10-12-16 11:13 AM
56 123
tools
    What did they fix on the Q10?
    At the time, the main feature... the keyboard, clicky feel and double-type...
    10-11-16 12:20 PM
    It's Chen's responsibility like it or not. Not Mike or Jim or Thors.

Posted via CB10
    Stamping your feet like a toddler and crying about John Chen won't change the situation BlackBerry is in, especially when the failure in management goes back to decisions made long before his tenure as CEO.

Networks have gotten faster, third-party applications make or break mobile platforms, hardware is a commodity. The only thing left for a profit is security, platform agnostic management, and network connectivity. So what other strategy is there but to focus on the areas where your name isn't tarnished with unfounded preconceptions of what your brand is?

The value of BlackBerry was always the recurring fees from network services, not devices. The only thing the handsets did was tie you to those service fees.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-11-16 01:15 PM
    Remember also that Chen has a reputation for being able to turn companies around, and he didn't get involved just to carry the burden of being known as the guy who helped Blackberry into the grave. He understands the importance Blackberry and what it symbolises, if the company never recovers you can hardly put the blame on the guy who gave the company one last chance to work things out.
    10-11-16 11:50 PM
    I think one key issue on the forum is; In what Form of a company is BlackBerry of value to the BlackBerry Faithful?
    Simply put; BlackBerry could become the world leader in Chicken Lip Production making 100's of Billions of dollars for stockholders.
    But if I buy BlackBerry Devices or work for the Design or Device Manufacturing Divisions, restructuring to Chicken Lip Production is not in my best interest, even with a promise of success.
    Many have invested their money in BlackBerry "Devices" not in BlackBerry Stock Options. So the company's transition is viewed differently and so are those leading the charge, so to speak (the change). So it's less a question of blame, but of effect.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    10-12-16 09:16 AM
    I think one key issue on the forum is; In what Form of a company is BlackBerry of value to the BlackBerry Faithful?
    Simply put; BlackBerry could become the world leader in Chicken Lip Production making 100's of Billions of dollars for stockholders.
    But if I buy BlackBerry Devices or work for the Design or Device Manufacturing Divisions, restructuring to Chicken Lip Production is not in my best interest, even with a promise of success.
    Many have invested their money in BlackBerry "Devices" not in BlackBerry Stock Options. So the company's transition is viewed differently and so are those leading the charge, so to speak (the change). So it's less a question of blame, but of effect.
    I think you're right. This is the difference, not whether you are a Chen fan or not a Chen fan. It has less to do with Chen's capabilities and more to do with the direction.

Watsa made a mistake dumping so much money into this company. He made a very large investment here relative to his other investments. I have no idea why he did that, but he's now accountable to Fairfax shareholders for that decision. I think if BB made billions in chicken lips, he'd be happy. Or relieved even. He hired Chen to get him out of this hole.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-12-16 09:32 AM
    I think you're right. This is the difference, not whether you are a Chen fan or not a Chen fan. It has less to do with Chen's capabilities and more to do with the direction.

Watsa made a mistake dumping so much money into this company. He made a very large investment here relative to his other investments. I have no idea why he did that, but he's now accountable to Fairfax shareholders for that decision. I think if BB made billions in chicken lips, he'd be happy. Or relieved even. He hired Chen to get him out of this hole.
    I would love to know what he was thinking when he bet large on BlackBerry.
    10-12-16 11:13 AM
56 123