I was eating at a diner in chelsea and was reading my passport. The guy next to me started talking and told me he's never seen anyone else with his phone, a passport.

Here are the total amount of bb10 I've seen "in the wild"

1. Passport - 1
    2. Classic - 3
    3. Q10 - 1

If you've seen a bb10 phone in NYC, tell us the story in this thread!
    01-19-17 04:42 PM
    I was eating at a diner in chelsea and was reading my passport. The guy next to me started talking and told me he's never seen anyone else with his phone, a passport.

1. Passport - 1
    2. Classic - 3
    3. Q10 - 1

Did you see these in one day or since you owned a BlackBerry?
    01-19-17 06:14 PM

1. Passport - 1
    2. Classic - 3
    3. Q10 - 1

That reminds of a experience I had a year ago. While sitting at a bar in NYC a woman looked over and poof what phone is that, than she wanted to know if I was with the Goverment. After all I had a BlackBerry. My response, they call me Bond.....James Bond.
    01-19-17 06:17 PM
    That's ever. Only seen those few bb10 devices over the several years since it's been out, including airports!

Yesterday, someone asked me if my passport was a phone!
    01-20-17 07:27 AM
    I don't live in NYC,but people always say "what is that? Is that a phone?"

I have owned a old Blackberry 7 Device 5-6 years ago. Forget the name. Now I own a Blackberry Tmobile Z10 that I can no longer update and a unlocked Blackberry Passport Silver Edition. Would never buy any other phones.

Posted via CB10
    TheAuthority likes this.
    01-20-17 08:09 AM
    I don't live in NYC but I have seen

Z30-3
    Z10-3
    Q10-3
    Classic-2
    Q5-1

Passport-2
    Priv-1

#luvmybb10os
    01-20-17 11:33 AM
    In a city where anything can happen, it's interesting that people can still have a reaction to something as simple as a phone.

Especially on the subway where the silence of the ride is weighing against people's curiosity to ask about your phone.
    01-20-17 01:21 PM
    Never seen a single BlackBerry. Not one. Ever. Just me. Of course, now that BlackBerry phones are glass slabs, it can be harder to spot them in the wild in actual use.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    01-20-17 02:14 PM
    I was in NYC for the Blackberry Security Summit this past summer so I won't include what I saw there, but when my Girlfriend and I went to the 9/11 memorial and I was taking pictures with my PRIV some people were more interested in my phone than the memorial.

On a side and more disturbing note, I had a meeting with Blackberry sales and Enterprise solutions last week and imagine my utter shock that not one of them (NOT ONE) was carrying a Blackberry. IPhones, Dell laptop and IPads. How can you possibly try to sell Enterprise Services when you don't even carry the (new or old) company devices??? This coupled with the fact I had specifically asked them to bring devices to show us how they integrate Mobile Device Management.

Wow....
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-20-17 02:54 PM
    I was in NYC for the Blackberry Security Summit this past summer so I won't include what I saw there, but when my Girlfriend and I went to the 9/11 memorial and I was taking pictures with my PRIV some people were more interested in my phone than the memorial.

On a side and more disturbing note, I had a meeting with Blackberry sales and Enterprise solutions last week and imagine my utter shock that not one of them (NOT ONE) was carrying a Blackberry. IPhones, Dell laptop and IPads. How can you possibly try to sell Enterprise Services when you don't even carry the (new or old) company devices??? This coupled with the fact I had specifically asked them to bring devices to show us how they integrate Mobile Device Management.

Wow....
    are they from "good"? not real BB as you thought would be... different DNA ;-)
    01-20-17 03:20 PM

Wow....
    You use what works to get the job done. And especially for those that travel, there is a need for APPS. Besides, I bet at this point there are far more iPhones and Android being connected via BlackBerry's Enterprise Services. It makes sense to showcase that Good/BES is very capable of doing this.

But then you do have to wonder.... if these a BYOD or corporate issued phone. If BlackBerry had decided that for their sales forces, iDevices are the best option....
    zephyr613 likes this.
    01-20-17 03:23 PM
    Not nyc, but is stranger to see blackberries (especially the priv) on My city (Caracas, Venezuela), I have seen a good quantity of Q10 and Z10's and even privs, no even one passport or Classic, Just 2 Q5's and a ton of bbos devices

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 05:40 PM

Wow....
    That's upsetting. Not even Android BlackBerrys??
    01-20-17 06:21 PM
    I don't live in NYC but I saw more BlackBerrys in Scotland than in rest of the UK.

Large amount of Z30 and Classics out there

Relatively more Q10 in London

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 06:47 PM
    Should I rename this "I see dead phones"?

I kid...i kid...
    Ecm, Thud Hardsmack, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    01-20-17 11:06 PM
    That's ever. Only seen those few bb10 devices over the several years since it's been out, including airports!

Yesterday, someone asked me if my passport was a phone!
    Someone asked me if mine was 'the new iPad mini'. Really.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 11:43 PM

1. Passport - 1
    2. Classic - 3
    3. Q10 - 1

Always love a good story about seeing other Blackberry devices in the wild.

I had a similar experience when i was shopping. I was standing in the queue and i saw a phone with the Blackberry logo. Now thats already a surprise lol. But the screen was very wide and i was a little confused and for a moment. i thought it was some unreleased demo device lol. But after she turned around, it was a Passport.

Ive only sever seen the following and all have been while shopping!. Never seen any while at an Airport.

1 Passport
    1 Z10
    1 Q10
    01-21-17 02:27 AM
    I've seen one Passport in the wild and it was white. Guy in front of me while in security line at Addis Ababa airport had it. Tried to ask him about it but I didn't speak his language.
    Last edited by Tim-ANC; 01-21-17 at 05:02 AM.
    01-21-17 03:59 AM
    Haha, great!!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 04:14 AM
    I had a shocking reaction to a BB I saw on vacation in June. It was a woman in our group of 15 and we were in an exotic locale - the Azores. She was using a BB but I did not recognize it. She let me see if and I had to go to Settings, About. It was a Z30!!!!! I did not believe it. I was using the Z30 until March of this year and I did not recognize it. In my defense, I'd always had mine in a case and so seeing it naked made it look like a completely different phone. I've had the Priv since March.

I still have never seen a Passport. Nor either of the Dtek models.
    01-21-17 09:10 AM
    Should I rename this "I see dead phones"?

I kid...i kid...
    Shocking!1
    01-21-17 03:21 PM
    Living in NYC for years, I'm constantly observing what phones other are using on the subway, since they always have them out. I've seen the PRIV only two times. I've never seen the Passport. The Classic and Q10 I've seen a bunch of times, typically business types.
    01-21-17 04:32 PM
    Here in NYC I've seen a few Q10's and maybe 1 Classic. I've only seen the Z30 and Priv in Verizon stores. I've yet to lay eyes on a Q5 or a Z10.

My local Verizon store is a corporate store on the Upper East Side. One staff member there is a BB fanatic. He mentioned (maybe a year ago) that a sizable chunk of their customers use their phone for e-mails, SMS, twitter, etc.. Anything with a keyboard flies off the shelves. They never got many Q10's or Classics, but those they got went quickly.

As an aside, they even had the Droid 4 on display until about 2 years ago. I asked about that and was told that some customers want keyboards and that's all they could get.
    01-21-17 07:49 PM
    Here in NYC I've seen a few Q10's and maybe 1 Classic. I've only seen the Z30 and Priv in Verizon stores. I've yet to lay eyes on a Q5 or a Z10.

My local Verizon store is a corporate store on the Upper East Side. One staff member there is a BB fanatic. He mentioned (maybe a year ago) that a sizable chunk of their customers use their phone for e-mails, SMS, twitter, etc.. Anything with a keyboard flies off the shelves. They never got many Q10's or Classics, but those they got went quickly.

As an aside, they even had the Droid 4 on display until about 2 years ago. I asked about that and was told that some customers want keyboards and that's all they could get.
    Out of curiosity, which store is this? I'm on the Upper East Side. The closest store to me is on 86th/Lex and I don't even think they had the PRIV on display. I asked. Prior to that though they had them all.
    MrVeda likes this.
    01-22-17 08:01 AM
    73rd/Third. They had one, lone Priv for a while. I was able to play with it for a few min. I wasn't impressed with the keyboard, but I hardly had time to assess it properly. The one time I saw a Z30 was at the Grand Central store with an entrance on Lex at 43rd. Both seemed uncomfortably large, but the Z30 seemed the less awkward of the two. I didn't hate the Z30's vkb in the first 5 seconds so it must be pretty good. If it weren't for the Android run-time issue I'd probably pick up a used one to give it a long term test drive...
    01-22-17 08:55 AM
40 12