Do her patients know? You can't prescribe a beta blocker correctly with an Android device.
    Why a beta blocker...?

You're lucky to get any updates frequently... ;-P *rotfl*

•   10.3.3 - that's the go for me... ;-D   •
    12-31-16 06:48 PM
    Did I say something you did not know or like?
    I am merely pointing out to those who claim that bb10 can't be used for work, that they are wrong.

Check out what John McAfee has to say on what phones do.
    It's the most articulate argument for privacy and why it doesn't have to be traded off with security, that I have heard or read anywhere.

Start at 5:30

That doesn't mean that he doesn't enjoy life.
    Relax, have a glass of wine and celebrate the New Year.

Happy New Year!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-17 08:20 AM
    ML does have point on the Java... it is inherently slow and overhead heavy, hard to secure with bad app come from left right.... past is past, nothing can change that. Lets see if droid can win this time under BB - since it is on the slip slope in NA, at least last x'mas (note7 must impact the droid popularity). With pixel and BB (possibly nokia), hopefully BB will change the droid wild west landscape and put some control (virus, bad app, silly ads, security) in place. Personally, BB10 should be able to couple with hardware to make it a super phone. But I don't have the ears of chen ;-(.
    Linlithgow0 likes this.
    01-12-17 08:53 AM
    ML does have point on the Java... it is inherently slow and overhead heavy, hard to secure with bad app come from left right.... past is past, nothing can change that. Lets see if droid can win this time under BB - since it is on the slip slope in NA, at least last x'mas (note7 must impact the droid popularity). With pixel and BB (possibly nokia), hopefully BB will change the droid wild west landscape and put some control (virus, bad app, silly ads, security) in place. Personally, BB10 should be able to couple with hardware to make it a super phone. But I don't have the ears of chen ;-(.
    I don't think Android need wait on BB to "fix" it. The majority odd users sewn happy with it, even with your list of drawbacks (virus, bad app, silly ads, security).
    01-18-17 06:58 AM
    I don't think Android need wait on BB to "fix" it. The majority odd users sewn happy with it, even with your list of drawbacks (virus, bad app, silly ads, security).
    Google is in the process to fix it by getting into hardware... as for user happy or not, I believe you don't have choice - either iOS or droid due to app ecosystem. the drawback for droid system is no ownership on security - virus, bad app, silly ads, fake news, etc. Hardware just provide handset, software (google plus app developer) put the responsibility to user. You and many on CB possibly can take full responsiblity for the app you download and clean up handset routinely... but not average user. the current trend is to get them buy new handsets with high spec (RAM and on board memory mainly), latest droid software (like window keep moving 10+), rather than take control of the whole ecosystem. It is waste of resources, bandwidth, and expose to user at great risk... (with banking, financial move to handset, it is irresponsible if not criminal to put security in user hands... majority don't have a clue. i mean the application like this http://forums.appleinsider.com/discu...-canada#latest). IMHO.
    Last edited by stlabrat; 01-18-17 at 08:36 AM.
    01-18-17 07:45 AM
    The main reason some I know aren't happy with Android.... lack of updates and lack of compatibility with friends that are Apple users.

There was a time when someone could say I bought a NOTE because iPhones were too small. Or I bought a "X" Android because it has a huge battery that last all day. Or I bought a Galaxy because the hardware is better....

Now the main reason to buy and Android, is because it's cheaper. And few want to admit that was the reason they went with Android.

FaceTime
    iMessage (many don't know they are using, just that texting to other iDevices has advantages.
    Family Locator (wife says my next phone will be an iPhone just for this feature... oh boy)

Few reasons that I know several once Android users became unhappy and have recently both an iPhone. But none of the reasons that some here bring up were ever mentioned.
    01-18-17 11:57 AM
    The main reason some I know aren't happy with Android.... lack of updates and lack of compatibility with friends that are Apple users.

There was a time when someone could say I bought a NOTE because iPhones were too small. Or I bought a "X" Android because it has a huge battery that last all day. Or I bought a Galaxy because the hardware is better....

Now the main reason to buy and Android, is because it's cheaper. And few want to admit that was the reason they went with Android.

FaceTime
    iMessage (many don't know they are using, just that texting to other iDevices has advantages.
    Family Locator (wife says my next phone will be an iPhone just for this feature... oh boy)

Few reasons that I know several once Android users became unhappy and have recently both an iPhone. But none of the reasons that some here bring up were ever mentioned.
    Oh, I'm fairly sure the reasons brought up here won't ever be heard elsewhere LOL.

I use all the platforms, but my biggest gripes against iOS are truly vanishing. The ability to root Android had always been my biggest draw, but tellingly, my current daily driver (S7e) is the first Android device I used for a day without rooting. That's a testament to Android's relative maturity.

