Yeah have no interest in a BlackBerry running Android as the base. Useless IMHO. I invested in QNX for reasons and Android with a BB10 skin is useless. I'd just go to regular Android or iOS.

Here are the issues if they go Android:

- The hardware is no different for BB10 or Android. So switching to Android isn't going to all the sudden make hardware cheaper or make the costs to BlackBerry cheaper. It also won't save them on development costs as now they have to customize and secure the monolithic kernel of Android.

- The BlackBerry name is garbage, even in Enterprise. It is has too much negativity tied to it. Switching to Android won't change this and BlackBerry will still have invest in be brand rehab and/or rebranding. They haven't done this before, so why would they do it if this happens.

- OK you have apps now, but no advertising, and have never been advertise a single thing effectively the entire time the company has been around. Who is going to know that BlackBerry switched to Android or what this new Franken10 OS is good for. Why would someone want to come to BlackBerry Android given how poorly BlackBerry has handled their own OS.

- How many OEMs are doing great with Android and making money. Samsung is even having issues now and they are the gold standard for Android. It is a race to the bottom OS and will eventually all be Chinese brands IMHO.

Anyway switching to Android will only fix one of BlackBerry's many problems and still leave a lit out there for them to address, and they haven't shown any desire to address those to this point and if people here say they don't have the resources to address them now with their own OS then they won't be able to address them a half year from now with another OS.

Posted via CB10
    Well said

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 01:06 PM
    I think the fans here should start requesting apps from its developers on their forum, blogs or their social account or even in the app review on app stores

Posted via CB10
    This is fine idea!!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-13-15 01:08 PM
    Yet you said you loaded Line, which isn't technically available on BlackBerry. So what if you had no way to get Line on your device? Now substitute Line for an app that someone else sees as important.

Posted via CB10
    I loaded Line for one friend of mine who stuck with IOS! Rest friends use BBM and skype! I HOPE I WILL BE ALIVE IF I HAVE NO WAY TO GET LINE....

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-13-15 01:11 PM
    Except that there is no evidence that the Blackberry apps will ever come. It doesn't matter why the apps aren't there nor how long it took for Android. There isn't much reason to develop apps for a platform that is under 1% market share, which I think describes Blackberry currently.
    I remember Android was once under 1% market share!!!!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-13-15 01:13 PM

 Diplomatic Passport 

Yes, when it was first introduced. It took the market share from companies like BB though.
    bakron1 likes this.
    05-13-15 01:16 PM
    Yes, when it was first introduced. It took the market share from companies like BB though.
    "Get and give" is the rule of market!!!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-13-15 01:20 PM

 Diplomatic Passport 
    Yes and it didn't get apps. At that time BlackBerry only had BBOS which sucked for app developers as a platform. Android grew rapidly because it was app Friendly, BBOS was not. Then after a couple years BlackBerry realized they needed a new OS that is app friendly and then started working on it.

People have options to get apps, and it is buy an Apple or Android device, or go through a bunch of work arounds on BB10. The market has spoken on which way they prefer.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-13-15 01:36 PM
    "Get and give" is the rule of market!!!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    I think there is a bigger issue here as well. Cell phones are relatively new devices. At first there was a mix of big companies moving into the market as well as new companies, like BB. The market has really matured since then and consolidated around some VERY big companies. For instance, Apple has CASH on hand that would enable it to buy BB more than 30 times over as I do the math. How can a company like BB compete with that or Google?
    05-13-15 02:21 PM
    Yes and it didn't get apps. At that time BlackBerry only had BBOS which sucked for app developers as a platform. Android grew rapidly because it was app Friendly, BBOS was not. Then after a couple years BlackBerry realized they needed a new OS that is app friendly and then started working on it.

People have options to get apps, and it is buy an Apple or Android device, or go through a bunch of work arounds on BB10. The market has spoken on which way they prefer.

Posted via CB10
    So let market decide! Don't popup and promote Android! Have 1000 apps on your Android on be happy

 Diplomatic Passport 
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-13-15 02:32 PM
    If we can anxiously wait new BlackBerry devices we can wait for apps as well! Right know we are happy what we have. No Complaints! I am on CB right? I am not on Android Central complaining about secure OS with add less apps

 Diplomatic Passport 
    MarsupilamiX and extisis like this.
    05-13-15 02:39 PM
    I think there is a bigger issue here as well. Cell phones are relatively new devices. At first there was a mix of big companies moving into the market as well as new companies, like BB. The market has really matured since then and consolidated around some VERY big companies. For instance, Apple has CASH on hand that would enable it to buy BB more than 30 times over as I do the math. How can a company like BB compete with that or Google?
    Still presidents and diplomats prefer BlackBerry! Isn't it?

 Diplomatic Passport 
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-13-15 02:41 PM
    Apps are like furniture but if your house is not built on strong foundation then furnishing doesn't matter

 Diplomatic Passport 
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-13-15 02:43 PM
    What I have seen in real life 9-18 yo with android playing candy crush! BlackBerry is meant for business and no other smartphone can beat BlackBerry on productivity!!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-13-15 02:46 PM
    Even Windows with all its transformations still has some DOS as it's foundation.
    DOS has been removed from windows for over a decade and a half now. Windows Millennium was the last version of Windows to run on DOS.

Windows NT, Windows 2000, etc... do not run on top of DOS and tons of old DOS apps are next to impossible to get running on Windows now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-13-15 03:11 PM
    So let market decide! Don't popup and promote Android! Have 1000 apps on your Android on be happy

 Diplomatic Passport 
    LOL. I've been using BB10 and exclusively using it longer than you have, unless you were part of the UK launch buy.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 03:16 PM
    1mobile is a cesspool of malware, spyware, etc. If you are crazy enough to get your banking apps from there, then I hope your bank has VERY generous fraud policies. There is a reason why no company would ever make such a store "official."
    Yet Crackberry had many articles on how to install 1mobile, Aptoide, and use Apk train (I still remember James Richardson's article title : "Everyone get on board the APK train!", Ughhhh).

Good point about banking apps. It doesn't matter that the bb10 file system is different than Android or that the bb10 android runtime is sandboxed -- even with all that, its still the height of simplicity to steal someone's login info in a fake banking app. Sandboxing and all bb10's security are helpless to prevent that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by mnc76; 05-13-15 at 03:47 PM.
    05-13-15 03:28 PM
    What I have seen in real life 9-18 yo with android playing candy crush! BlackBerry is meant for business and no other smartphone can beat BlackBerry on productivity!!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    Wow. Tools not to toys, right?

There are millions upon millions of business Android users that would argue that point. All productive.
    05-13-15 04:02 PM
    LOL. I've been using BB10 and exclusively using it longer than you have, unless you were part of the UK launch buy.

Posted via CB10
    Everybody is saying the same on CB! Who knows?

 Diplomatic Passport 
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-13-15 04:20 PM
    Holy crap this thread is hilarious!

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    05-13-15 04:32 PM
    Still presidents and diplomats prefer BlackBerry! Isn't it?

 Diplomatic Passport 
    That isn't a big enough market (even if it were true).
    05-13-15 04:39 PM
    Wow. Tools not to toys, right?

There are millions upon millions of business Android users that would argue that point. All productive.
    And iOS users. I ride the train between NY and Boston or DC, usually in first class. That is mostly a business crowd and I see almost all android or iphone. In fact earlier this year I did see a BB, but a Bold. BB has like 0.5% of the US market. That isn't "the business segment" and the other 99.5% of users are not business users.
    05-13-15 04:44 PM
    And iOS users. I ride the train between NY and Boston or DC, usually in first class. That is mostly a business crowd and I see almost all android or iphone. In fact earlier this year I did see a BB, but a Bold. BB has like 0.5% of the US market. That isn't "the business segment" and the other 99.5% of users are not business users.
    Until IOS5 you didn't see IOS users with chargers? What a hypocrisy when we talk about IOS and don't talk about chargers

 Diplomatic Passport 
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-13-15 04:55 PM
    Until IOS5 you didn't see IOS users with chargers? What a hypocrisy when we talk about IOS and don't talk about chargers

 Diplomatic Passport 
    Okay. I have no idea what you are talking about. And I'm really okay with a that I think.
    05-13-15 04:58 PM
    That isn't a big enough market (even if it were true).
    If I need to follow the Herd I can easily buy Android and actually I bought, but couldn't last six months. I feel satisfied when I use BlackBerry! In real world 99% are followers..rest are leaders!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-13-15 04:59 PM
    If I need to follow the Herd I can easily buy Android and actually I bought, but couldn't last six months. I feel satisfied when I use BlackBerry! In real world 99% are followers..rest are leaders!

 Diplomatic Passport 

That's not true, to be leader you have to use something different? Rubbish. Everyone uses what they prefer and what's best for them... Simples!
    05-13-15 05:04 PM
289 ... 56789 ...