BlackBerry 10 with android runtime as a bonus works for me.The only android app I have is Skype from BlackBerry World. A native Skype app would be better, but for now I'm very happy just to have Skype.
    05-11-15 07:46 PM
    Yuuuup. I got the play store. Now all I need is a play services work around one day. Wishing thinking is all.
    05-11-15 07:59 PM
    For some reason, this thread reminds me of this famous quote:

It's been 3 weeks since Thor's announcement.
    Anyone knows what's going on?
    05-11-15 09:05 PM
    BlackBerry is not sinking but rising!!! Their acquisition shows determination!!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    Not handsets. The sales are still very bad and they are losing money on them.
    05-11-15 09:52 PM
    'BlackBerry'...... is only doing ONE of those things. Also, this argument is pretty much relative to...

And BlackBerry 10 isn't new. It's the newest out of all the OS' but it's far from 'new'. It launched on January 30th, 2013 and technically speaking the core OS has been in place since April 19th, 2011. While I have very few issues with 'app gap' I'm among the minority.

The majority still see an app gap and they don't care how new or old the OS is. All they see is BlackBerry not being able to provide what they want, they don't care about giving BlackBerry time to sort it out, because they want what they want when they want it and they want it NOW. Not later. NOW. And if BlackBerry isn't providing it, they'll go elsewhere.
    jeez Bla1ze, do you always have to be so direct and bluntfully honest?

actually i admire that about you
    05-11-15 11:37 PM
    I hate the android OS. Just give us some flawless working android apps
    Irony...?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-12-15 01:42 AM
    Irony...?

CB is full of irony. The double think is prevalent.

Posted via CB10
    Z10NIZED likes this.
    05-12-15 01:49 AM
    I love how everyone wants android apps, but not the android OS. When will you people realize that once google mandates all apps require google services, we are basically screwed as far as any apps go. It will happen, that's just how evil google really is.

I took a small break from here(CB) because of the cesspool it has become, come back to find it's even worse now. Can't we go back to the old days where we chased leaks and talked about issues with said leaks? All this "app this, app that talk" really is nonsense. If you want apps, then go someplace else because you'll never be happy on a BB. If apple didn't coin the term "app", pretty sure we would still call them programs. Kind of like how every mp3 player is an ipod now, regardless of who makes it.
    undone likes this.
    05-12-15 06:50 AM
    undone likes this.
    05-12-15 07:03 AM
    Not handsets. The sales are still very bad and they are losing money on them.
    You are what financial expert?

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-12-15 07:10 AM
    You are what financial expert?

 Diplomatic Passport 
    You are in denial?
    Maxxxpower, dolco, Rello and 1 others like this.
    05-12-15 07:27 AM
    'BlackBerry'...... is only doing ONE of those things. Also, this argument is pretty much relative to...

And BlackBerry 10 isn't new. It's the newest out of all the OS' but it's far from 'new'. It launched on January 30th, 2013 and technically speaking the core OS has been in place since April 19th, 2011. While I have very few issues with 'app gap' I'm among the minority.

The majority still see an app gap and they don't care how new or old the OS is. All they see is BlackBerry not being able to provide what they want, they don't care about giving BlackBerry time to sort it out, because they want what they want when they want it and they want it NOW. Not later. NOW. And if BlackBerry isn't providing it, they'll go elsewhere.

iOS was released sometime in 2008.
    Android was released sometime in 2008.
    BBOS was released sometime in 1999 via Pager.
    BBOS was released sometime in 2002 via Smart Phone.
    BB10 was released sometime in 2013.
    (2011 via Dev Kits - 2012 via Prototypes etc.,)

As you can see BlackBerry 10 and now 10.3.1 is Brand Spanking New, completely built from the ground up, with productivity and Intuitiveness in mind. The OS infrastructure has limitless expandability courtesy of QNX. Obviously there's a Native Application issue, most likely due to its past and present market share. All the mindless media bashing, delays and previous management miss handling etc., contributed to low market share.

Example, one so called "Tech Site" was reviewing the Z10 just days after its release. All he had to do is swipe up to open the screen. Instead, he could not figure something so simple and simply tossed the Z10 behind him, where it hit a wall and dropped. Then gave it a failure grade of 1 out of 10. What this so called Tech Site didn't realize is they simply Embarrassed Themselves. Not to mention calling themselves a tech site was blasphemy in itself. The YouTube comments bashed them for complete incompetence.

If you cannot turn on a bloody Smart Phone, you are not a tech site nor should you be reviewing such instruments.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-12-15 09:29 AM
    Google will never Mandate Google Services on all Apps, because its against the law to do such a ridiculous thing. Google Services is useless and only kills off your devices battery.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-12-15 09:31 AM
    as long as there is that "one" app someone wants... there will always be an app gap... especially with the BB brand... just perpetuates the myth... mostly by disgruntled users......also let us not forget the "no native" app argument... even BB competition .uses it as a club....
    05-12-15 09:47 AM
    You are in denial?
    I don't deny facts!! OS10 is there! Passport best innovative phone is there! Classic for 9900 lover is there! Z30 mighty is there, Z3 and leap is there! How could I be in denial position?

