BlackBerry Officially partners with Amazon!!!!!-img_20140618_082607.png

We?ve heard your appeals for access to more applications for your BlackBerry 10 device and we are delivering. We have announced a licensing agreement for the Amazon Appstore to bring more than 200,000 Android apps to you this fall when the BlackBerry 10.3 operating system launches.

You will be able to access popular apps such as Groupon, Netflix, Pinterest, Candy Crush Saga and Minecraft ? all available for direct download!

But you also have choices. We will continue to offer BlackBerry World, where you can access applications that leverage the powerful features of the BlackBerry 10 operating system.

That?s two stores ? with more apps ? and greater choices.

In addition to the greater selection of apps, you will be able to access video and music services through a number of popular third party services available through the Amazon Appstore and BlackBerry World. While BlackBerry World will continue to offer music and video services via third party applications ? again giving you more choices for your valued content ? we will be closing the music and video sections of our store on July 21st. Don?t worry! Previously downloaded content will be available after that date through MyWorld.

Stay tuned for more information about the Amazon Appstore offering coming to you soon.

We?re excited to be working with Amazon to deliver the apps and content that you?ve been looking for. It?s an exciting new day for BlackBerry 10 device owners. We look forward to hearing from you about what apps you are looking forward to downloading.

BlackBerry, Amazon Licensing Agreement to Bring Thousands of New Apps | Inside BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 07:28 AM
    This sounds like a good thing. Can someone tell me how this could possibly be a bad thing for BlackBerry users??
    I hear doom and gloom on the groups.
    06-18-14 07:42 AM
    This is good, it's the only way.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 07:45 AM
    How about app compatibility? I wonder how they are going to deal with that.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    06-18-14 07:47 AM
    Downloaded MapMyRide to my Z10 using the Amazon store and it failed to work. Should I contact BlackBerry now that they are supporting the store itself or should I contact the app developer since I am trying to use the app on a device that it was not designed for?

Runtastic fails, MapMyRun fails. Great job BlackBerry.

Not leaving a very good impression. Think I will continue to use my Nexus until BlackBerry designs their runtime with the appropriate

Deffinitely going to keep my Nexus till BlackBerry resolves a lot of these runtime issues.
    bbq10l likes this.
    06-18-14 08:25 AM
    This sounds like a good thing. Can someone tell me how this could possibly be a bad thing for BlackBerry users??
    I hear doom and gloom on the groups.
    I just displayed how it is a bad thing in my post.
    06-18-14 08:28 AM
    Now the admission that BlackBerry World sucks is 100% public. Previously it was a well known secret. Native app be damned. I suppose it couldn't get any worse.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 09:00 AM
    06-18-14 09:01 AM