They buy based on what they can do with the phone. And a big part of that is apps.
    What good is a bunch of apps if no one knows they are the phone exist. It still takes marketing to get the word out...

And marketing is so deceptive these days, "it does what I say it can do...", who cares how well it does it...
    thymaster likes this.
    05-11-15 12:29 AM
    Android...No thank you. Samsung is the face of Android and all I see is a laggy OS, bloatware, malware, too many crashes, terrible support record and poor battery life. Bye, bye Android.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    05-11-15 01:02 AM
    I thought somebody brought up a forum post from 2 years ago. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-11-15 01:05 AM
    Where is the source to this photo? It seems kind of real because chen said something about google and a surprise last week so im curious.

Im assuming amazon appstore was just temporary solution.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 01:10 AM
    Where is the source to this photo? It seems kind of real because chen said something about google and a surprise last week so im curious.

Im assuming amazon appstore was just temporary solution.

Posted via CB10
    I call it Photoshop
    05-11-15 01:23 AM
    I call it Photoshop
    Indeed.
    05-11-15 01:27 AM
    I've been with BB10 now since the launch when hopes were high.
    We have been promised this exact thing pretty much since day one of BlackBerry 10 too, that apps would be coming, it's a new system, we have to give it some time. Reality looks quite different unfortunately with barely any big names showing real support for BlackBerry and I don't know if that's really going to change anytime soon.

Now as they have decided to go the Android path with their runtime environment some time ago it is becoming even more obsolete for developers to deliver native apps, while I am not saying it was a bad decision.

Probably the best solution, in my opinion, would be a close partnership with Google in order to provide a more unified experience. Working Google Play services would be a big step, maybe something like a "compatible with BlackBerry" badge that developers could display on google Play and then of course a natively running, pre-installed Google Play app. I know that's wishful thinking but it's the only way that would effectively close the app gap while still having the BB10 OS, which is still great as far as I'm concerned.

I must say I am not really an app guy anyways but it's still the major concern for me on this platform. Also when interested people are asking me about BlackBerry because they think about switching, that's the first question to ask: Are there enough apps? Is there X app?

Posted via CB10
    Soapm and dolco like this.
    05-11-15 01:28 AM
    Working Google Play services would be a big step, maybe something like a "compatible with BlackBerry" badge that developers could display on google Play and then of course a natively running, pre-installed Google Play app. I know that's wishful thinking but it's the only way that would effectively close the app gap while still having the BB10 OS, which is still great as far as I'm concerned.
    Now there's some cheap advertising that would put the brand back on the tongue of the average consumer...
    05-11-15 01:41 AM
    Wow, this is bizarre. I just read a thread saying they should have extended BBOS instead of creating a new OS.

You have to admit BB did this to themselves by creating a new OS. Even Windows with all its transformations still has some DOS as it's foundation. I still believe if they can make Android run on this new OS they could have easily made the old BBOS apps run also.
    OS7 is still behind OS10! But not as it should be! This the main point BlackBerry didn't care much of OS7 while they were creating OS10! No apps transformation, no shortcuts etc. May be DNA is the same but nothing else

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-11-15 02:02 AM
    Android...No thank you. Samsung is the face of Android and all I see is a laggy OS, bloatware, malware, too many crashes, terrible support record and poor battery life. Bye, bye Android.
    You know I hate Android cause its too laggy and easy for a average stupid! Apps full with adds! I have used Android in 2013 cause I was not trusting Os10 and you know what happened? if somebody text me I use to call them back, messaging no way, and it was great struggle for a 6 months. Then I bought Q10 and I was alive again.

 Diplomatic Passport 
    thymaster and TheAuthority like this.
    05-11-15 02:10 AM
    It won't happen!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-11-15 02:12 AM
    BlackBerry will be a secure Android system within the next year and BB10 apps will only be specialized Enterprise apps.
    Not my preferred outcome, but it's the only way the handset division will survive.
    I'd rather have a BlackBerry phone with Android than no BlackBerry phone at all.

Posted via CB10
    Never happen! BlackBerry shall be with BlackBerry OS! Android may be more secure with BlackBerry software!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-11-15 02:30 AM
    It's "Microsoft Windows (tm)" with all its 'glorious' benefits, now available for mobile...

Easy to install a ton of applications, lots of free stuff (remember the 90's software piracy, everyone copied whatever, because you could have it "free", this legacy is being continued)... and bang, your the biggest platform with the most problems. :-(

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    thymaster and Pcmx like this.
    05-11-15 03:09 AM
    Blasphemy!!!!

Et tu brute!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 03:21 AM
    Blasphemy!!!!

Et tu brute!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    +1 million

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-11-15 03:34 AM
    As long as BB sticks with BB10, the app gap will never be closed. BB10 is a complete flop and this won't change anymore as no device and no OS version was able to drive sales up to the present. The only thing that would help is a complete switch to Android. The "fans" may not like it , but this is the reality.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    05-11-15 04:03 AM
    As long as BB sticks with BB10, the app gap will never be closed. BB10 is a complete flop and this won't change anymore as no device and no OS version was able to drive sales up to the present. The only thing that would help is a complete switch to Android. The "fans" may not like it , but this is the reality.
    What to switch? If there is no BB10 then hardware should run Android? Complete switch and become a herd! Go buy samsung and fill your gap

 Diplomatic Passport 
    TheAuthority likes this.
    05-11-15 04:13 AM
    There are million thoughts and prayers "die BlackBerry die" but BlackBerry is there, isn't it? And "peoples" don't care about BlackBerry that's why so much moaning and crying on CB!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    TheAuthority likes this.
    05-11-15 04:18 AM
    What good is a bunch of apps if no one knows they are the phone exist. It still takes marketing to get the word out...

And marketing is so deceptive these days, "it does what I say it can do...", who cares how well it does it...
    That might be a relevant statement if there were a "bunch of apps" or specifically the apps people wanted. But there weren't and the OS10 was a big flop. There isn't much word to get get put is the real problem.
    Soapm likes this.
    05-11-15 06:52 AM
    Eventually.
    Inno-ventually.
    05-11-15 06:55 AM
    Fact is that BlackBerry World is now much smaller than even a year ago. All apps with Adobe Air gone, all apps made with the app generator gone, many apps never updated after initial launch, BlackBerry themselves have offered sessions to move apps out of BlackBerry World and on to Amazon app store.
    The world of IOT devices will require you to have a device that uses standards and no one is supporting bb10. Too bad but move on.
    I'm not an app person but increasingly through Fitbit, smart watches, thermostat, door locks, whatever, there aren't solutions for bb10. That is killing the usefulness of the device going forward, unfortunately Android is the required change. Like betamax/ vhs, it wasn't the best format that was the successful one.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 07:32 AM
    Man, that horse is fossil fuel by now... *cue* "Let it Go" by Elsa!
    05-11-15 09:59 AM
    Will be right back!
    05-11-15 10:22 AM
    BLACKDROID!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 10:24 AM
    BLACKDROID!!!

Posted via CB10
    Blackphone wasn't Blackdroid???

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-11-15 10:42 AM
289 1234 ...