I was talking to a friend of mine that works for a large Verizon dealer and he stated that Verizon corporate is pushing management to put a BlackBerry on every representatives hip. His reasoning behind this was they are trying to get their representatives excited about the new technology but also move away from putting an iphone into every customers hand. The margins are tiny on the iphone and the carriers don't jump for joy when they are selling them over every other phone. He stated they tried a similar strategy with Windows 8 phones but they didn't have the name like BlackBerry behind them. He said if you tell a customer to look at the new BlackBerry they are going to recognize the name and it sparks some interest. Just my two cents, read the news story and spoke with him and it made sense.
    zyben and web99 like this.
    03-15-13 09:48 AM
    I was talking to a friend of mine that works for a large Verizon dealer and he stated that Verizon corporate is pushing management to put a BlackBerry on every representatives hip. His reasoning behind this was they are trying to get their representatives excited about the new technology but also move away from putting an iphone into every customers hand. The margins are tiny on the iphone and the carriers don't jump for joy when they are selling them over every other phone. He stated they tried a similar strategy with Windows 8 phones but they didn't have the name like BlackBerry behind them. He said if you tell a customer to look at the new BlackBerry they are going to recognize the name and it sparks some interest. Just my two cents, read the news story and spoke with him and it made sense.
    I think that the margin may be something that works in favour for BB. Im not sure of the exact margin, but I know that it must be higher than iPhone... so even if carriers push it a little more than iPhone because of that it will be a huge help. Any market share away from Apple or Android will be a huge success, and with android going higher and higher it may be Apple and BB battling for Second Place pretty soon.
    03-15-13 09:53 AM
    According to this site BlackberryVzla: BlackBerry recibe una compra de 1 mill�n de dispositivos BlackBerry 10 para Venezuela, the 1 million order was placed by Brighstar Venezuela
    If there are 1 million sales in venezuela that is great! Wikipedia says the population is 30 million, making 1 million a GREAT start!
    03-15-13 09:56 AM
    Ernst & Young is one of the so-called big 4 auditing accounting firm.
    It is one of the big four, there is nothing so-called about it.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:06 AM
    I agree, but I think that the fact that ANYONE is committing to 1 Million after BB was basically written off is something really good to see. Like I said, it would be BETTER if it was a company, but 1 million is 1 million... and after companies started ditching PB and harping on OS7 this is a turn in the right direction.

Also, something to note... the article I read said 1 million BB10 DEVICES. This can either mean it was Z10 and Q10 combined or they just used 'BB 10 Device' as a stock way to say Z10 and also get the BB10 name out. If it is Z10 and Q10 I would say that is a little underwhelming because that would mean a lot less sales for Z10 (assuming that if it is AT&T and they saw good sales on Z10 they would order more Z10 but also a lot more Q10 bc of the keyboard popularity)
    right, i made mention of that before that i doubt is 1 million z10s. I am fairly sure its 1 million Zs, Qs and maybe the next tablet even.
    03-15-13 10:07 AM
    The margin is so small on the iphone that owners of said retail Verizon store weren't as happy as you would think they were when they were given the green light to sell the iphone. I see the post below states it is Brightstar Venezuela that ordered these devices, still a great sign either way. Can't wait to get my pre-order white Z10!
    03-15-13 10:23 AM
    are you just catching on to this? BBRY has been riddled with ridiculous trades and gains/loses for 'no reason'
    The losses have mostly been triggered by poor management decisions at BlackBerry, formerly known as Research In Motion, particularly during the period prior to Thorsten Heins officially taking the role of chief executive. As for the gains, they are usually preceded by positive speculation by financial analysts in their "research notes", emotional loyalists, or an announcement by BlackBerry. The 'no reason' comes into play by anything apart from official announcements by the company.

The reported spike in share trades for BlackBerry approximately one hour in advance of the one million handset sale, as reported by CNBC, should be investigated but I am not claiming nefarious intentions; just investigate and report the facts.
    03-15-13 10:27 AM
    The losses have mostly been triggered by poor management decisions at BlackBerry, formerly known as Research In Motion, particularly during the period prior to Thorsten Heins officially taking the role of chief executive. As for the gains, they are usually preceded by positive speculation by financial analysts in their "research notes", emotional loyalists, or an announcement by BlackBerry. The 'no reason' comes into play by anything apart from official announcements by the company.

The reported spike in share trades for BlackBerry approximately one hour in advance of the one million handset sale, as reported by CNBC, should be investigated but I am not claiming nefarious intentions; just investigate and report the facts.
    Yes, there is no doubt about past mistakes. But stock dropping based on rumors or negative spin has been happening way too much for BB... it seems that people think getting BB stock is a quick way to earn money and once it goes up a couple percentage points they dump it, obviously made relevant by insider trading and other illegal stuff.

