A Departure from Locked Down to Just Phone device....a palm computer with full GPIO for adapting everything from USB to RS-232.

While Raspberry Pie has no portable option and the PocketChip by Next Thing co is ugly as hell, why not drive market sharing to a BB Bold form factor device to help augment this market place of open source projects?

And have option to either do away with touch screen or have a hardware switch that shuts touch screen capacitive on/off.

I think a BB folks have become too accustomed to the proprietary practices of BB leaving customers confidence to the dust of their EOL rendering past products useless and instilling that fear looking forward.

What if BB took a huge departure from their mobile division and make a totally tinker-able device to not just confine the capabilities to GSM/CDMA ---- though include that capability so folks can have a fully accessible hardware through software model that can be totally user generated.

The market place for such as device has no saturation and plenty of untapped demand!

The BlackBerry OPEN 1.0-open.png
    04-30-19 09:16 PM
    A Departure from Locked Down to Just Phone device....a palm computer with full GPIO for adapting everything from USB to RS-232.

While Raspberry Pie has no portable option and the PocketChip by Next Thing co is ugly as hell, why not drive market sharing to a BB Bold form factor device to help augment this market place of open source projects?

And have option to either do away with touch screen or have a hardware switch that shuts touch screen capacitive on/off.

I think a BB folks have become too accustomed to the proprietary practices of BB leaving customers confidence to the dust of their EOL rendering past products useless and instilling that fear looking forward.

What if BB took a huge departure from their mobile division and make a totally tinker-able device to not just confine the capabilities to GSM/CDMA ---- though include that capability so folks can have a fully accessible hardware through software model that can be totally user generated.

The market place for such as device has no saturation and plenty of untapped demand!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	open.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	728.8 KB 
ID:	444161
    Omg. I'm not sure how many ways there are of saying this.

BlackBerry has left hardware behind - they have far bigger and better things to do.
    04-30-19 09:22 PM
    What if Blackberry marries Raspberry, bake a Pi and serve it to the masses?

I'm not being too serious with this anymore....just having a fun idea with what my dream would be if there is an untapped market for it.
    Last edited by Jason Page; 04-30-19 at 09:45 PM.
    04-30-19 09:24 PM