"intended purposes" and what is that lot of advertisement within the app?

 Diplomatic Passport 
    There's no advertising within Google apps

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-12-15 11:40 AM
    I'm confused on why people want play services so badly but don't want to go to android... I don't want Google play services because I don't want Google to have access to everything I'm doing in the phone. If it requires Google play services then it doesn't get installed on my phone. I just use the android runtime for my bank apps and that's pretty much it. Everything else can be found on BlackBerry World.

If you want android experience get android.

Posted via CB10
    Well that's your personal opinion.
    I do want Google Play services because I want to be able to use all the apps available to the full extent. I don't use BlackBerry because I have a problem with Google, I use BlackBerry because I think it's the best mobile OS out there, so the best situation for me would be BB10 with a better choice of apps. As long as BBW can't deliver, android apps are the only option and Play Services would be just a useful addition.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 11:43 AM
    Where is the source to this photo? It seems kind of real because chen said something about google and a surprise last week so im curious.

Im assuming amazon appstore was just temporary solution.

Posted via CB10
    Agree!! I just want full feature apps! Somehow some of them stop short from performing 100%. BlackBerry is officially noncompetitive when it comes to apps. Love my BlackBerries, and I want them to work at the same level as the rest of the platforms, with all features we love on the communication side. The slider will change that, hopefully.

Posted via world class Q10 !!
    05-12-15 11:48 AM
    iOS was released sometime in 2008.
    Android was released sometime in 2008.
    BBOS was released sometime in 1999 via Pager.
    BBOS was released sometime in 2002 via Smart Phone.
    BB10 was released sometime in 2013.
    (2011 via Dev Kits - 2012 via Prototypes etc.,)

As you can see BlackBerry 10 and now 10.3.1 is Brand Spanking New, completely built from the ground up, with productivity and Intuitiveness in mind. The OS infrastructure has limitless expandability courtesy of QNX. Obviously there's a Native Application issue, most likely due to its past and present market share. All the mindless media bashing, delays and previous management miss handling etc., contributed to low market share.

Example, one so called "Tech Site" was reviewing the Z10 just days after its release. All he had to do is swipe up to open the screen. Instead, he could not figure something so simple and simply tossed the Z10 behind him, where it hit a wall and dropped. Then gave it a failure grade of 1 out of 10. What this so called Tech Site didn't realize is they simply Embarrassed Themselves. Not to mention calling themselves a tech site was blasphemy in itself. The YouTube comments bashed them for complete incompetence.

If you cannot turn on a bloody Smart Phone, you are not a tech site nor should you be reviewing such instruments.
    BB10 is an iteration of Tablet OS that released in 2011. It was in development since early 2010. Your other examples didn't have any previous OS out so had the luxury of being light on features. BB10 did not have that luxury. You are comparing Apples to Oranges, or Blackberries in this case.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 12:43 PM
    I'm using (legally) an OS which I'm not supposed to mention the version.
    Before, I was anxious every time I had to upgrade my Android apps.
    As due for testing purposes, I've upgraded everything I had (Waze, Canal+, Deezer, Icoyote, Air France, Instagram, Office Pro suite and several small apps for musicians) either with Amazon, snap or (shhh!) Google Play Store [there's a thread for that, in case you missed it].

6-8 months ago, this would have resulted in - say - 50% broken apps. Now I can enjoy not only the latest versions but also a greater overall performance and stability. Ok, still a bit tricky to find/get some apps ... but once you have 3 stores on your device ... shouldn't this be an advantage we gain from ?

FWIW. Probably not more than 2 cents.
    Hypervisor..? guest os
    05-12-15 12:53 PM
    I'm allowed to say no as I'm not testing this. Sorry
    Pcmx likes this.
    05-12-15 12:57 PM
    Even Windows with all its transformations still has some DOS as it's foundation
    Not since Windows ME 15 years ago. NT only ran DOS under emulation.

Posted via CB10
    dolco likes this.
    05-12-15 01:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    And it can barely even do that, given the rapid irrelevance of 32-bit Windows.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 01:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    But DOS is still there and works...

Again, I'm no programmer but there are things I needed to do in Win8 and the instructions first call for a command prompt otherwise known as a DOS box. One was making it dual boot with Linux (actually my laptop ti-boots Linux Mint, Win7 and Win8).

And while in that DOS box, all my old DOS commands still work. In fact I have an old DOS tool that would check your system for IRQ conflicts etc... that still works on my Windows8 machine, Granted, DOS has obviously been redeveloped and improved (or even renamed for what I know), but that's what some said could have been done with BBOS. Don't scrap it and start new, redevelop and improve the good foundation they had...
    05-12-15 03:13 PM
    But DOS is still there and works...

Again, I'm no programmer but there are things I needed to do in Win8 and the instructions first call for a command prompt otherwise known as a DOS box. One was making it dual boot with Linux (actually my laptop ti-boots Linux Mint, Win7 and Win8).