Then there is that whole ecosystem investment thing for me... now that I use a Chromebook, Google play is that more valuable to me.

I could adjust to iOS fairly well, just happy I really don't have to.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-18-17 02:23 PM
    If only bb10 can use all the android apps and games that would be great
    Linlithgow0 likes this.
    01-21-17 05:32 PM
    I think it's sad we have to adapt to the majority. Whoever had a Bberry, certainly appreciates how intuitive, performant and smart the OS is. I feel I'm navigating very quickly and my phone seems literally more intelligent than any ios/Android. Putting tech specs away, camera, games and all that bull****s, I want my phone to be organized. Sadly, such a great OS was beaten by the world of apps, cause I see no other reason why Bberry had to convert to Android..

Posted via CB10
    Tanya if the pic in your avatar is really you you're very hot. In any case, BB10 is not defeated, and the os lives on despite what the haters on cb may say to the contrary. Take a look around. Check the pics on instagram even. The hottest, coolest party people in in world are on BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry 10 continues to work day in and day out. I'm on a Q10, on BlackBerry 10. My BlackBerry 10 handset is a boss day in and day out.
    Linlithgow0 likes this.
    02-18-17 08:33 PM
    Tanya if the pic in your avatar is really you you're very hot. In any case, BB10 is not defeated, and the os lives on despite what the haters on cb may say to the contrary. Take a look around. Check the pics on instagram even. The hottest, coolest party people in in world are on BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry 10 continues to work day in and day out. I'm on a Q10, on BlackBerry 10. My BlackBerry 10 handset is a boss day in and day out.
    Wish those parties live on and the dingleberry crowd too hop on to such coolest party people :-/
    Linlithgow0 likes this.
    02-19-17 03:33 AM
    True. The flashing LED is, to me, the best BlackBerry feature. You never miss a message, even in "meeting mode", and can even tell who it is if customized.

BB, Still the One
    I love the notification LED, too! However, I find that it is annoying that I cannot disable the low battery LED notification on BB10 OS.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι¢т > 
    02-19-17 11:17 AM
    [...]

[...]
    Oh boy, truly, it looks like you're in trouble... ;-D

•   Mercurial greetings , hopefully coming soon to Planet Earth... :-D   •
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-20-17 02:03 AM
    Where are these BlackBerry party pics on instagram?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-17 08:45 PM
    This is what I thought; BB10 security with Android app reach. I sideloaded several Android apps on my phone and my boyfriend's. Little jenky, but they worked. I forced him back to BB after his frustration with Windows Phone and he recently cracked his Z30 screen and was SO bummed, I found him another screen; he loves the OS and phone now. (I have a white Q10, and bought a backup).

Reading here I had no idea the message notification LED wasn't on Android/iOS phones - is it on KeyOne? (God, what a stupid name!) There are so many things I take for granted from BB, like the rock solid construction. I dropped my Q10 on a tile floor and easily fixed the display by plugging in the ribbon cable that got jarred loose. Dropped it in the sink under running water, still works. I am amazed at the abuse my poor phone has taken and it is still a bloody champ.

I wish BB had prioritized apps and also ADVERTISED, especially after the Apple and Android hacking scandals. Why isn't BB in Men's Health, touting security? For a LOT of people that is number one; a friend didn't even think about it much until she had to get a new phone, bought a new Droid, and the second app she installed, (the one that lets you swipe to spell), had a Trojan that took control of her camera and apparently this is common and the app was on Google Play and she'd had it before. Then she started really thinking about security and what she puts on her phone and could it be compromised.

People didn't KNOW the potential of BB10 because BB did a **** job of telling anyone. Now they are an almost ran using Android and I wonder how they think they will compete when I am not seeing them advertised or pushed. The Android improvements they've done should be touted and really pressed, but I didn't even know about KeyOne until I came here after not checking in for a bit, and I'm signed up for emails from BB!

Am hoping the recent settlement with Qualcomm will give BB some breathing room to get back in the game.
    04-29-17 08:01 PM
    Chen's mission was to get out of the game.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 12:02 AM
    TRIM is a function needed for cleanup of the NAND storage so, that the OS knows that there is available space to write data to. It is found on Windows 7 and beyond; Android 6.0 and beyond; and I believe Apple as well. Without it, data reads go down to crawl similar to if a hard disk were to be filled up and no more space available. The only way to clean it up on BB10 as far as I know is a complete wipe and OS reinstall. This is why you may always hear that the BlackBerry devices run fast or zippy whenever the OSs are reinstalled. Between the lack of TRIM commands and the Android player running on top of an already crippled device it renders BB10 useless in my opinion.
    This.
    06-08-17 07:04 AM
141 ... 456