitable product just based on existing z users, so they have had to step back into their pkb niche for now in order to grow back up again.
    10-12-14 06:55 AM
    Unfortunately, the market is not big enough for a higher end all-touch model to be a profitable product just based on existing z users, so they have had to step back into their pkb niche for now in order to grow back up again.
    So they should ignore all the customers they migrated and let them move on to other platforms, likely never to return? They did that with the PlayBook and will likely never be able to release another tablet because of how they treated those customers.

eldricho likes this.
    10-12-14 08:18 AM
    "but Chen states that the company will address the criticisms that the Passport is difficult to use with one hand."
    He's probably talking about the upcoming Victoria/Visa described in the "New patent for a hybrid device" thread in this forum, the one that looks like a slim 16:9 shape with a semi-slideout 3-row keyboard suitable for one hand use. Therefore the N4BB report is misleading and misinterpreted Chen as saying, in such a short interval, there will be a followup to the Passport proper, which is a wide form factor with fixed 3-row keyboard for 2 hand use.

Nevertheless, "visa" and "passport" have a logical connection do they not?

PS My prediction: there will indeed be a Passport 2 as evidenced by the strong early sold-out-of-inventory interest, but it won't be until 2016.
    Last edited by startac7868; 10-12-14 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Added the PS.
    10-12-14 09:12 AM
    If the Passport is successful, and do far the early indications are that it will be, it will have a halo effect on other BlackBerry phones. People who would not have considered a new all-touch BlackBerry phone will give it consideration because the Passport has made BlackBerry 'cool' again.

Posted via my Z30
    jsbenny likes this.
    10-12-14 09:23 AM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Both Passport and upcoming Classic will prove to be very successful transformational products for BlackBerry....

This will be the catalyst for follow up innovative products in 2015 and beyond.

Bb10 is really solid and improving with each new iteration.....

Well done CEO Chen!

From my amazing Passport

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-13-14 07:21 PM
    Full touch passport and we sorted. The passport shortness is really nice.Passport made full touch would really give you that phablet feel.Instead of longer phones that the current phablets do.And it makes far more sense really the non conventional shape.Since its half phone half tablet.
    10-26-14 06:02 PM
    Yes, I too would love to see an All Touch Passport.

4:3 ratio at its best.

With the "wide" movement...... all touch PP would be ideal for Whole page viewing!!!
    (and catch the attention of the 16:9 multimedia crowd)
    10-26-14 07:01 PM
    Yes, I too would love to see an All Touch Passport.

4:3 ratio at its best.

With the "wide" movement...... all touch PP would be ideal for Whole page viewing!!!
    (and catch the attention of the 16:9 multimedia crowd)
    http://www.thestreet.com/story/12927...obile-era.html

LG Optimus Vu has been there. You'd think it's almost a copycat Passport without the keyboard. But now that the Passport has proven popular, I don't see the reason why they shouldn't*... it's not just another Android after all...

I might totally buy that ;-)

-----------

*(another aspect ratio for devs... iPad style, but might not be too hard to do)

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    10-27-14 01:47 AM
    http://www.thestreet.com/story/12927...obile-era.html

LG Optimus Vu has been there. You'd think it's almost a copycat Passport without the keyboard. But now that the Passport has proven popular, I don't see the reason why they shouldn't*... it's not just another Android after all...

I might totally buy that ;-)

-----------

*(another aspect ratio for devs... iPad style, but might not be too hard to do)

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    Exactly....the Passport has been putting BB10 OS and shape on the map, moreso than previous BB10 devices (unfortunately).... and a big 4:3ish phone, running BB10 would be amazing, imo.

I'm aware of the LG Vu has had this form factor already....but let's face it, it never gained any traction to be noticed, let alone, be aknowledged for the OS....
    10-27-14 03:40 PM
    i think we could talk about Osbourne effect for a company that is doing well and must sell as much devices as it can (Apple for example, they have to sell at least as many iphone 6 as they did with the former iphone).
    For Blackberry the goal is different (find out if they can earn money on hardware, they need 475.000 devices sold, and they made 200.000 pre orders in 48H...) it is a way to underline 2 things:
    1- the Passport is a great success, way over what they expected
    2- they will be here at least for a sequel of the new phones, Blackberry is not dead.
    By the way i appreciate the way Mr Chen communicates, it can sometimes feel like clumsy or not totally controlled but it is way better than the mechanical speakers reeling off their "thrilled.... fantastic...revolution....better we ever made..."
    I agree. Chen is refreshing to listen to in interviews. I have great confidence in BlackBerry going forward simply because of Chen--mostly for his successes with BlackBerry this past year, but partly for his candor and confidence.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and BroncoVAL like this.
    10-27-14 11:35 PM
44 12