The Passport bends only in ways a serious business user world require.

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    Bending tools not toys?
    05-14-15 10:38 PM
    Bending tools not toys?
    It's not last post win thread!! I gave a honest hope to BlackBerry users regarding apps. What I have done wrong that IMore community is bashing this thread, blackberry and personal attacks on me? One users called me drunk some called inhaled!
    WE LOVE BlackBerry EVEN WE ARE MINORITY! NOBODY KNOWS WHEN MINORITY BECOME MAJORITY!

Keep calm and move on, at least don't try to revoke our rights to speak!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    MarsupilamiX, BB_PP and mskannath like this.
    05-15-15 06:00 AM
    It's not last post win thread!! I gave a honest hope to BlackBerry users regarding apps. What I have done wrong that IMore community is bashing this thread, blackberry and personal attacks on me? One users called me drunk some called inhaled!
    WE LOVE BlackBerry EVEN WE ARE MINORITY! NOBODY KNOWS WHEN MINORITY BECOME MAJORITY!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    We're just talking about phones, I wouldn't take things so personally or so seriously.
    GadgetTravel and TgeekB like this.
    05-15-15 06:10 AM

 Diplomatic Passport 

I think people are just saying that its unlikely and in all fairness you was the MAJORITY. Everything has its time in the sun but at least it makes the under dogs try harder so they can get back on top.
    05-15-15 06:12 AM
    As a Canadian, a BlackBerry user, and a guy who likes to see the underdog succeed, I want to see a fire breathing phoenix rise from the ashes and captivate a new handset market.

Let's consider what's truly important to be popular, or to be desired in today's day and age.

Apps help. Hardware specs help. But are these the real reasons?

I suggest phone choices for most revolve around looking cool, and to help people belong to and be a part of the "in" crowd. Right now, the "cool" folks have iPhones and Samsungs.

If you're spotted with a BlackBerry, you're probably considered dated, maybe a bit of a stuffy corporate or government type... but one thing BB does not say about you is "cool."

Thankfully, I don't feel my choice of phone enhances or diminishes my social status, any more than the brand-label on ny laptop bag. I'll use BlackBerry for as long as they make a phone I like to use. And for me, that happens to be something that helps me read through, and reply to, a huge number of messages and emails daily, as free from "embarrassing auto-correct fails" as possible.

I don't play games. And I don't crave additional apps, so app-gap is irrelevant. However, to the gaming app collector, worried about what his or her friends might think about the brand name of a phone - which is a majority of consumers - all the apps in the world may not be the answer. Being "cool" again might be.

So if you want to help BlackBerry succeed, own one, and be cool about it.

And for the love of Blackberry, please stop evangelizing and putting down the competition in an effort to make BlackBerry look better. That's not cool.

05-15-15 09:46 AM
    As a Canadian, a BlackBerry user, and a guy who likes to see the underdog succeed, I want to see a fire breathing phoenix rise from the ashes and captivate a new handset market.

Let's consider what's truly important to be popular, or to be desired in today's day and age.

Apps help. Hardware specs help. But are these the real reasons?

I suggest phone choices for most revolve around looking cool, and to help people belong to and be a part of the "in" crowd. Right now, the "cool" folks have iPhones and Samsungs.

If you're spotted with a BlackBerry, you're probably considered dated, maybe a bit of a stuffy corporate or government type... but one thing BB does not say about you is "cool."

Thankfully, I don't feel my choice of phone enhances or diminishes my social status, any more than the brand-label on ny laptop bag. I'll use BlackBerry for as long as they make a phone I like to use. And for me, that happens to be something that helps me read through, and reply to, a huge number of messages and emails daily, as free from "embarrassing auto-correct fails" as possible.

I don't play games. And I don't crave additional apps, so app-gap is irrelevant. However, to the gaming app collector, worried about what his or her friends might think about the brand name of a phone - which is a majority of consumers - all the apps in the world may not be the answer. Being "cool" again might be.

So if you want to help BlackBerry succeed, own one, and be cool about it.

And for the love of Blackberry, please stop evangelizing and putting down the competition in an effort to make BlackBerry look better. That's not cool.

Agreed but apps are very handy to get people on side and who doesn't love a good underdog story.
    05-15-15 11:39 AM
    how about a good nitro stout?
    I love RIS. Old Rasputin is my favorite!

Z30something
    extisis likes this.
    05-15-15 05:36 PM
    Lol pleb doesn't know About Google ads.

