Ok, I know this has got to be on the wish list for every blackberry owner who have young kids.

Situation:
    You're eating out with friends and family and your little one starts acting up because you made him or her sit there for 45 minutes waiting for the food to arrive. You say to yourself, 'no problem, I have movies stored on my blackberry'. So you whip out your phone and startup the media player to load a video. Once it's playing you hand over your phone.

This is where the frustrating part comes in.

Your child starts pushing buttons. The next thing you know they stop the video and start screaming. So you stop your conversation, reach over and restart the video. Only to have to do this 10 more times! All the while wishing you had an app that would lock the keyboard/keys while playing/watching a videos.

Plea to blackberry developers.

Can you please develop a small app that will enable us parents to lock the keyboard and keys while watching a video on the blackberry? I would be ever so grateful.

-Peter
    03-03-09 05:12 PM
    Oh Peter.... I've so been there too

O/T... could you tell me how you save the videos on your SD card? I'm trying to find some videos online as I'm typing but can't seem to find any
    03-03-09 05:14 PM
    That sounds interesting in concept, but how would you stop the video if you needed to if your keyboard was totally locked out?

And this will tell you everything you need for getting videos on you berry:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ckberry-device
    03-03-09 05:34 PM
    Maybe make a certain key combination that makes the BB know your TRYING to use the keyboard?
    03-03-09 08:33 PM
    Yes.....please.....my six month old loves his saved videos, m.youtube vidoes, and putting his drooly fingers on both....
    03-04-09 12:10 AM
    During the video, it is utter bliss. They are like a deer in headlights

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 02:38 AM
    I gave my Son his own 8830 with no service but lots of games, vids, music and pics and some basic apps for calculating, learning dates and the memo pad for his abc, he has his own charger which sits where I can see the phone at nights when its bed time, and his own belt holster. Now he has no reason to touch my bold or my Wifes curve .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 05:38 AM
    I don’t have a kid of my own but I have a 1 1/2 year old niece. She love gadgets (just like her uncle ) I let her play with all of my old phones which I put a lot of her favorite movies on such as Dora and Blues clues. She loves it! She will be getting a bb when she is old enough.
    03-04-09 09:37 AM
    I really do not like the idea of my kids playing with my phone....but I like the old phone trick to get them to leave your phone alone.
    03-04-09 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD