BlackBerry OS 10 is new as compared to Android or IOS and it's totally different experience than OS7, so we should hope that apps (only advantage to Android & IOS) shall be covered in near future! There are so many moaning on CB for lack of apps for OS 10 but still BlackBerry is doing firefighting steps to fill the apps gap Amazon, 1Mobile, Snap etc.

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-10-15 05:21 PM
    BlackBerry is doing firefighting steps to fill the apps gap Amazon, 1Mobile, Snap etc.
    'BlackBerry'...... is only doing ONE of those things. Also, this argument is pretty much relative to...

And BlackBerry 10 isn't new. It's the newest out of all the OS' but it's far from 'new'. It launched on January 30th, 2013 and technically speaking the core OS has been in place since April 19th, 2011. While I have very few issues with 'app gap' I'm among the minority.

The majority still see an app gap and they don't care how new or old the OS is. All they see is BlackBerry not being able to provide what they want, they don't care about giving BlackBerry time to sort it out, because they want what they want when they want it and they want it NOW. Not later. NOW. And if BlackBerry isn't providing it, they'll go elsewhere.
    05-10-15 06:02 PM
    Nope. Going in wrong direction. Not enough BB10 phones sold. He'll, I wish BlackBerry would come up with a real name for it besides BB10.

Posted via CB10
    you have drank to much i am afraid lol
    'very soon'

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 06:15 PM
    'very soon'

Posted via CB10
    That's better than coming soon........
    05-10-15 06:18 PM
    How about just 'soon".

Z30something
    05-10-15 06:18 PM
    How about just 'soon".

Z30something
    Eventually.
    TgeekB likes this.
    05-10-15 06:19 PM
    Nope. Going in wrong direction. Not enough BB10 phones sold. He'll, I wish BlackBerry would come up with a real name for it besides BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry OS is new! Apps gap shall be covered very soon-powered-android.jpg
    05-10-15 06:34 PM
    05-10-15 06:37 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	powered-by-android.jpg 
Views:	8083 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	352135
    Well if that happens then the last 4 years I put into BB10 will seem pointless.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and lui22 like this.
    05-10-15 07:08 PM
    Well if that happens then the last 4 years I put into BB10 will seem pointless.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 had become pointless to me some time ago. Yet I still love visiting CB to watch the antics :-P

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-10-15 07:16 PM
    BlackBerry will be a secure Android system within the next year and BB10 apps will only be specialized Enterprise apps.
    Not my preferred outcome, but it's the only way the handset division will survive.
    I'd rather have a BlackBerry phone with Android than no BlackBerry phone at all.

Posted via CB10
    Saulii likes this.
    05-10-15 07:32 PM
    I use BlackBerry 10 for the software not the hardware. I would like to see BlackBerry bring out both BB10 OS phones and Android OS phones to boost the hardware sales, but I would always pick BB10 over Android any day of the week.

I think a premium slider or even the Passport running Android would sell fairly well.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 07:37 PM
    BlackBerry OS 10 is new as compared to Android or IOS and it's totally different experience than OS7, so we should hope that apps (only advantage to Android & IOS) shall be covered in near future! There are so many moaning on CB for lack of apps for OS 10 but still BlackBerry is doing firefighting steps to fill the apps gap Amazon, 1Mobile, Snap etc.

 Diplomatic Passport 
    Wow, this is bizarre. I just read a thread saying they should have extended BBOS instead of creating a new OS.

You have to admit BB did this to themselves by creating a new OS. Even Windows with all its transformations still has some DOS as it's foundation. I still believe if they can make Android run on this new OS they could have easily made the old BBOS apps run also.
    05-10-15 08:02 PM
    Enough! The horse is battered enough and is gasping for air as it is now. Please stop with the whipping!

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    05-10-15 08:03 PM
    The majority still see an app gap and they don't care how new or old the OS is. All they see is BlackBerry not being able to provide what they want, they don't care about giving BlackBerry time to sort it out, because they want what they want when they want it and they want it NOW. Not later. NOW. And if BlackBerry isn't providing it, they'll go elsewhere.
    What we see for example, is you go to your bank site and they say you can use mobile banking with two links, one to google and one to the apple store. Same with your credit cards, paypal and you name it... But BB10 didn't cause this gap, it just made a big gap wider...

And adding Android is really a good idea but not the best solution since it's no secret that native apps work MUCH better than Android on BB10...
    05-10-15 08:09 PM
    BlackBerry will be a secure Android system within the next year and BB10 apps will only be specialized Enterprise apps.
    Not my preferred outcome, but it's the only way the handset division will survive.
    I'd rather have a BlackBerry phone with Android than no BlackBerry phone at all.

Posted via CB10
    Enterprises are also leaving BB.

And your last sentence reminds of Chrysler with Mitsubishi motors. "I'd whether have Chrysler with a Mitsubishi motor than no Chrysler at all..."
    05-10-15 08:15 PM
    I use BlackBerry 10 for the software not the hardware. I would like to see BlackBerry bring out both BB10 OS phones and Android OS phones to boost the hardware sales, but I would always pick BB10 over Android any day of the week.

I think a premium slider or even the Passport running Android would sell fairly well.

Posted via CB10
    This is blaming the lack of BB popularity on the OS which I don't know if I agree. Most consumers don't care what's under the hood, they buy by name and the looks. But both of those are really why you pay marketing and BB marketing doesn't exist.

The old rule, "it pays to advertise" just doesn't resonate in Waterloo...
    05-10-15 08:23 PM
    This is all brand new information.
    05-10-15 08:31 PM
    Yeah have no interest in a BlackBerry running Android as the base. Useless IMHO. I invested in QNX for reasons and Android with a BB10 skin is useless. I'd just go to regular Android or iOS.

Here are the issues if they go Android:

- The hardware is no different for BB10 or Android. So switching to Android isn't going to all the sudden make hardware cheaper or make the costs to BlackBerry cheaper. It also won't save them on development costs as now they have to customize and secure the monolithic kernel of Android.

- The BlackBerry name is garbage, even in Enterprise. It is has too much negativity tied to it. Switching to Android won't change this and BlackBerry will still have invest in be brand rehab and/or rebranding. They haven't done this before, so why would they do it if this happens.

- OK you have apps now, but no advertising, and have never been advertise a single thing effectively the entire time the company has been around. Who is going to know that BlackBerry switched to Android or what this new Franken10 OS is good for. Why would someone want to come to BlackBerry Android given how poorly BlackBerry has handled their own OS.

- How many OEMs are doing great with Android and making money. Samsung is even having issues now and they are the gold standard for Android. It is a race to the bottom OS and will eventually all be Chinese brands IMHO.

Anyway switching to Android will only fix one of BlackBerry's many problems and still leave a lit out there for them to address, and they haven't shown any desire to address those to this point and if people here say they don't have the resources to address them now with their own OS then they won't be able to address them a half year from now with another OS.

Posted via CB10
    KingOfQwerty, baarn, Loc22 and 1 others like this.
    05-10-15 08:49 PM
    I hate the android OS. Just give us some flawless working android apps
    ponpiri likes this.
    05-10-15 09:08 PM
    Eventually.
    We may have already drifted into the realm of:

Conceivably
    not impossibly
    Within the realm of possibility
    And
    by the grace of God

Territory on this one.
    Last edited by GadgetTravel; 05-10-15 at 10:01 PM.
    05-10-15 09:24 PM
    This is blaming the lack of BB popularity on the OS which I don't know if I agree. Most consumers don't care what's under the hood, they buy by name and the looks. But both of those are really why you pay marketing and BB marketing doesn't exist.

The old rule, "it pays to advertise" just doesn't resonate in Waterloo...
    They buy based on what they can do with the phone. And a big part of that is apps.
    05-10-15 11:49 PM
    If this happens, I can as well dumb my BlackBerry device and switch to Android. There will be no need using a device with BlackBerry 10 powered by Android except I will still have my core blackberry 10 os and some other android stuff just like what we already have

Posted by djeniuss via the CB10 App
    thymaster likes this.
    05-11-15 12:16 AM
289 123 ...