 Diplomatic Passport 
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-12-15 09:53 AM
    iOS was released sometime in 2008.
    Android was released sometime in 2008.
    BBOS was released sometime in 1999 via Pager.
    BBOS was released sometime in 2002 via Smart Phone.
    BB10 was released sometime in 2013.
    (2011 via Dev Kits - 2012 via Prototypes etc.,)

As you can see BlackBerry 10 and now 10.3.1 is Brand Spanking New, completely built from the ground up, with productivity and Intuitiveness in mind. The OS infrastructure has limitless expandability courtesy of QNX. Obviously there's a Native Application issue, most likely due to its past and present market share. All the mindless media bashing, delays and previous management miss handling etc., contributed to low market share.

Example, one so called "Tech Site" was reviewing the Z10 just days after its release. All he had to do is swipe up to open the screen. Instead, he could not figure something so simple and simply tossed the Z10 behind him, where it hit a wall and dropped. Then gave it a failure grade of 1 out of 10. What this so called Tech Site didn't realize is they simply Embarrassed Themselves. Not to mention calling themselves a tech site was blasphemy in itself. The YouTube comments bashed them for complete incompetence.

If you cannot turn on a bloody Smart Phone, you are not a tech site nor should you be reviewing such instruments.
    Best analysis!!! BlackBerry is far ahead in OS race and soon in headset markets as well! You will see soon how QNX will be controlling your cars and home!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-12-15 09:58 AM
    If apple didn't coin the term "app", pretty sure we would still call them programs.
    They were called "applications" before Apple shortened it to "apps." I remember my Sidekick 3 in 2006 had an "application" catalog.
    TGR1 likes this.
    05-12-15 10:00 AM
    Google will never Mandate Google Services on all Apps, because its against the law to do such a ridiculous thing. Google Services is useless and only kills off your devices battery.
    ok you've probaby never used Google apps to their intended purposes that's fine

05-12-15 10:11 AM
    I'm using (legally) an OS which I'm not supposed to mention the version.
    Before, I was anxious every time I had to upgrade my Android apps.
    As due for testing purposes, I've upgraded everything I had (Waze, Canal+, Deezer, Icoyote, Air France, Instagram, Office Pro suite and several small apps for musicians) either with Amazon, snap or (shhh!) Google Play Store [there's a thread for that, in case you missed it].

6-8 months ago, this would have resulted in - say - 50% broken apps. Now I can enjoy not only the latest versions but also a greater overall performance and stability. Ok, still a bit tricky to find/get some apps ... but once you have 3 stores on your device ... shouldn't this be an advantage we gain from ?

FWIW. Probably not more than 2 cents.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-12-15 at 10:48 AM.
    05-12-15 10:11 AM
    ok you've probaby never used Google apps to their intended purposes that's fine

"intended purposes" and what is that lot of advertisement within the app?

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-12-15 10:19 AM
    I love how everyone wants android apps, but not the android OS. <snip...>.
    Correction, what I think people want are apps as in features or the ability to do things with their phone. Most would prefer a BB native app or even a BB 3rd party but in the absence thereof they settle for Android.
    05-12-15 10:20 AM
    I'm confused on why people want play services so badly but don't want to go to android... I don't want Google play services because I don't want Google to have access to everything I'm doing in the phone. If it requires Google play services then it doesn't get installed on my phone. I just use the android runtime for my bank apps and that's pretty much it. Everything else can be found on BlackBerry World.

If you want android experience get android.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and Maxxxpower like this.
    05-12-15 10:32 AM
    If you want android experience get android.
    I'm happy with Android apps on my device, as long as they don't rely on GS.
    I believe such reliance is based on readiness, as no other offering was easily "pluggable" (I don't forget the Play Store domination, please note).
    May change in a while.
    05-12-15 10:45 AM
    I'm happy with Android apps on my device, as long as they don't rely on GS.
    I believe such reliance is based on readiness, as no other offering was easily "pluggable" (I don't forget the Play Store domination, please note).
    May change in a while.
    I'm okay if BlackBerry wants to make Google play services integrated in BlackBerry 10 as long as I can turn it off and I install it. I got away from Google because they don't offer me anything new. I can get what I need without them. So why should I let them sell my info and make money off me? Outlook is a much better email service. I give major props to MSFT.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-12-15 10:49 AM
    In MSFT we could indeed find a way ... (personal anticipation, salt it. Preferred to mention 'May change' alone in previous post lol)
    05-12-15 10:51 AM
289 ... 23456 ...