Tools, not toys.
    Some of the "toys" you refer to are much more useful tools than what's left with our BlackBerry devices running bb10. My invoicing software doesn't even work on bb10! On my android device I can send my estimates and invoices on the go. On my passport I can type a mean email! Lol

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    02-16-17 06:23 AM
    I thought it was just U.S. nonsense, but seems Canadian banks are dropping BlackBerry 10 apps, as well. For all it's security, why is BlackBerry letting iOS eat its lunch in mobile banking? Or is this just the slow death of OS 10? Just cutting bait, and using Android Pay?

BlackBerry ought to be owning this; the hard work is done. Make the BlackBerry Pay app and let us get on with secure mobile/NFC payments. Masterpass approved, Paywave approved, but can't get an app because my bank's BlackBerry mobile app is a bookmark to their website!

I read all these press releases from 2011-2014 about BlackBerry driving the mobile payment market. What happened? I probably will have a flying car in my garage and Rosie the Robot in my kitchen before I can NFC pay in the US.

What am I missing??
    Slow and painful death I believe
    02-16-17 06:49 AM
    Some of the "toys" you refer to are much more useful tools than what's left with our BlackBerry devices running bb10. My invoicing software doesn't even work on bb10! On my android device I can send my estimates and invoices on the go. On my passport I can type a mean email! Lol

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    Sadly I agree. So much potential unrealized.
    02-16-17 06:50 AM
    I can't fault the developers any more. BlackBerry doesn't support BB10 so how do we expect 3rd party devs to support them?
    02-16-17 08:39 AM
    I can't fault the developers any more. BlackBerry doesn't support BB10 so how do we expect 3rd party devs to support them?
    At this stage I agree. It would be pointless for a developer to develop new apps or even maintain existing apps for an ecosystem that is continuing to decline. We just have to stop holding on to something because of our stubbornness to accept reality
    02-16-17 08:43 AM
    At this stage I agree. It would be pointless for a developer to develop new apps or even maintain existing apps for an ecosystem that is continuing to decline. We just have to stop holding on to something because of our stubbornness to accept reality
    100% agree also, but I for one don't see the lack of third party development for BB10 as a problem.

From this point forward I think we should evaluate BB10's value primarily based on existing Native apps that do not rely on either Android or APIs for other services like Facebook and WhatsApp. These are stable, functional, and should remain so indefinitely. Everything else may stop working or require various workarounds, such as Snap, Cobalt, or finding older APKs and BARs.

People who are happy with that core BB10 functionality can look forward to another 1-3 years of productivity. Everyone else will need to look at other platforms at some point.

Is there still anyone for whom this isn't self-evident??

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 09:47 AM
31 12