Attachment 352647

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my BBZ30
    None of those are official Google apps

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 07:54 PM
    I don't think they should have used the blackberry name for bb10, people feel like vomiting just by remembering the old devices. Unless they spend some serious cash in brand rehab, this thing is never going to take off.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-05-15 11:23 PM
    I don't think they should have used the blackberry name for bb10, people feel like vomiting just by remembering the old devices. Unless they spend some serious cash in brand rehab, this thing is never going to take off.

I get where your coming from but I disagree. I think the BB name is iconic. I don't think a rebranding is the answer. There may not be an answer.

06-05-15 11:30 PM
    How many BlackBerry 10 users? It's problem to lauch more apps!
    06-06-15 01:30 AM
    the passport bends too so why would that help?
    The Passport bends because of the slot for the USB jack, which prevents the steel frame from going around the whole phone. This weak spot allows for twisting rather than bending... :-)

(that's how I see it, and hope they fix it in the next iteration!)

�   Happy Queen's Birthday weekend...   �
    06-06-15 07:49 AM
    I get where your coming from but I disagree. I think the BB name is iconic. I don't think a rebranding is the answer. There may not be an answer.

The BlackBerry name was iconic, pre iPhone. But the name is inseparably tied to BBOS. BBOS is synonymous with battery pulls, spinning clocks, and no apps. When BlackBerry decided to use the name for the new phones, they needed to spend at least a Billion dollars in advertising to let people know that BB10 was not BBOS, and BlackBerry was now a modern device. They didn't, and the results speak for themselves. From 2008 to 2012-2013 a lot of damage was done to the brand and BlackBerry invested nothing to rehab it and delusionally believed that anything with the name BlackBerry on it would sell itself.

Posted via Z30
    JulesDB likes this.
    06-06-15 08:47 AM
    Its been a little over a year and the OP's very optimistic forward looking statements didn't turn out well.

Just wanted to mark the anniversary.
    jas1978, neoberry99 and GodGibson like this.
    05-14-16 08:01 AM
    Its been a little over a year and the OP's very optimistic forward looking statements didn't turn out well.

Just wanted to mark the anniversary.
    yep. nothing changed bb is still trying to survive in the smartphone space. developers are still not developing apps for bb.
    05-14-16 10:05 AM
    He's in therapy.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-14-16 01:04 PM
    With all of the negative comments on this topic, I want to say BlackBerry will find a new way to load any app or the equivalent of within a year. They will once again become the leader in the smartphone market. I've had this feeling for some time. Say what you will. Also the new slider will be awesome and the most popular phone so far. Stay positive, it only gets better.

Posted via CB10
    Positive vibes were not enough.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    05-14-16 05:00 PM
    Positive vibes were not enough.
    It was roughly august of 2015 I believe that the alarm bells started ringing in regards to the roadmap, or rather the lack of one...

Early 2015, I too was full of optimism like OP! Those days were great, come to think of it lol.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    05-14-16 05:46 PM
    It was roughly august of 2015 I believe that the alarm bells started ringing in regards to the roadmap, or rather the lack of one...

Early 2015, I too was full of optimism like OP! Those days were great, come to think of it lol.

Some would say the alarm bells went off in 2013-08-12 when Thor put the company up for sale.
    Others would say late 2014, when the developer road map disappeared.
    And yet others would agree with you.
    Some still think that an updated android runtime is coming in 10.3.3.
    And some optimistic souls are confident that a new BB10 device with Google Play Services is coming in 2017.
    One or two know in their hearts that the hypervisor will be BlackBerry's saviour.
    kbz1960, Ronindan, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    05-15-16 12:09 PM
    He's in therapy.
    Or may be suspended! Cause didn't see any new post from OP

05-15-16 01:26 PM
    Or may be suspended! Cause didn't see any new post from OP

Do a lot of people get banned on here?

05-15-16 01:42 PM

Yes! Never face a moderator

05-15-16 02:25 PM

Depends on your demener.
    05-15-16 02:29 PM
    Depends on your demener.
    As in "dee meaner the Mod", the more likely you are to be banned?
    kbz1960 and DrBoomBotz like this.
    05-15-16 03:19 PM
    As in "dee meaner the Mod", the more likely you are to be banned?
    You're banned!

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    kbz1960, JeepBB and f1mx like this.
    05-15-16 03:41 PM
289 ... 9101112