And while in that DOS box, all my old DOS commands still work. In fact I have an old DOS tool that would check your system for IRQ conflicts etc... that still works on my Windows8 machine, Granted, DOS has obviously been redeveloped and improved (or even renamed for what I know), but that's what some said could have been done with BBOS. Don't scrap it and start new, redevelop and improve the good foundation they had...
    Completely wrong. There is no DOS in modern Windows, except for the legacy NTVDM in 32-bit Windows.

Your commands still work because Microsoft reimplemented them in NT.

Posted via CB10
    dolco and mnc76 like this.
    05-12-15 03:58 PM
    Completely wrong. There is no DOS in modern Windows, except for the legacy NTVDM in 32-bit Windows.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry apps to windows DOS. Thread has going backward!!!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-12-15 04:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    What's DOS?

Mu�rdeme
    05-12-15 04:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    But my commands still work... They didn't forget their roots... The foundation is still standing and functional... My commands still work...

BBOS was left out in the cold, nothing from BBOS still works... See the difference... Windows gave us new, but didn't forget old because my commands still work...
    05-12-15 05:15 PM
    BlackBerry apps to windows DOS. Thread has going backward!!!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    Was simply analogizing how Windows moved forward, but didn't forget their foundation... I have DOS apps that still work...

BB didn't do that with BB10, they made new and left BBOS hanging in thin air with not even a silent, "AMEN"....
    05-12-15 05:18 PM
    But my commands still work... They didn't forget their roots... The foundation is still standing and functional... My commands still work...

BBOS was left out in the cold, nothing from BBOS still works... See the difference... Windows gave us new, but didn't forget old because my commands still work...
    cd is cd is cd. Heck, it works on Linux, even. Is Microsoft's maternal embrace extended to Linux, too?

The closest thing to not "forgetting their roots" is NTVDM (aka the only DOS you'll see on a computer made this millennium), which is some 1994 chunk of code that is disabled on 64 bit Windows anyway. Unless you're running 32-bit, in which case I'm not surprised you miss BBOS and DOS.

This has digressed into a stupid Microsoft discussion away from a stupid BlackBerry discussion.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-12-15 06:35 PM
    cd is cd is cd. Heck, it works on Linux, even. Is Microsoft's maternal embrace extended to Linux, too?

The closest thing to not "forgetting their roots" is NTVDM (aka the only DOS you'll see on a computer made this millennium), which is some 1994 chunk of code that is disabled on 64 bit Windows anyway. Unless you're running 32-bit, in which case I'm not surprised you miss BBOS and DOS.

This has digressed into a stupid Microsoft discussion away from a stupid BlackBerry discussion.

Posted via CB10
    Sooooooooo...what's DOS?

Mu�rdeme
    05-12-15 06:39 PM
    Sooooooooo...what's DOS?

Mu�rdeme
    The one after UNO.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz and extisis like this.
    05-12-15 06:41 PM
    The one after UNO.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't UNO a card game?

Mu�rdeme
    05-12-15 06:42 PM
    I don't deny facts!! OS10 is there! Passport best innovative phone is there! Classic for 9900 lover is there! Z30 mighty is there, Z3 and leap is there! How could I be in denial position?

 Diplomatic Passport 
    Because the CEO of BlackBerry said they are losing money on handsets. I'm not a financial expert but I can, and do read. And think.

Posted via CB10
    dolco and Maxxxpower like this.
    05-12-15 06:42 PM
    Because the CEO of BlackBerry said they are losing money on handsets. I'm not a financial expert but I can, and do read. And think.

Posted via CB10
    CEO acquired many companies as well! Any thoughts?

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-13-15 01:08 AM
    CEO acquired many companies as well! Any thoughts?

 Diplomatic Passport 
    Are you saying he lied when he said they were losing money on handsets? That is a yes or no question.

Posted via CB10
    dolco likes this.
    05-13-15 01:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    May be CEO meant to say he is earning more in software than hardware!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-13-15 01:15 AM
    Are you saying he lied when he said they were losing money on handsets? That is a yes or no question.

Posted via CB10
    When its financial there is no Yes or No! Let me give you one real life example 10 yrs back I use to work with a multi national company and at the end of project we use to hear that our project is in loss, and then next project starts. I asked CFO who was friend of mine, why always our company is in loss, he smiled and replied when our projected profit is 40% and we get 30% that is 10% loss.

Since a year BlackBerry's share price is almost same with a very little +- but in real life there are many acquisitions! Where this money come from?

 Diplomatic Passport 
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-13-15 01:34 AM
    There's no advertising within Google apps

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Lol pleb doesn't know About Google ads.

Blackberry OS is new! Apps gap shall be covered very soon-img_20150513_031348.png

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my BBZ30
    05-13-15 03:14 AM
    May be CEO meant to say he is earning more in software than hardware!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    Maybe you're wrong.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-13-15 05:02 AM
289 ... 34567 ...