EDIT: I fully agree there are many good reasons for stock to have dropped in the past, but recently im not so sure of the reasoning
    03-15-13 11:59 AM
    right, i made mention of that before that i doubt is 1 million z10s. I am fairly sure its 1 million Zs, Qs and maybe the next tablet even.
    I hope it is only Z10 and Q10 because if the tablets are added into that that would further lower the number of phones, and right now BB NEEDS to sell phones
    03-15-13 12:12 PM
    I'm betting on a carrier in Latin America. I can't see to many other places (besides Southeast Asia) where a carrier would buy this many phones.
    03-15-13 12:29 PM
    Originally Posted by remmo
    According to this site BlackberryVzla: BlackBerry recibe una compra de 1 mill�n de dispositivos BlackBerry 10 para Venezuela, the 1 million order was placed by Brighstar Venezuela
    03-15-13 12:30 PM
    Microsoft is a MUCH bigger name than BlackBerry though? I like the concept, not sure it will work. AT&T did the same with the Lumia 920.
    03-15-13 12:49 PM
    I hope it is only Z10 and Q10 because if the tablets are added into that that would further lower the number of phones, and right now BB NEEDS to sell phones
    Why does it have to be Z's and Q's - BBRY said there would be a total of 6 phones offered this year?
    03-15-13 01:13 PM
    there must be something with my eyes because i kept reading BlackBerry Panther , instead of BlackBerry Partner lol
    03-15-13 02:02 PM
    Why does it have to be Z's and Q's - BBRY said there would be a total of 6 phones offered this year?
    Well if it's 1 million of 2 devices that is better than 1 million of 3 devices, because that means they still have to put in an order for the third device... which would make the order for three devices over 1 million

Basically it's a numbers game.

And also if they are ordering 1 million current devices that means they are jumping in now, whereas 1 million including a tablet that hasn't been announced means a staggered order

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 04:27 PM
    Originally Posted by remmo
    Go venezuela.Go blackberry.
    03-15-13 04:34 PM
    It does matter. A carrier like VZW or ATT will sell more than a million BB10 devices anyway. BUT it would be great if it was a company or US govt division because those arent sales that we already knew would be there. Its a huge commitment by someone that is the actually end user and not just reselling them.
    The fact that this is their biggest order bodes well for bb10 in the states as it would imply that the carrier that has made the order is going to be pushing bb10 and this will in turn force the other two to do likewise.

My money is still on this being VZW's initial order for bb10 devices, their reward for doing so was not a big discount it was an exclusive colour.
    03-16-13 05:54 AM
    i'm telling u, barack obama is pushing a Z10 or a Q10 to all the government staffs...
    he's happy that blackberry did world launching and will do another launching for the USA.
    he's a happy camper definitely with his blackberry that he's holding it during auguration day..

INSANITY is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting DIFFERENT RESULT
    03-16-13 06:21 AM
    Yes, there is no doubt about past mistakes. But stock dropping based on rumors or negative spin has been happening way too much for BB... it seems that people think getting BB stock is a quick way to earn money and once it goes up a couple percentage points they dump it, obviously made relevant by insider trading and other illegal stuff.

EDIT: I fully agree there are many good reasons for stock to have dropped in the past, but recently im not so sure of the reasoning
    True. Speculation is behind the stock price fluctuations and it will continue until official numbers are released by BlackBerry at the end of the quarter. BlackBerry seems to be doing most of the right things with BlackBerry 10. The company has an opportunity to regain its position as a market heavyweight.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-16-13 10:06 PM
    Sorry fanboys and girls but this news is far from celebration material.

A carrier, quite likely Verizon or AT&T ordered 1 million phones and probably over 1 year plus. Big deal! Those guys have 100 million customers each! That 1% of their customers!

So the reality that is that they expect Blackberry to actually continue to lose market share in the US because previously it was 3%. And who knows the terms of this order anyone? Maybe the carrier can send the merchandise back if it's unsold within a specified period?

It's over for Blackberry now, sorry to say. They will just get the Q10 out the door then go begging for someone to buy them, likely at a price well below $10 per share.

The Z10 is a decent phone but the S4 has sprinted miles ahead of them and when the next iPhone is released it will be lights out for Thor and the gang.

Lights out!
    03-17-13 04:20 PM
    Your speculation is much appreciated...but without proof its just hot air.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 04:29 PM
    Well if it's 1 million of 2 devices that is better than 1 million of 3 devices, because that means they still have to put in an order for the third device... which would make the order for three devices over 1 million

Basically it's a numbers game.

And also if they are ordering 1 million current devices that means they are jumping in now, whereas 1 million including a tablet that hasn't been announced means a staggered order

Posted via CB10
    I do understand that however I don't see anything in the announcement that says what's what. I don't believe based on recent comments from TH the 6 includes a tablet.
    03-18-13 08:48 PM
    I do understand that however I don't see anything in the announcement that says what's what. I don't believe based on recent comments from TH the 6 includes a tablet.
    Oh, im saying the same thing. We don't know yet I'm just saying that I hope it's a low number of devices (regardless of the device) because that means more orders in the future

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 05:26 PM
    I think it;s Ernts and Young a law firm that blackberry deals with
    its a CA firm, i work at EY

they don't have the employees for that size order.
    very true statement.

Ernst & Young is one of the so-called big 4 auditing accounting firm.
    They don't have more than 1 million employees either. I know quite a few gals working there.
    lol @ so called, it is one of big 4 along with pwc, kpmg and deloitte
    03-25-13 12:48 PM
    03-25-13 12:49 PM
175 ... 567