After I left my Sidekick 2, I went BlackBerry and won't be switching to anything else as long as RIM exists!
    They still out there :-)
    08-26-12 06:07 AM
    Click to view quoted image

Well, I got my first BlackBerry device only slightly more than a year ago. But since then, I got so hooked that I wanted to try different devices, to see how each device stacks up against each other. To see the evolution of BlackBerry over the years.

In my country, the used phone market is tremendous, often I buy a device and try it for a period of time before selling it off. So I can't really take a "family photo" of the entire lot together, but I normally would take a quick snap as a momento. Well, except the Storm 9500, I got it of it the quickest, even before i could take a photo, so i grab a picture of it off the net instead. It was certainly an interesting device which I think was let down by the OS and processor, not the clickable screen.

Right now I only have a couple of them which i really like left. But frankly, if i could afford it, i would keep them all.
    My 13th different BB device. The Bold 9790. Some model I actually have more than 1, since occasionally i end up with a rotten berry and have to get a replacement.

Now on my 9790, i'm encountering Error 30801 on appworld. "Too many BB PIN switch on appworld in a year". Without realising, i've switched my PIN 15 times in the past year. Its past midnight here and the carrier's hotline is closed already, so now i'm unable to access my appworld at all.
    08-27-12 01:18 PM
    My 13th different BB device. The Bold 9790. Some model I actually have more than 1, since occasionally i end up with a rotten berry and have to get a replacement.

Click to view quoted image

Now on my 9790, i'm encountering Error 30801 on appworld. "Too many BB PIN switch on appworld in a year". Without realising, i've switched my PIN 15 times in the past year. Its past midnight here and the carrier's hotline is closed already, so now i'm unable to access my appworld at all.
    I guess you'll have to wait until they're open. That sucks.

Oh and rotten BlackBerry's can be revived if the OS is reloaded and a selective restore is done, with only what you need and everything else being excluded.
    08-27-12 01:23 PM
    I sold my BB Model 6250 2 years ago for fifty bucks, currently have Curve 8900 and Torch 9800 and 3 Pb's WiFi 32gig. I wonder if I will be able to also sell each of them for fifty bucks each after 10 years.....gotta luv it! RIM & Blackberry

How about selling one of those PB's now for 50 bucks, I haven't used a tablet and I could sure have more utility of that wonder PB. kidding man...
    08-27-12 01:54 PM
    I guess you'll have to wait until they're open. That sucks.

Oh and rotten BlackBerry's can be revived if the OS is reloaded and a selective restore is done, with only what you need and everything else being excluded.

yeah. That sucks. Can't enjoy my new 9790. Awesome phone though.

My rotten BlackBerry all had some form of hardware problem. So reloading didn't work, that's pretty much the first thing I always try. I still have a 9320 at the repair centre that has been there close to 2 weeks already. Guessing it should be ready for collection tomorrow.

Sent from RIMpire BlackBerry using the force
    08-27-12 03:31 PM
    yeah. That sucks. Can't enjoy my new 9790. Awesome phone though.

My rotten BlackBerry all had some form of hardware problem. So reloading didn't work, that's pretty much the first thing I always try. I still have a 9320 at the repair centre that has been there close to 2 weeks already. Guessing it should be ready for collection tomorrow.

Can I safely assume you reloaded without restoring anything but BBM and contacts? Since BIS and servicebooks come automatically once registered with BBID.
    08-27-12 03:34 PM
    At one time, they were all the 'must haves'....
    Photos all taken with trusty BB's as well
    08-27-12 03:43 PM
    Can I safely assume you reloaded without restoring anything but BBM and contacts? Since BIS and servicebooks come automatically once registered with BBID.

Yeah. I like to do a clean install. Doing a security wipe on phone before using jl_cmder to wipe again before reloading os (I know it might be a bit redundant, but its a habit).

I would only restore messages using BB protect. My contacts and calendar are synchronised with my gmail, so I only have to set up an email account and it will do the rest. Also my bbm contacts are backup using my gmail. That's about it. Apps I would download using appworld again to make sure its a clean install.

I'm quite anal with this type of things, even on my computers. If I just restore everything, it would have a higher chance of having the same issues.

Actually I'm just unlucky with these type of things. I have been to the repair center for HP, Sony ericsson, samsung, Apple, Motorola, and probably many more that I can't remember at this moment. Haha. I still love the build quality of RIM's products.

08-27-12 04:01 PM
    Oldies but goodies!
    08-30-12 03:31 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD