Whatever guys, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest.
    It's not a "pissing contest." It's you making ridiculous, baseless claims and being called on them.
    MikeX74, donnation and JeepBB like this.
    02-18-16 04:38 PM
    Its so funny to see people in this forum saying that Apple should provide this, but at the same time say they carry a Blackberry because they don't want the NSA spying on them. Its truly amazing to me in here how people flip flop their stance as long as its beneficial to BB. I'm not talking about anyone in this thread in particular, but for years keeping our phones away from the Governments eyes has been the calling card of so many in here because of BB's security and privacy, and now because Chen said he'd turn over information if asked to people are ok with it. Its honestly sickening how bad some of the fanboyism is as long as it's negative against Apple and good for Blackberry, no matter what the issue is. If anyone honestly believes that the Govt. doesn't want the ability to look into everyone's phone then they are absolutely nuts. They are desperate to do it and to hear the idiots on Fox news only shows how badly this country of ours is slipping out of our control and into the the hands of the Government.
    Last edited by donnation; 02-18-16 at 05:42 PM.
    02-18-16 04:38 PM
    This issue will take a couple of years to flesh out as it makes its way to the US Supreme Court.
    The Key - make your "internet" footprint as small as you can!
    02-18-16 09:42 PM
    For Apple stating they invented the smartphone is like karl benz saying he invented the automobile.

I believe it was Palm or visor who started the smartphone.
    02-19-16 02:36 AM
    For Apple stating they invented the smartphone
    Apple did no such thing.
    02-19-16 06:41 AM
    Once Apple starts making cars, it will become perfectly clear that they will have invented the automobile. I now believe that the apple fruit and more specifically the McIntosh Apple variety was not a Canadian agricultural innovation from the 1800's but was actually named from an Apple Inc. Macintosh computer from which it was discovered.

Apple. Leading your way.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 06:55 AM
    Once Apple starts making cars, it will become perfectly clear that they will have invented the automobile. I now believe that the apple fruit and more specifically the McIntosh Apple variety was not a Canadian agricultural innovation from the 1800's but was actually named from an Apple Inc. Macintosh computer from which it was discovered.

Apple. Leading your way.

Posted via CB10
    Haha, its called marketing. If people actually believe that Apple invented the smartphone then that's the power of good marketing, which BB does not have. BB's marketing is so bad that most people don't even know that they are still making phones.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-19-16 07:44 AM
    Haha, its called marketing. If people actually believe that Apple invented the smartphone then that's the power of good marketing, which BB does not have. BB's marketing is so bad that most people don't even know that they are still making phones.
    BB's marketing is so bad that most people think they're out of business.
    donnation likes this.
    02-19-16 09:13 AM
    Apple has to take this stance. Any phone maker has to. Any responsible company should feel compelled to assist in cases such as these. But they can not acquiesce and just hand over access. Forensically, it makes since to assist with reconstructing the puzzle of what was going on but to just roll over and grant access means accepting a huge black eye in the area of privacy.

It may be okay in the wake of this bit soon enough the same request will be made in the midst of a situation and eventually prior to a situation. And all of this may be fine, up and until it's wrong. And the party being investigated is not doing anything wrong.

I would not be at,all surprised if Apple secretly guided investigators in their research all while apparently publicly standing against the government 's demands.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 09:45 AM
    I think what everyone has overlooked was Blackberry has always eluded to iPhone's huge lack of security and here we have the mighty US Government incapable of breaking into that very device. I think Apple is playing this one very smart and is getting tons of free marketing in holding back. Would anyone doubt Apple's security after this ?

This renders one of Blackberry's main buying criteria completely null and void.
    MikeX74 and JeepBB like this.
    02-19-16 09:46 AM
    I think what everyone has overlooked was Blackberry has always eluded to iPhone's huge lack of security and here we have the mighty US Government incapable of breaking into that very device. I think Apple is playing this one very smart and is getting tons of free marketing in holding back. Would anyone doubt Apple's security after this ?

This renders one of Blackberry's main buying criteria completely null and void.
    Exactly. As I've said in related threads, the narrative now is that Apple made a phone so secure and privacy-focused that the U.S. government not only can't break into themselves, but had to get a court order to force Apple to hack. How can BB milk the privacy/security "angle" after that?
    02-19-16 12:33 PM
    Ahh, the Apple jealousy.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    02-19-16 12:39 PM
    According to Google:
    https://www.google.ca/url?q=http://w...3nULypnkpkF-dQ

It's IBM who made the first smartphone. Inneresting

Posted via CB10
    What's interesting is that it was a fully touch based interface with no physical keys.... in 1992.

That was the strangest thing when I moved from Palm to BlackBerry... the screen was not touch/stylus sensitive? Took a while to get use to. Maybe if BlackBerry had implemented a touch screen sooner, the STORM wouldn't have come out so bad?
    02-19-16 12:56 PM
    Exactly. As I've said in related threads, the narrative now is that Apple made a phone so secure and privacy-focused that the U.S. government not only can't break into themselves, but had to get a court order to force Apple to hack. How can BB milk the privacy/security "angle" after that?
    The rub here is that Apple is getting good press not for "privacy", but because the user encrypted the phone and locked it with a PIN. The FBI does not want to brute-force it because it would wipe the phone after 10 attempts. Apple still has the same privacy that they always had. Since this was an enterprise phone, I'll take a wild guess that he was forced to do so by Microsoft Exchange Active sync - just to crowbar Microsoft into the mix!

Bottom line: Don't complain when your IT staff enacts a common-sense mobile policy.
    Gervuoge likes this.
    02-19-16 02:22 PM
    it amazes me to see how people jump in quickly to correct anyone who says something against apple, and for that matter, any brand... i mean, is apple a family member of you? yes yes, i know, you guys are just correcting misinformation on the internet as good Samaritans, but i cannot see myself defending something so strongly, except of course, the subject is my mom... anyway, i guess i better get out of here before the apple-protection patrol comes after me too!
    02-19-16 05:40 PM
    it amazes me to see how people jump in quickly to correct anyone who says something against apple, and for that matter, any brand... i mean, is apple a family member of you? yes yes, i know, you guys are just correcting misinformation on the internet as good Samaritans, but i cannot see myself defending something so strongly, except of course, the subject is my mom... anyway, i guess i better get out of here before the apple-protection patrol comes after me too!
    Lol people act like BlackBerry is their child/mother/father/limb in here so please save it. Do you see how often anyone says anything disparaging on the Web against BlackBerry how quick people immediately bash the site, as well as the writer? Would you prefer if everything posted that was incorrect was just agreed with? Would make for REAL interesting discussion.
    MikeX74 and JeepBB like this.
    02-19-16 06:14 PM
    Lol people act like BlackBerry is their child/mother/father/limb in here so please save it. Do you see how often anyone says anything disparaging on the Web against BlackBerry how quick people immediately bash the site, as well as the writer? Would you prefer if everything posted that was incorrect was just agreed with? Would make for REAL interesting discussion.
    Nah... I agree with the previous poster.

I lot of people in here go out of their way to defend Apple's honour repeatedly when their beloved phone of choice is critiqued.

Blackberry bashing on here, however, is almost seemingly systematic and encouraged. I would imagine if one were to question the love of Apple on those Apple fan sites, one would be tarred and feathered. On average I would wager that the overall Crackberry community is more balanced in their views than other fan sites.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 06:38 PM
    Sir, that's exactly my point... if you read my post I said defending apple or any brand... it's so passionate that you would think that you are insulting someone's mother... how dare you to say that about (enter your phone of choice)??!! Give me the link!!!... anyway, I am sorry if I am interfering with your job of spreading the truth and correcting the evil lies...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gallopiton; 02-19-16 at 10:50 PM.
    02-19-16 07:13 PM
    Nah... I agree with the previous poster.

I lot of people in here go out of their way to defend Apple's honour repeatedly when their beloved phone of choice is critiqued.

Blackberry bashing on here, however, is almost seemingly systematic and encouraged. I would imagine if one were to question the love of Apple on those Apple fan sites, one would be tarred and feathered. On average I would wager that the overall Crackberry community is more balanced in their views than other fan sites.

Posted via CB10
    You'd be mistaken. Crackberry is the undisputed king of platform bashing, which is understandable.
    TgeekB and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    02-19-16 07:59 PM
    You'd be mistaken. Crackberry is the undisputed king of platform bashing, which is understandable.
    Undisputed? Show me the link!! (kidding)

Back to my point. Crackberry is not the land of unified Blackberry love like some of those those other phone fan sites are. The excess of platform bashing on here you speak of is seemingly directed primarily against BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 08:32 PM
    Whatever guys, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest. It was a marketing statement through and through. The sentence and that letter in general.

Posted via CB10
    Just ignore them

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 08:33 PM
    Undisputed? Show me the link!! (kidding)

Back to my point. Crackberry is not the land of unified Blackberry love like some of those those other phone fan sites are. The excess of platform bashing on here you speak of is seemingly directed primarily against BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    It's all perception. People see what they want to see.
    02-19-16 08:54 PM
    Many pundits wrote off Blackberry's PRIV at launch saying " the masses don't care about privacy or security ". Seems like this is a bigger debate than everyone thought....

Blackberry has a window here to shine but I'm sure they won't have the marketing prowess to get the message out.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 08:59 PM
    Apple and the world already knows BlackBerry's still number one in this department. All they trying to do is show the world that they can do it to. Nothing wrong with that, until it's hacked. This is where being a US company hurts them unlike BlackBerry or Samsung. Apple maybe just have to hand over the keys to the kingdom. Chen may be waiting to see how this plays out before chiming in. But for BlackBerry they have nothing to prove here. Apple and all the rest are the ones.

I'm waiting to see if the US government take up John McAfee on his offer to hack the phone.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/19/john-...ck-iphone.html

I really don't think that the FBI's going to let him. He could purposely erase everything. But you never know. I hope he could do it while showing the world the BlackBerry he uses at the same time. BB FTW!

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    02-19-16 09:23 PM
    Depends on what platform your talking about.

BGR is the undisputed king of BlackBerry bashing.

Not that their beloved iPhone is under fire I wonder how many times have the word BlackBerry came up in a good way.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    02-19-16 09:28 PM
81 1234